Mod+ 229. The 5 Things You Need to Know About Skeptiko

To me, "follow the data" meant experimentally derived data -

First, it rarely translates that absolutely in practice. Second not everything reveals itself to the experimental approach. Third, what is called the observer effect is actual, and far more pronounce than most would think. Fourth, not all areas of exploration beyond materialism produce physical data. Fifth, style it as one will, it is still a clinging to the idea that the intellect, rationality and logic will lead to knowledge in any\/every area.

That statement about what Blake couldn't imagine is spurious. You have no basis to assert such. In fact, I'll venture that those who think we've learned from "applied science" or are impressed by what we've created so far are much more limited in their imaginings/projections than Blake is. The state of applied science is to my view - basic, backwards even. And I think that even though there's a a fair amount of stuff in materialism that I find interesting. Yes some of what QM is moving into could move things beyond that but there are still few who "go there."

BTW QM is not considered "a science".
I was commenting about Nietzsche.

Really, QM aka Quantum Physics is not a science, then what is it?

My apologies for misreading.

My statement was: QM is not considered "a science. " It is considered a theory, a specialization or a branch within a science. Physics being the science. Nit-picky yes . . . which is why it was a BTW.
Ok. I see.

It means someone that follows nearly every posting of someone by either clicking like or dislike etc., but never actually posting themselves. Rosebud is or was a member. Rosebudding. :)
ok, right. yea, some people are working there stuff out in strange was... scratch that... we're all working our stuff out in strange ways. let's just try and tolerate each other, but when folks get really annoying (aforementioned :)) let me know and we'll try and right the ship.

ok, right. yea, some people are working there stuff out in strange was... scratch that... we're all working our stuff out in strange ways. let's just try and tolerate each other, but when folks get really annoying (aforementioned :)) let me know and we'll try and right the ship.

Appreciated!

Back