Mod+ 257. DR. DIANE POWELL FINDS TELEPATHY AMONG AUTISTIC SAVANT CHILDREN

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by alex.tsakiris, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Typoz

Typoz Member

I'm sure this will help enormously. Fell better now?

Bucky, DasMurmeltier and Arouet like this.
  2. Bucky

Bucky Member

Chillax mate. This is no Youtube comment section. And it's really not helpful.

3. Far.From.Here

Far.From.Here New

Piss off, Bucky. All I'm saying is that if something is important, then quick making excuses. Stand up. There is a dignity to being a true human being.

4. Bucky

Bucky Member

It's also so easy judging people... sooo easy... a couple of "data points" and you're already "know", innit? ;)
    Come on...

5. Far.From.Here

Far.From.Here New

If I didn't hold myself to the same standards then I wouldn't say anything. I'm tired of the whiny "everyone is making it so hard on me" attitude that has become the norm everywhere. Become a fucking warrior. Tear your fucking heart out and commit to your destiny. Anything else is bullshit. You get one go round. I do the work every single day. And if I don't then I make sure that I know why I failed and how to succeed the next. It's about honesty and looking into the face of death. If you don't think it is, then you are just kidding yourself.

6. Bucky

Bucky Member

So you teach lessons on how things should be done to people you don't even know, but you're sure they're not doing it right...

7. Far.From.Here

Far.From.Here New

I haven't any idea what you are talking about. I was supportive of Dr. Powell when she first presented her work here. And I still think it is a valuable avenue for exploration. All my remarks are based on her attitude that somehow the posters on this forum have impeded her progress. That's a ridiculous assertion.

8. I gotta say I kinda agree with Far.From.Here.

Also, it's possible the reason Deepak Chopra and Sheldrake learned of Diane's work is I contacted both of them after learning about it on this very forum. Not saying I was the definitive force - maybe others did the same - but anyway I think the posters here who respectfully engaged Diane's work did so in the spirit of genuine skepticism rather than the materialist evangelism of the pseudoskeptical cults.

brooke likes this.
  9. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

I am a great fan of Rupert Sheldrake, and I am glad you are working with him.
    Most (but not all!) of the people on this forum are very open to the implications of the work you are doing. We want you to succeed, and we want you to come out with the most convincing evidence possible.
    Listening to criticism from such people may be painful for you, but you should certainly not feel it impedes your progress. If our criticism of your first video stimulates you to come up with some more unambiguous evidence, that won't have been wasted time!

David

Michael Duggan, Bucky, brooke and 2 others like this.
  10. AlexT

AlexT Administrator

pls take 3 days off from posting.

11. Far.From.Here

Far.From.Here New

Delete my account.

12. Trancestate

Trancestate Member

Diane Powell has updated her website with an interesting article regarding her "Telepathy Project":

http://dianehennacypowell.com/consciousness/telepathy-project/

Among other things, she provides a bit more anecdotal evidence of Hayley's telepathic abilities. I remain hopeful that she'll be able to conduct more rigorous studies with the girl in the not-too-distant future.

Doug

Michael Duggan, Bucky, Typoz and 2 others like this.
  13. Typoz

Typoz Member

Doug, Thanks for the update.

Also, I found these words particularly relevant:
    If the work helps at all in showing a possible path through this issue, I'd say it would be immensely worthwhile.

K9!, Trancestate and Bucky like this.
  14. KMarantz

KMarantz New

has anyone seen this?

15. K9!

K9! New

16. Trancestate

Trancestate Member

Thanks K9. It's good to know Deepak is on board with Powell's research. Now she'll have the funds to go back and study Haley using a blind protocol.

Doug

soulatman, Ian Gordon and K9! like this.
  17. KMarantz

KMarantz New

That Ramses kid/mother are not genuine. That lady is a fraud. As far as Dr. Powell's research goes, Haley could have been properly tested with a fairly small budget and results should be cut and dry if done right. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the asking of nearly a half million for this.

18. bishop

bishop Member

Well, if Ramses and his mom are frauds, then so is Powell. She had this to say about testing him.
    If they're frauds and she's not picking up on it while actually there in person something is really, really screwed up about the whole situation. How the heck could the boy cheat at reading Powell's mind anyways (with CAT)? So IMO Sheldrake and Chopra, who are clearly fully supportive of Powell, need to do more than give her money. They're sitting on one of the most incredible breakthroughs in parapsychology so far this century; a boy who can telepathically access over 40 digits with 100% accuracy with seemingly no effort. I wonder what they will all do about it?

19. KMarantz

KMarantz New

And the video of this? Of course there isn't any.

20. bishop

bishop Member

So what are the options then? Powell is a fraud or epically credulous?