Are you a skeptic or a proponent?

Are you a skeptic or a Proponent?

• Total voters
Actually I think "proponent" is a rather bad description of someone who is willing to look at the evidence with an open mind, and considers that the evidence strongly suggests that anomalous phenomena do exist.

I agree, but unfortunately the word "believer isn't correct and the proper word, "skeptic" has been twisted to mean a different kind of believer.

I want to believe in the existence of the afterlife, the primacy of consciousness, the abilities of psychics and mediums, the validity of NDEs, and the mechanism of reincarnation... but I'm familiar with only physical senses, and do not know how to personally identify and respond to nonphysical sensations. Until such time that I can do so, if even once, I can only act according to the tenets of materialism.

Therefore, I consider myself a skeptical proponent.

Thanks for sharing your set, Craig. There was some very funny stuff in it! I noticed that you do a lot of rapping in your act. Did you ever do music?

Thanks, Laird. I'm not sure why he wrote "creep" when i was just asking Craig an honest question. He seems like a guy with a lot of talents, so I figured maybe he used to play music, too. Malf - did you watch the stand up video Craig posted? Maybe if you did, my question would make more sense to you. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect at all. I'm new to the forum so maybe I'm missing some inside jokes or something ;)

Edit: Here is the video, maolf, in case you missed it:

Last edited:
Thanks, Laird. I'm not sure why he wrote "creep" when i was just asking Craig an honest question. He seems like a guy with a lot of talents, so I figured maybe he used to play music, too. Malf - did you watch the stand up video Craig posted? Maybe if you did, my question would make more sense to you. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect at all. I'm new to the forum so maybe I'm missing some inside jokes or something ;)

Sorry, was just a joke based on the fact that Craig is the sheriff in this town.

And Craig. Top marks for getting up and doing that, it's as scary as anything... As I've just demonstrated, jokes are not universally well received.

Don't worry it's not personal. Sometimes Malf can't contain his bitterness.

Sorry, was just a joke based on the fact that Craig is the sheriff in this town.

And Craig. Top marks for getting up and doing that, it's as scary as anything... As I've just demonstrated, jokes are not universally well received.

I didn't get your joke, but thanks for the props. I've had a lot of public speaking, improv comedy and some theater experience so while I do get a bit nervous getting up there, it's not that bad.

Back