Mod+ 229. The 5 Things You Need to Know About Skeptiko

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by alex.tsakiris, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Saiko

Saiko Member

First, it rarely translates that absolutely in practice. Second not everything reveals itself to the experimental approach. Third, what is called the observer effect is actual, and far more pronounce than most would think. Fourth, not all areas of exploration beyond materialism produce physical data. Fifth, style it as one will, it is still a clinging to the idea that the intellect, rationality and logic will lead to knowledge in any\/every area.

2. steve001

steve001 Member

I was commenting about Nietzsche.

Really, QM aka Quantum Physics is not a science, then what is it?

3. Saiko

Saiko Member

My apologies for misreading.

My statement was: QM is not considered "a science. " It is considered a theory, a specialization or a branch within a science. Physics being the science. Nit-picky yes . . . which is why it was a BTW.

4. steve001

steve001 Member

Ok. I see.

5. Alex

Alex New

IDK... pls explain.

6. steve001

steve001 Member

It means someone that follows nearly every posting of someone by either clicking like or dislike etc., but never actually posting themselves. Rosebud is or was a member. Rosebudding. :)

7. Alex

Alex New

ok, right. yea, some people are working there stuff out in strange was... scratch that... we're all working our stuff out in strange ways. let's just try and tolerate each other, but when folks get really annoying (aforementioned :)) let me know and we'll try and right the ship.

8. Arouet

Arouet Member

Appreciated!