$3.8M grant to study integrated naturopathic cancer treatment

Arouet

Something to keep an eye on:

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...jor-grant-will-fund-study-of-cancer-treatment

Seely, who is the executive director of the Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre (OICC) and an affiliate investigator with the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, has joined up with older brother Dr. Andrew Seely, a thoracic surgeon at The Ottawa Hospital.

The pair will co-lead a major research project that will do what many have long asked for: provide hard data about whether naturopathic therapies such as acupuncture, massage, exercise and nutritional therapies combined with conventional medicine can help prolong or improve the lives of cancer patients.

Looks like it will be an 11 year project so won't be much news for awhile. The grant is private, from an anonymous foundation.

This is actually really great. Thank you for the link, Arouet.

I feel the final line, "provide hard data about whether naturopathic therapies such as acupuncture, massage, exercise and nutritional therapies combined with conventional medicine can help prolong or improve the lives of cancer patients." especially the bolded section is really open ended and will yield good results for the benefit of cancer patients. What I mean is... while I am not really that versed in the naturopathic practices that are listed above (because it is not of much interest to me normally), or their effect in curing ailments, there are plenty of people who psychological feel better by practicing homeopathy and other similar practices.

Back