Abortion

The subject of abortion relates to consciousness and science because the arguments pro and con revolve around what constitutes a conscious being, the rights of conscious beings, and how we value conscious beings as a society.

"Ben Shapiro Eviscerates Abortion Argument"
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21124...erates-abortion-argument-amanda-prestigiacomo
He continued, "The problem is, any time you draw any line other than the inception of the child, you end up drawing a false line that can also be applied to people who are adults. So, either human life has intrinsic value or it doesn’t. I think we both agree that adult human life has intrinsic value – can we start from that premise?"

The student replied: “I believe that sentience is what gives something moral value, not necessarily being a human alone.”

“So when you’re asleep, can I stab you?” said Shapiro, setting up the student’s demise.

“I’m still considered sentient when I’m asleep,” answered the student, a sense of hesitation in his voice.

Shapiro answered, “Okay, if you are in a coma from which you may awake, can I stab you?”

“Well then, uh, no,” replied the student, as the crowd erupted in laughter.

“I’m glad you answered that because I have no interest in actually murdering you,” quipped Shapiro.

But the student gave it another shot: “But, there’s still potential sentience and it's still a potential–“

“I agree it is potential sentience. You know what else is potential sentience? Being a fetus,” said Shapiro.​

http://www.dailywire.com/node/21134

The typical pro-life position here has been that the woman is a victim in abortion nearly as much as the baby is. there is a entire abortion industry that is geared toward teaching women that babies are not babies and that getting a baby aborted is, in fact, a betterment of their life. So no, I'm not in favor of prosecuting women for abortions.​

The subject of Abortion also relates to "debates" in general which is of interest to anyone interested in the paranormal. These articles show that if you look into the details of the subject you might find out the people who are against abortion are not what they are characterized as by the media. These articles are from a talk at Berkeley which is currently attempting to teach its students to be tolerant of alternative views. I don't know if this is a turning point in our current culture of intolerance, but it would be a good thing if people understood that you can't trust media characterizations, you have to investigate primary references for yourself if you want to understand the truth. It is a shame that so many colleges no longer teach such basic rules of scholarship.