10% Brain and Psi Silliness

Ah yes. The oft - used misinformation that parapsychology has no theory.

I'm not aware of many--then again, according to the data science class I've been taking a mechanistic analysis is one of the last things that is performed when doing this kind of work.

Ah yes. The oft - used misinformation that parapsychology has no theory.
I've certainly read various attempts at a theory. I'm sure a few experiments have been derived from them. Now it's time to pick the best one or two and focus in.

What's the best theory of psi, do you think?

~~ Paul

I wonder if the idea that you only use 10% of your brain, somehow came from the observation of many people who have had NDE's, that they somehow think a lot more clearly 'out there' and have access to a lot more information.

David

I wonder if the idea that you only use 10% of your brain, somehow came from the observation of many people who have had NDE's, that they somehow think a lot more clearly 'out there' and have access to a lot more information.

David
As I recall the origin of this myths history can be traced. It had nothing to do with nde.

David

The 10 Percent of Brain Myth
Researchers suggest that this popular urban legend has existed since at least the early 1900s. It may have been influenced by people misunderstanding or misinterpreting neurological research. The 10 percent myth may have emerged from the writings of psychologist and philosopher William James. In his 1908 book, The Energies of Men, he wrote, "We are making use of only a small part of our possible mental and physical resources."

Doug

I saw this clip at the cinema a few weeks ago... looks like being another cracking Luc Besson film

I thought it was fun. However, I'm reconsidering "Lucy." I'm reading such horrible reviews. Perhaps I'll see Hercules instead. That should just be silly and fun.

~~ Paul

Hercules got bad reviews from what I saw. I think Bishop is right - GoG might be the only blockbuster out right now worth shelling a ticket for.

I liked Captain America II well enough.

Back