Mod+ 258. JOHN MICHAEL GREER ON OUR MYTH OF PROGRESS

In some ways, I feel about the Greens as I do about Fundamentalist Christian organisations when they campaign for less abortion.

In both cases I wish they would come clean about their whole agenda.

The FC's want to restrict sex entirely within marriage - stopping abortions and restricting birth control is just a step in that direction.

The Greens seem to have a vague but dangerous and fictitious concept of a past when we were supposedly in harmony with our environment. I think some of them would like to make it impractical to make anything out of artificial materials - such as plastics, and would happily accept much higher levels of food wastage (and associated starvation) to avoid the use of all chemicals in food. There is no analysis of the pros and cons, there is just dogma.

While restricting abortions (particularly late term) and cutting waste and pollution (by which I don't include CO2) are desirable, the overall aim of both these groups absurd and harmful. How many parents would feel comfortable if their child announced they were getting engaged but waiting for sex until they were married?

David

Back