A simple telepathy test: which number did I write?

I recently wrote and circled one of the ten numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 on my paper.

I ask you to write it here (if you think you might know it).

Thank you for participating.

Psychic perception works best when there is nothing known about the question. In remote viewing, they just give the viewer an arbitrary number representing the target or a sealed envelope with a picture inside. The reason for this is that if you know something about the problem, your mind will produce associations, memories, and thoughts that will interfere with recognizing faint psychic perceptions. When you say that you have a number, or when you write out all the numbers, you are filling the mind of the participant with noise that will drown out the signal (psychic perceptions).

Also, for most people, psychic experiences occur spontaneously about phenomena that are important in their lives. Trying to produce them at will in an experiment with meaningless numbers, or symbols on cards, is like trying to study the behavior of a wild animal in a cage in a laboratory. You won't observe much.

The easiest way to observe psychic phenomenon is to keep a dream log and look for precognitive dreams.

Last edited:
Psychic perception works best when there is nothing known about the question. ...
This was probably not Joseph Banks Rhine's opinion when he was conducting forced choice experiments using Zener cards.
Also, for most people psychic experiences occur spontaneously about phenomena that are important in their lives. Trying to produce them at will in an experiment is like trying to study the behavior of a wild animal in a cage in a laboratory. You won't observe much.

The easiest way to observe psychic phenomenon is to keep a dream log and look for precognitive dreams.
I am trying to investigate here a "special" phenomenon, which may have more consequences in your lives than what you might think.

Even though the test is over I'd like to point out, just like Jim_Smith did, that remote viewing a number is among the most difficult psychic tasks possible. A number is not tangible and doesn't carry an emotional load. In remote viewing, if one's target is a number (e.g. for lottery predictions) a so-called associative protocol is used, according to which the numbers are mapped to photos of real tangible objects/events or even real objects.