Afterlife : telepathy and physical body, a contradiction ?

loka

New
About the afterlife. The Common idea in the esoteric litterature is that we still have a body but we communicate by telepathy.
What a shame !
A beautifull mouth, beautifull eyes, and they are left without expression ?
A mouth for nothing ?
Is it paradise or a wax museum ?
I'm sarcastic in purpose.

Common esoteric knowledge says we have way more than "a body"... it's like an onion of energy layers.
You seem to be referring to the etheric body which is lost relatively soon after death, and which resembles the features of the physical body it was surrounding.

The other higher bodies / layers (astral, mental, causal...) have no specific shape, although they radiate different qualities/energies. At least so does the astral, higher than that it usually looses all sensory qualities (color, shape etc...)

I have no idea if this corresponds to what is really going on or not. What I find fascinating is that this concept comes up in many different traditions from very different and distant places both in space and time. And it's quite a sophisticated concept, which you have oversimplified and rendered pretty dull in your OP :D

Go check one of Steiner's book ("the occult science") or Yogananda's or Buddhist esotericism and you'll see what I mean.

Reactions: tim
About the afterlife. The Common idea in the esoteric litterature is that we still have a body but we communicate by telepathy.
Really? Body? Common? :) If so, then I'd guess that what some people are taping into and thinking of as an "afterlife" are other physical existences of their source Self Others may tap the non-physical and clothe it with the attributes most familiar to them from this framework. It is difficult to translate non-physical existence into terms we understand.

That aside, what is sad about physical beings communicating primarily through telepathy?

thanks for your answers. But I'm not convinced by them. In the contrary, i think that some contradictions of a possible afterlife are "too big" for me. The Body/Telepathy is just one of them.

thanks for your answers. But I'm not convinced by them. In the contrary, i think that some contradictions of a possible afterlife are "too big" for me. The Body/Telepathy is just one of them.
I think it is a mistake to come to Skeptiko for certainty - because you won't get it. People go to various religious organisations for certainty, or they take on an ultra-materialist position to achieve the opposite certainty, but both kinds of certainty are phoney.

Skeptiko lets all the messy details hang out!

David

I do not think there contradiction. If disembodied spirits have mouths, it is only vestige of their appearance when they were biological beings.

Back