Are Angels Real ?

Steve

I have come to believe that they are.

I read so many reports about people seeing them like an ex FBI lady who saw them at the scene of a 9/11 plane crash and people like Ed Dames who totally believes they are real (through remote viewing). I am reading a book about ' The Third Man Factor' when people under stress, like on mountains and in the sea after their ship has sunk etc, many people have reported a presence helping them.

I don't believe they're always angels but I think they sometimes are, here's a video I saw today.

I would say they are light beings who appear to look over us ? They don't normally interfere but when they need to, for reasons beyond our knowledge, they sometimes do so. There seem to be people that have passed over for example in the video above that appear as 'angels' too, but I think there is evidence for real beings we would call angels. (With wings!). ;)

I watch over, for example, insects when I'm out and about. I don't try to interfere with nature all the time but if one is drowning, or about to be flattened, then I might interfere. Is it hard to believe that some thing might do the same for us?

Nice, reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

Every blade of grass has an angel that bends over it and whispers, 'Grow, grow!'
-The Talmud

I've just had a therapy session with my regular lady, who is very spiritual, sees ghosts etc and knows a bit about this. I asked her if there were such a thing as angels and the answer was very definitely yes. She says there are hundreds or thousands of Angels, here to help us.
She said she once called on Archangel Michael for help when trying to clear an evil spirit and becoming afraid. She said his energy is 'quite scary' it is so powerful and she treats them with big Respect. All the Archangels have different 'types' or flavours of energy.Very interesting.

I would say they are light beings who appear to look over us ? They don't normally interfere but when they need to, for reasons beyond our knowledge, they sometimes do so. There seem to be people that have passed over for example in the video above that appear as 'angels' too, but I think there is evidence for real beings we would call angels. (With wings!). ;)

Why would they need wings? Anyway, I think there is enough uncertainty about what is beyond this world to allow for angels :)

I love the idea of spiritual beings who've been at our side since we came into the world, know what's going on, want to communicate with us, and do what they can to protect us and keep us on our agreed-upon path, short of messing with our free will. As a guy in America, it's not easy for me to say that because both the secular and spiritual industries here have over-sanitized these beings to be adorable, lacey, flaky, little pets who faint at the first passed gas.

In fact, back to the topic, I think we should explore the topic of angels more because of how powerful-yet-personal they actually are, from what I understand. Unfortunately, I can't think of any scientific experiment to suggest that they exist or can be accessed at will...

I love the idea of spiritual beings who've been at our side since we came into the world, know what's going on, want to communicate with us, and do what they can to protect us and keep us on our agreed-upon path, short of messing with our free will. As a guy in America, it's not easy for me to say that because both the secular and spiritual industries here have over-sanitized these beings to be adorable, lacey, flaky, little pets who faint at the first passed gas.

In fact, back to the topic, I think we should explore the topic of angels more because of how powerful-yet-personal they actually are, from what I understand. Unfortunately, I can't think of any scientific experiment to suggest that they exist or can be accessed at will...

Meh. Every experiment that would possibly try to research spiritual agents (i dont like calling those angels, although they may be the same thing) is bound to be related to religion at some point. And when that happens it wont be getting recognized as anything worthwhile by science. Btw, i dont know any specific study to that, but i'd assume that the vatican researched that stuff quite a bit. Most people like to ignore that, but they got their own researchers in Rome. Its propably a bit hard though to get anything out of their stuff that isnt based on their belief, but it may be possible. I imagine one has to search a bit for that stuff though.Note that im not talking about the bible or any prayers.

I personally find it hard to imagine that there are beings that lead the way and protect everyone. Theres too much tragedy in this world for that. Some of those angels must be doing a pretty bad job.

Meh. Every experiment that would possibly try to research spiritual agents (i dont like calling those angels, although they may be the same thing) is bound to be related to religion at some point. And when that happens it wont be getting recognized as anything worthwhile by science. Btw, i dont know any specific study to that, but i'd assume that the vatican researched that stuff quite a bit. Most people like to ignore that, but they got their own researchers in Rome. Its propably a bit hard though to get anything out of their stuff that isnt based on their belief, but it may be possible. I imagine one has to search a bit for that stuff though.Note that im not talking about the bible or any prayers.

I personally find it hard to imagine that there are beings that lead the way and protect everyone. Theres too much tragedy in this world for that. Some of those angels must be doing a pretty bad job.

I understand how you feel, really. I've read up on angels/messengers/agents from various sources (though none of which I would say is an authority on the subject), and free will seems to be a huge plot point. I agree that there is a massive amount of pain in this world, and for the foreseeable future there will continue to be so. However, most of the pain is man-made, and if man has free will, and if angels exist, and they can't cross our free will, there are probably a lot more angelsangels in anguish than us.

Now, I get that angels have a big religious connotation, but I think if a scientist just changes the wording in their experiment, a sympathetic journal shouldn't have a big problem publishing the results. Dr. Parnia did just that. Maybe we don't look for the existence of angels or spiritual agents. We look for the existence of noncorporeal beings with a demonstrated interest in a particular person. Or something.

Good point about the Vatican, I'll check their site out at some point and see what they've got.

Certainly "angels" or "beings" that are sometimes interpreted as angels, seem to turn up when death hits you as in cardiac arrest. There's no doubt about that, I've read dozens of such instances. Bit puzzling really, the descriptions always seem to inadequate or is it that the observer can't find the right words to describe them.

Certainly "angels" or "beings" that are sometimes interpreted as angels, seem to turn up when death hits you as in cardiac arrest. There's no doubt about that, I've read dozens of such instances. Bit puzzling really, the descriptions always seem to inadequate or is it that the observer can't find the right words to describe them.
I think the experience goes through at least three levels of interpretation as it reaches us. First the person having the experience is trying to understand and make sense of it as it takes place. That may involve trying to fit it into some context which the person can relate to. Secondly, as the person attempts to share it with others, the rather crude mechanism of words comes into use, which forces the experience to fit within an even narrower confine, that which words are able to describe. And of course we re-interpret those words to fit what we hear within some context which we can understand. No wonder the picture which emerges is so unclear to non-experiencers.

I am reading a book by Hannen Swaffer in which he discusses the ostensible return of Lord Northcliffe. In the purported communications from Northfield, the communicator describes encountering a being immediately after death who, from the description, sounds angelic but actually turns out to be a friend who had pre-deceased the communicator.

Perhaps Angels are simply people who have attained a degree of spiritual progress - whatever that is.

Last edited:
That makes sense to me, Obiwan. Just as an aside I heard something interesting just by chancel when I was visiting a friend who was dying (but he didn't know it...or he seemed not to know it....maybe he did) I was sitting there quietly (my friend wasn't speaking) when my ears tuned into a conversation that was occurring behind my back. It was coming from an elderly woman who was talking to some visitors who were sitting around her.

I distinctly heard her say " I won't be with you very much longer, I've just seen an angel "

My ears pricked up like a hound dog ...I was desperate to go over and conduct an interview :) but I couldn't think of a way to barge in .....you know

"Say...did I hear you mention an angel, mam, I am extremely interested in such matters .....blah blah " No, don't think so

I did catch a good look at her before I left and she certainly looked happy.

Some sources that I have at least a small degree of confidence in claim that they do. And that they are a distinct line of evolution, different from humans, and that unlike humans they do not incarnate. Rumor has it that while humans operate primarily on the physical, astral, and mental planes of consciousness (only the last two when "dead"), angels are primarily focused in the higher mental plane and play different roles in creation. The sources that I'm referring to claim to be clairvoyant, and also claim to be able to distinguish between different forms of psychic perception (astral which is common, mental which is much less common, and intuition which is rare) and also to be able to distinguish between psychic/intuitive communication with a discarnate human vs. that of an angel. They also claim there are certain forms of consciousness that reside pretty much exclusively at the astral plane and do not incarnate, and that angels do in fact interact with humans sometimes for various reasons.

Obviously to be taken with a small grain of salt :), but to me it intuitively makes some sense and gives me the feeling that we're only seeing the tip of a very large iceberg.

Cheers,
Bill

I understand how you feel, really. I've read up on angels/messengers/agents from various sources (though none of which I would say is an authority on the subject), and free will seems to be a huge plot point. I agree that there is a massive amount of pain in this world, and for the foreseeable future there will continue to be so. However, most of the pain is man-made, and if man has free will, and if angels exist, and they can't cross our free will, there are probably a lot more angelsangels in anguish than us.

Now, I get that angels have a big religious connotation, but I think if a scientist just changes the wording in their experiment, a sympathetic journal shouldn't have a big problem publishing the results. Dr. Parnia did just that. Maybe we don't look for the existence of angels or spiritual agents. We look for the existence of noncorporeal beings with a demonstrated interest in a particular person. Or something.

Good point about the Vatican, I'll check their site out at some point and see what they've got.

That could be the case. Could also imply that there may be reasons for deaths that are not man-made that we cant understand. Im especially thinking about the tragedy from pompeii a few hundred years ago where a vulcano killed lots of people.

Btw, i just tried finding something related to angels that comes from the church. The name coyne is everywhere, isnt it.

I think the experience goes through at least three levels of interpretation as it reaches us. First the person having the experience is trying to understand and make sense of it as it takes place. That may involve trying to fit it into some context which the person can relate to. Secondly, as the person attempts to share it with others, the rather crude mechanism of words comes into use, which forces the experience to fit within an even narrower confine, that which words are able to describe. And of course we re-interpret those words to fit what we hear within some context which we can understand. No wonder the picture which emerges is so unclear to non-experiencers.

What i also deem to be possible is that when we are on the verge of dying we gain some sort of other "senses". We could be like babies, not being capable to use those senses to the fullest. Obviously we would confuse beings for something that we know about. Another alternative to that is that we could be kind of rusty with those senses. I mean, we didnt use them when we were alive, except for propably sometimes when they get triggered by some sort of events.

...we're only seeing the tip of a very large iceberg.

Cheers,
Bill

Doesnt matter if we believe in angels or not, that is certainly true.

Some sources that I have at least a small degree of confidence in claim that they do. And that they are a distinct line of evolution, different from humans, and that unlike humans they do not incarnate.
There are many expressions of primary consciousness that do not take physical form. But that doesn't mean they're "angels" - in the ways the term is commonly used. Also, most of those expressions have no interest in physical systems.

I guess one could use the term angel to refer to specific non-physical entities that do have an interest in humanity. But what would those specifics be? Plus it also falls into the trap of thinking that there are "species" of non-physical.

Reading through this thread reminded me of how many humans seem to simultaneously over and under estimate humanity's importance.

There are many expressions of primary consciousness that do not take physical form. But that doesn't mean they're "angels" - in the ways the term is commonly used.
Yes, that was the exact point they were making, and that certain "senses" need to be developed to distinguish between those forms.

Cheers,
Bill

Back