Mod+ 234. GLOBAL WARMING, CLIMATE CHANGE AND OUR ILLUSION OF CONTROL

There is evidence on both sides. Some evidence is better than others. I suspect the real problems will be in 150 - 200 years time... so, f*ck em.

Well at least that gives some room for reason. I suspect the sun will answer the question well before that time frame and the rest of science will finally acknowledge it as perfectly natural, as much of the science and all of history does now.

Well at least that gives some room for reason. I suspect the sun will answer the question well before that time frame and the rest of science will finally acknowledge it as perfectly natural, as much of the science and all of history does now.

So your position is we should keep pumping increased amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere, without any regard or fear?

So your position is we should keep pumping increased amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere, without any regard or fear?

You mean the 3% of the 0.04% in a relative carbon drought that is now greening the Earth's vegetation? Levels that are still well below optimal levels for vegetation? Also buffering against grand solar minimum crop outputs? What's to fear? Wait till the GSM then you'll have something to fear.

We should address pollution, not something that is essential for life.

Fear is promoted to support the scam. The scam fully outlined decades ago beginning with the club of Rome. Is your position to pay more taxes, pay more for everything actually. To endanger people in poverty and support agenda 21 to give up control of every facet of your life for junk science?

What are they spraying in the skies? Who is directing the operation? Where do the planes take off and land from? How many are up there? Who flies them? Who fills their tanks? Who drives the delivery trucks that service the planes? Where do they load up? Answer these questions, then talk about man made climate change!

The forces behind the little freak.
This is biased reporting, and I think your comment is rude.
The reporter speculates and makes leading statements qualified only by how and what he wants to see, manipulating his 'findings' to further his dramatic assignment..ie the "lies" of Greta. Alarmist comparison with Mao and firing squads (3:00) accusations of authoritarian hypocrisy (3:09) because she uses plastic, like the rest of us? Her school is not 'real' so her strike is invalid? Really?
Greta is not responsible for the worldwide alarm, despair and depression among teenagers (I have two) It is quite possible she has voiced what many of them feel. That corporations and politicians who claim to 'lead' us are driven by the priorities of profitable exploitation and are indifferent to the consequences. You're alright with that are you?
You are equally blinded by your negative perception of this global event. If you were more neutral and without agenda or previously fixed belief, you would see that she is a symptom of a much bigger and real issue, the callous use and pollution of a planet we all should own and care for. The fact that a lot of people share her opinion is hardly her fault.

What are they spraying in the skies? Who is directing the operation? Where do the planes take off and land from? How many are up there? Who flies them? Who fills their tanks? Who drives the delivery trucks that service the planes? Where do they load up? Answer these questions, then talk about man made climate change!

I’ve addressed this topic some time ago. You may find my posts in this thread interesting, or frustrating:

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/chem-trails.884/

The reporter speculates and makes leading statements qualified only by how and what he wants to see, manipulating his 'findings' to further his dramatic assignment..ie the "lies" of Greta. Alarmist comparison with Mao and firing squads (3:00) accusations of authoritarian hypocrisy (3:09) because she uses plastic, like the rest of us? Her school is not 'real' so her strike is invalid? Really?
Greta is not responsible for the worldwide alarm, despair and depression among teenagers (I have two) It is quite possible she has voiced what many of them feel. That corporations and politicians who claim to 'lead' us are driven by the priorities of profitable exploitation and are indifferent to the consequences. You're alright with that are you?
You are equally blinded by your negative perception of this global event. If you were more neutral and without agenda or previously fixed belief, you would see that she is a symptom of a much bigger and real issue, the callous use and pollution of a planet we all should own and care for. The fact that a lot of people share her opinion is hardly her fault.
I'm not gonna bother to answer you, with you guys it's like a religion thing. I just pity you. Your lives are so empty, you elevate a little screeching moron into a prophet. Would be hilarious if it weren't pathetic.

On Thursday, a Facebook glitch revealed who’s posting on climate change alarmist Greta Thunberg’s Facebook page: her father Svantes Thunberg and “Climate Crisis activist” Adarsh Prathap.

"Facebook Glitch Reveals Father, Activist Behind Greta Thunberg’s Facebook Page. Greta Responds.
“[A] bug that was live from Thursday evening until Friday morning allowed anyone to easily reveal the accounts running a Page, essentially doxing anyone who posted to one,” Wired reported Friday.

“We quickly fixed an issue where someone could see who edited or published a post on behalf of a Page when looking at its edit history,” Facebook responded to the controversy in a statement. “We are grateful to the security researcher who alerted us to this issue.”

“Still, despite the Friday morning fix,” Wired explained, “screenshots circulated on 4chan, Imgur, and social media appearing to show the accounts behind the official Facebook Pages of the pseudonymous artist Banksy, Russian president Vladimir Putin, former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton, Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau, the hacking collective Anonymous, climate activist Greta Thunberg, and rapper Snoop Dogg, among others.”

Screenshot circulating online show Svantes and Prathap behind the teen climate activist’s Facebook page."

HERE, GRETA WITHOUT THE HELP FROM HER HANDLERS:

I liked your post because it reveals things like this, things that I am uneasy with.

Greta “accidentally” wore an Antifa shirt during one of her recent appearances and was forced to publicly apologize
Young Greta actually let the cat out of the bag herself back in the summer when she accidentally wore an Antifa shirt, supposedly by mistake. On her Twitter account, Greta claimed that she didn’t realize that the shirt was advertising a violent domestic terrorist organization, and said she was sorry.
But this is difficult to believe seeing as how Greta’s parents, Svante Thunberg and Malena Ernman, were captured in photos wearing the same exact shirt. We also now know that Malena, Greta’s mother, is a popular Swedish opera singer who’s well known for pushing extreme leftist causes.

Yeah, I feel very sorry for that kid, because her family are using her in that way.

I think it reflects badly on the whole CC movement - both because they seem content to let this abuse continue while they think it serves their goals, and because they seem to hope to focus on her, rather than on the facts.

Greta should be given some basic schooling if possible, and helped to develop as much as she can, not treated like this.

David

I'm not gonna bother to answer you, with you guys it's like a religion thing. I just pity you. Your lives are so empty, you elevate a little screeching moron into a prophet. Would be hilarious if it weren't pathetic.
Well, you just did, very aggressively. In fact you're all sounding like a cult. It's cosy picking on someone to blame, hey?

Almost everybody is polarized and has some degree of bias but regardless, when it comes to Greta, she is (metaphor here) a trained reality TV actress who has found "payoff" by throwing herself into a cause. She transfers her anger of a lost "normal teenage" life into the myriad of stills taken of that face of hers which, when the shot is right (and she provides many) is literally the poster child for "tantrum."

This "talent" was discovered by the forces that seek nothing but power and control over the planet and care nothing for anything else, much less the well being of its inhabitants.

I think she is helping them to feel involved and politicised, instead of disempowered and ignored.

I don’t think scaring the shite out of youngsters will help them overcome ‘alarm, despair and depression’. Fear is what propaganda thrives on, I don’t think she comes from a place of wisdom or honesty. Not that many others do, of course. I think ‘Involved and politicised’ may be dangerous when it doesn’t come from the right place.

Last edited:
Back