1/2 hour talk by Dr Penny Sartori

Thanks for the link. Refreshing to see a real scientist discuss her work, rather than listen to the abrasive platitudes of Skeptics who themselves have rarely conducted any empirical studies (and often lack rudimentary knowledge) of phenomena they are so willing to ridicule.

My Best,
Bertha

[quote="Bertha Huse, post: 66286, member: 787" Refreshing to see a real scientist discuss her work, rather than... blah, blah, blah...[/quote]

Perhaps a list of Penny Sartori's peer reviewed papers would be helpful here?

Wuff.

Shes used to be involved with the subject in real life. I wouldnt call her more of a scientist then others out there, but she got her data not through lab work or stuff like that. That makes that was shes talking about quite interesting. Its from situations that happen every day :) Atleast in intensive care.

Wuff.

Shes used to be involved with the subject in real life. I wouldnt call her more of a scientist then others out there, but she got her data not through lab work or stuff like that. That makes that was shes talking about quite interesting. Its from situations that happen every day :) Atleast in intensive care.
I agree. It was more aimed at Bertha and how he judges a 'real scientist'.

A real scientist usually performs empirical research and reviews for herself the scientific research of her colleagues. Unlike the Skeptic's Society.

So Malf, where is the paper by Penny Sartori you said you wanted to discuss? I imagine given you know so much about her work since you are like a good scientist and have reviewed in detail her empirical research, you must possess remarkable knowledge about her. Feel free to demonstrate your superior knowledge that allows you to be the know-it-all Skeptic that you are.

My Best,
Bertha

Last edited:
A real scientist usually performs empirical research and reviews for herself the scientific research of her colleagues. Unlike the Skeptic's Society.

So Malf, where is the paper by Penny Sartori you said you wanted to discuss? I imagine given you know so much about her work since you are like a good scientist and have reviewed in detail her empirical research, you must possess remarkable knowledge about her. Feel free to demonstrate your superior knowledge that allows you to be the know-it-all Skeptic that you are.

My Best,
Bertha

Here is Penny Sartori's paper.

No it wouldn't be helpful. It would be stupid. Peer-review is something the scientific establishment and it's lackeys (hmm??) trumpet but it has nothing to do with science per se. And even within that establishment it has little to do with being a scientist.

Back