Article in Psychology Today

Hello dear David:

I'm very very interested in reincarnation. If reincarnation is the truth, all the answers of the questions that I want within my humble and lousy life can have their own place somewhere. And I can have a hope to give my hellish suffering explanations.

But, I don't see any way, and chance that our "self" can pass from one incarnation to a next one. I particularly don't believe that there is a way to prove that our "self" can continue being existent from one incarnation to another.
That is to say, I'm afraid that even if people can "remember" their so-called "past life memories", those memories may be directly injected into their current "self", not have been actually experienced by their "self" when they were in "a previous life". We never experience a previous life or a next life, we only experience this current life of us and we will disappear when we die.

Some higher, powerful, determinant forces or existence can create our "self" just for collecting the experience information, and then upload our memories somewhere, and then discard and destroy our "self", and then create new ones to experience other incarnations.

The past life memories and the next life experiences - if people think they can have one - may be none of our business at all. Those other life experiences may be experienced by other "self" created by those higher forces. We are just temporary, disposal, instantiated and utilized for a limited time.

And I think those higher forces have many experiment and plan on creating many many different "self" to experience different lives. Some are nice, some are extremely dark and cruel - like life of mine, and some other people of course. But all are temporary and recyclable. The things are probably extremely complex, complicated and intricate beyond our imagination and discussion. Anyway, holding an optimistic view and expectation when we know nothing about the purpose of which "they" invent and arrange the reincarnation system, is in all ways seen as not wise.

I also emphasize: our memories are very very important to "what we are" and "the essence and existence of our self".
Erasing our memories can be totally equal to let our "self" disappear. Whatever the memories-erased consciousness will experience in its so-called next life, probably belongs to some other "self", and is none of our business. We just disappear and return to the oblivion.

Hi tarantulanebula,

First, I think it is a mistake for anyone to come here hoping to prove that they will live on in something like heaven. This is such a big extension of science (which however is incomplete as it stands) that it will be centurues before anyone can prove anything.
I'm very very interested in reincarnation. If reincarnation is the truth, all the answers of the questions that I want within my humble and lousy life can have their own place somewhere. And I can have a hope to give my hellish suffering explanations.
Good, because I think there is increasing evidence foe reincarnation. However, I hope your life is not as bad as all that - perhaps it is your mental angst about this issue that is spoiling your life?
But, I don't see any way, and chance that our "self" can pass from one incarnation to a next one.
Well you won't find it in a standard science textbook, but the problem is that science can't really explain consciousness at all - so whether it can be transferred between incarnations is kind of a non-question with science as it is. Something like asking people 200 years ago, if they could imagine internet forums, or little machines that would guide you in strange towns by speaking directions to you.
I particularly don't believe that there is a way to prove that our "self" can continue being existent from one incarnation to another.
Again you want a proof. Suppose for example that you were kidnapped and your kidnappers offered you a short phone call to your wife to let her know you were safe, and how much the ransom would be! Could you persuade here - I'll bet you could - and even if you only had a Skype link with no video or sound, I'll bet you could manage it by keyboard. Proof to something like that standard is available in the best cases of reincarnation.
That is to say, I'm afraid that even if people can "remember" their so-called "past life memories", those memories may be directly injected into their current "self", not have been actually experienced by their "self" when they were in "a previous life". We never experience a previous life or a next life, we only experience this current life of us and we will disappear when we die.

Some higher, powerful, determinant forces or existence can create our "self" just for collecting the experience information, and then upload our memories somewhere, and then discard and destroy our "self", and then create new ones to experience other incarnations.
Yes but all science depends on Occam's Razor. Every explanation can be replaced by arbitrarily more complex theories ad infinitum! The explanations you fear, all seem much more complex than the obvious ones!
The past life memories and the next life experiences - if people think they can have one - may be none of our business at all. Those other life experiences may be experienced by other "self" created by those higher forces. We are just temporary, disposal, instantiated and utilised for a limited time.

And I think those higher forces have many experiment and plan on creating many many different "self" to experience different lives. Some are nice, some are extremely dark and cruel - like life of mine, and some other people of course. But all are temporary and recyclable. The things are probably extremely complex, complicated and intricate beyond our imagination and discussion. Anyway, holding an optimistic view and expectation when we know nothing about the purpose of which "they" invent and arrange the reincarnation system, is in all ways seen as not wise.
I think it is much better to listen to what the evidence says, rather than invent a much more complex theory - which would still be paranormal!
I also emphasize: our memories are very very important to "what we are" and "the essence and existence of our self".
Erasing our memories can be totally equal to let our "self" disappear. Whatever the memories-erased consciousness will experience in its so-called next life, probably belongs to some other "self", and is none of our business. We just disappear and return to the oblivion.
Well the concept is that there is part of us that never forgets, so that life after life does build up to something more.

Don't fret so much, try to enjoy your life as much as is possible, and then see what happens!

David

Last edited:
I want to further explain one thing:
Although "our memories" != "our self aware", our memories are very very essential to "what we basically are" and "the existence of our self".

There was a day I posted in this forum, expressing that I dread if my memories will be erased before the so-called "me" entering into the so-called next life, I will become a monster.

And I remember that one forum member asked me: "why you think that you will be made into a monster in the next reincarnation?"

I haven't answered this question because I didn't find out how to answer this question properly.

Now I want to say, "I dread I will become a monster in the next reincarnation" is only one example I conceived, trying to express this meaning:
If your memories are erased, and your personalities are obliterated, you will have no control over "what you basically are" and you will become anything that you don't want to be. Also, the lessons you learned from current life will all serve for vain, the mistakes you made in current life will all happen again, and the horrible consequences of all that you did wrong in this life, will continue occurring in your next reincarnation.

Erasing your memories = facing all random possibilities as to what you will be made into in your next reincarnation.
And this is extremely horrible - you have on control over what you will be in your next reincarnation - under this circumstance, I have the full brazenness to say that, becoming a monster is a fairly nice fortune option, a luck of at least mediocre to superior, there are plenty possibilities that we will become something much much worse than a thing which can be called "monster", things could be far far worse than any of us could ever imagined. Believe me or not.

Our memories in this current life, bright or dark, nice or sorrowful, are definitely a treasure of "what we call ourselves", without our memories in this life, I don't know whether we could still call us "ourselves", perhaps that would be none of our business to consider, because our "self" will have been tossed into some kind of extraterrestrial trash bin.

If you have all your memories in this life, you will not be sure that "you are yourself", on the opposite, if your memories have been erased, I'm afraid you will not be the same person holding those memories any more.
When we enter into that reincarnation mechanism again, and when our memories are erased, "acting another role in the next incarnation and still being ourselves", this is a horrible lie. I don't know why those higher, powerful, dominant, determinant forces need to cheat us, though.

Many experiences need to erase one's memories first. Only when having emptied the person's memories, the experience can then be properly experienced, collected, and uploaded.

One example is romantic love, only when the experiencing person is innocent, curious, thrill in front of what romantic love brings with, this person can then properly experience the beauty and anguish in a romantic relationship. There won't be any other way.

But, in another aspect, when all the memories have been completely erased, people will have no control over anything, they will make the same mistakes again and again, and bring nothing they have learned in the past reincarnation along with them, and tragic consequences will occur.

So, this brings a very mysterious question: we need to know what forces arrange and govern the reincarnation system, whether they create new "self" between different reincarnations, or reuse the previous one, what's their short-term and ultimate purpose, according to what criteria they arranged different fate for different person's different reincarnation.

I want to emphasize, the different fate can be startling drastically different beyond anything in this universe, life can be extremely beautiful, as well as extremely far worse than hell. So far as I know, heavenly life experiences are on our earthly physical world, hellish life experiences are on our earthly physical world, whereas the so-called "spiritual realm" claimed by many near death experiences seem like a drab, hollow, boring .... obsolete asylum created by the schizophrenic maniac's unimaginative or even unfunctional mind, which contains no information, no content, and nothing at all.

But, in another aspect, when all the memories have been completely erased, people will have no control over anything, they will make the same mistakes again and again, and bring nothing they have learned in the past reincarnation along with them, and tragic consequences will occur.
I understand what you are saying, it seems a fair point you are making.

But - if that view is correct, then reincarnation does not exist at all. The concept of reincarnation would only be a fictitious idea, having no practical consequences whatsoever. Perhaps it would be better for a while to look at things a little differently. Set that topic on one side (for a while - we can return to it later).

Let's imagine we have just one life hear on Earth and are experiencing everything for the first time. Are we thus obliged to make many mistakes as we encounter each new situation?

My answer is yes and no. I think we all make mistakes (though admitting to them, even to ourselves, seems a variable characteristic). But - in my own experience - we needn't always make mistakes. Sometimes we may, perhaps with some struggling and effort, do the right thing. This is not simply a matter of luck or good fortune or misfortune.

There are two points. One, we have the ability to choose. On its own that is almost like tossing a coin. But we also have access to wisdom. This allows us - some of the time - to both identify the right choice and to - if we have the strength, to carry through that choice.

So, this is the missing part of the picture? I mean what is the source of wisdom? For me it is something inside. Sometimes it is referred to as a conscience, a feeling of what is right. But there are more specific and detailed sources too. One is our dreams. Many times when I have been lost and uncertain, my dreams have guided me, have provided insights and knowledge that I did not have before. Another is a form of prayer. Asking for help, not just in a broad sense which is a bit to vague to be useful, but asking for answers , via prayer. It doesn't matter whether we have any religion or none, in times of trouble I think everyone may seek guidance. The harder part is in listening for the answers. Sometimes we are not listening. Other times the answer is heard but it isn't the one we wanted to hear and so we use our will to go in some other direction.

At least this is my experience. I can't speak for anyone else. But I have learned to trust the guidance that I find, quietly, within. It has been a help to me.

Having said that, these days I give thanks too. It would be rather one sided to only use prayer to ask, to demand. So I also give thanks, sometimes addressed to the people who have helped me, other times in a broader sense, to the unseen.

One thing makes me doubt the "self" in the claimed "past life memories", is not the same "self" who tells us his/her stories of his/her reminiscence of past life. That is, if it is the same "self" who pass through the previous life's death and into living this new current life, this person should have the full knowledge to immediately understand that he/she has reincarnated into another life.

However, let us see, how those children who claimed they remembered past life memories reacted? They are confused, shouted out loudly something like: "My current parents are not my true parents!", "I used to be someone else and I was not a child!".

This phenomenon makes me think, that those children's "self" never really experienced their claimed "past life" at all, so they don't understand many crucial things. If they really experienced a past life and had been an adult within that life, they must have had sufficient knowledge to understand what has happened to them regarding this seemingly obvious reincarnation case. They will not shout out something like: "My current parents are not my true parent!", "Where are my true parents? They must having been trying to find me and worrying about me!", "I used to be an adult and doing an actor career! Where is my job!". Shouting these out seems silly if they are the same person in their claimed previous life.

These weird things make me think, that those someone else's memories are not actually experienced by those children, they are falsely and directly injected into those children's memories, by some extraterrestrial forces for a reason unknown to us.

Let me say, if a sane person's "self" really continues being existence when he/she dies and enters into the next reincarnation, and he/she has both the previous life memories as well as current life memories so far, then what this person will do:
1, This person will immediately understand that reincarnation is true and has happened on him/her without erasing his/her previous life memories, for some unknown reasons. He/she won't shout out some completely meaningless sentences like: "Where are my true parents?!".
2, This person will have full knowledge as we sane adults should have. He/she will think, now he/she has reincarnated and still holds previous life memories, then it is possible that his/her beloved ones and acquaintances in his/her previous life also have reincarnated somewhere. Then this person will try to find them, of course, at the same time he won't waste time on shouting out completely meaningless question like: "My current parents are not my true parents! Where are my true parents?!".

Hey, my friends in this forum, whether what I said is reasonable or not, whether we should doubt the genuineness and the nature as those article authors think about reincarnation, is all up to you.

But, please think this whole case deeper, you will find the case is not as simple as it is first seen. I'm afraid there is some undesirable truth beneath these phenomenon. This world is full of lies and conspiracies. T_T

I understand what you are saying, it seems a fair point you are making.

But - if that view is correct, then reincarnation does not exist at all. The concept of reincarnation would only be a fictitious idea, having no practical consequences whatsoever. Perhaps it would be better for a while to look at things a little differently. Set that topic on one side (for a while - we can return to it later).

Let's imagine we have just one life hear on Earth and are experiencing everything for the first time. Are we thus obliged to make many mistakes as we encounter each new situation?

My answer is yes and no. I think we all make mistakes (though admitting to them, even to ourselves, seems a variable characteristic). But - in my own experience - we needn't always make mistakes. Sometimes we may, perhaps with some struggling and effort, do the right thing. This is not simply a matter of luck or good fortune or misfortune.

There are two points. One, we have the ability to choose. On its own that is almost like tossing a coin. But we also have access to wisdom. This allows us - some of the time - to both identify the right choice and to - if we have the strength, to carry through that choice.

So, this is the missing part of the picture? I mean what is the source of wisdom? For me it is something inside. Sometimes it is referred to as a conscience, a feeling of what is right. But there are more specific and detailed sources too. One is our dreams. Many times when I have been lost and uncertain, my dreams have guided me, have provided insights and knowledge that I did not have before. Another is a form of prayer. Asking for help, not just in a broad sense which is a bit to vague to be useful, but asking for answers , via prayer. It doesn't matter whether we have any religion or none, in times of trouble I think everyone may seek guidance. The harder part is in listening for the answers. Sometimes we are not listening. Other times the answer is heard but it isn't the one we wanted to hear and so we use our will to go in some other direction.

At least this is my experience. I can't speak for anyone else. But I have learned to trust the guidance that I find, quietly, within. It has been a help to me.

Having said that, these days I give thanks too. It would be rather one sided to only use prayer to ask, to demand. So I also give thanks, sometimes addressed to the people who have helped me, other times in a broader sense, to the unseen.

Some, or I have the full brazenness to say, many, tragedies are not caused by an evil purpose, rather, by good and kind people's stupidity and ignorance.

Why our memories are so important to us? Not only in the way as to its usefulness, but more importantly, in the way that our memories serve a very very important role to DEFINE WHO WE ARE!

If you say, as long as we hold a good heart, and a kind purpose to do everything, to face every unknown, to take every challenge, we won't do any mistakes and won't cause any tragedies per se, then I will say sorry I don't think so and laugh with a bitter mood.

In a lot of cases, the ignorance and stupidity are far worse than an evil purpose!

The consequences are not controllable, the tragedies are not avoidable, if you do not have any memories and knowledge about many things!
Easy for the optimists to say that we just play the role with empty memories and everything will be fine.

If the children who claimed they have past life memories are the same "self" as in their claimed past life memories, they will not act in the way we see.

They will try to find the acquaintances in their past life memories, visit the places they stayed when they were in their past life, and they will probably know everything we sane adults should know, like how to purchase a plane ticket to go to the places they stayed in their past life?

What did those children do? Insane activities, like keep shouting out meaningless questions like "My current parents are not my true parents!", "Why I'm a child now? Where is my children? I should have one son and two daughters and where are they?".

Doesn't anyone else except me feel strange? I'm afraid the phenomenon we see is not a testimony of reincarnation, but rather a testimony of that there are extraterrestrial forces injecting some other people's memories directly into some children's memory and causing these children abnormal in their mind and behaviours! T_T

Remember that these memories fade in a few years - a two year old isn't going to purchase a plane ticket (and anyway, the way we do that has changed massively over the years).

There are obviously an infinite number of interpretations you can put on data like this, and none of them is consistent with materialism.

Even if extraterrestrials are able to do what you describe, I can't imagine what their motivations might be!

As I keep on pointing out, if you throw out Occam's Razor as a guide, there are an infinite number of explanations for everything.

David

Remember that these memories fade in a few years - a two year old isn't going to purchase a plane ticket (and anyway, the way we do that has changed massively over the years).

There are obviously an infinite number of interpretations you can put on data like this, and none of them is consistent with materialism.

Even if extraterrestrials are able to do what you describe, I can't imagine what their motivations might be!

As I keep on pointing out, if you throw out Occam's Razor as a guide, there are an infinite number of explanations for everything.

David

The reason that here I abandon Occam's Razor principle, is that on this case, SIMPLE AND STRAIGHT FORWARD EXPLANATIONS HAVE SEVERE CONTRADICTION WITHIN THEMSELVES.

I can't say that I believe so many people tell this same lie, I don't see a conspiracy reason to make such a wide spread lie.
On the other hand, to say that those children's claimed past life memories indicate a strong evidence that our "self" continue being existent after we die and enter into another body and another life, is seen as an irresponsible talk and perfunctory nonsense conclusion.

I think for this weird, but definitely "there ought to be something back of it" phenomenon, truth must be extremely complicated beyond my, and our current all-strength imagination.

And I can smell the truth may not be nice when some of us could behold it if those arrangers grant such a privilege.

The reason that here I abandon Occam's Razor principle, is that on this case, SIMPLE AND STRAIGHT FORWARD EXPLANATIONS HAVE SEVERE CONTRADICTION WITHIN THEMSELVES.
Well I would say Occam's Razor is pretty much foundational to science and indeed to any project that seeks to explain reality.
I can't say that I believe so many people tell this same lie, I don't see a conspiracy reason to make such a wide spread lie.
On the other hand, to say that those children's claimed past life memories indicate a strong evidence that our "self" continue being existent after we die and enter into another body and another life, is seen as an irresponsible talk and perfunctory nonsense conclusion.
The evidence comes not just from what they say, but what they know. In the best cases, they describe a specific person and his family and lots of other details about his work etc.
I think for this weird, but definitely "there ought to be something back of it" phenomenon, truth must be extremely complicated beyond my, and our current all-strength imagination.

And I can smell the truth may not be nice when some of us could behold it if those arrangers grant such a privilege.
The trouble is when you get to that level, the explanation might not make sense even if we were told it.

David

Remember that these memories fade in a few years

If they could be the same person as the one in their claimed past life, they wouldn't allow their memories fade.
If the memories fading process is uncontrollable, then it seems like the whole affair is a mental illness and memories disorder.

- a two year old isn't going to purchase a plane ticket (and anyway, the way we do that has changed massively over the years).

If they could be the same person as the one in their claimed past life, as they said they remembered their past life memories - vividness - said by the author, these children should have as many knowledge as us sane adult, and they definitely should express a desire to purchase a plane ticket to visit the places they stayed in their past life, and they should be eager to find their acquaintances in their past life. The changes of airplane system during the years shouldn't be a hindrance to block their eagerness. A two year old child with all the mindset and knowledge and memories of a sane adult should be able to find a way to purchase a plane ticket, at any cost, to find their acquaintances in their past life, nothing more important than that, unless they are emotionless.

In fact, I found their claimed past life memories are scattered and abnormal, like as if those extraterrestrial forces didn't make a perfect memory injection, and did a perfunctory job. Those scattered and abnormal memories are definitely not like having been actually experienced by those children, as they seem to lack some correct understanding and the ability to recount some emotional logic for their claimed past life memories.

If the truth is really an extraterrestrial force's intervention and experiment, then they have used technology much much more advanced than our human. And their technology is still within the materialism science's frame, just more advanced and more complex than our understanding about materialism.

They have infinite amount of motivations, to name one that I can imagine, they are doing experiment on human beings for understanding our species and our biological data.

When things are as weird as these contradictory phenomenon, Occam's Razor doesn't apply as a reasonable principle, there must be complicated explanations as the truth behind the weird cases. And I can smell the truth won't be nice.

Well I would say Occam's Razor is pretty much foundational to science and indeed to any project that seeks to explain reality.

If after we apply Occam's Razor, there will be more, not less logic anomalies, then Occam's Razor is not loyal to truth under this case in discussion. More complicated conspiracy behind the phenomenon is a necessity to consider.

The evidence comes not just from what they say, but what they know. In the best cases, they describe a specific person and his family and lots of other details about his work etc.

These details can be easily injected by those extraterrestrial forces. If we forget the extraterrestrial forces explanation, false memories caused by other reasons are still sufficient to bring an explanation to those "details" and "vividness", honestly, I don't see how detailed or vivid those children's recounts are, rather, I see those children recounted incomplete, illogical content, something they seem have not experienced by themselves and so they don't understand many crucial subtle elements about those so-called memories, and also, obviously, their memories are weirdly scattered and discontinued. Normal and sane people do not remember things in that way.

The trouble is when you get to that level, the explanation might not make sense even if we were told it.

I do not demand more, just if those children show at least a bit eagerness to find their acquaintances in their claimed past life, I would feel their accounts are far more convincing.

Unfortunately, those children didn't show any eagerness, like, as if, they just take their claimed past life memories in a weird emotionless way.

I do not demand more, just if those children show at least a bit eagerness to find their acquaintances in their claimed past life, I would feel their accounts are far more convincing.

Unfortunately, those children didn't show any eagerness, like, as if, they just take their claimed past life memories in a weird emotionless way.
I don't understand the reasoning here.

I recall many, many acquaintance in this present life. (I'm not talking past life, but this life right here). People I went to school with, people I have worked with, and many friends and some relatives too.

But I don't put great efforts into seeking out these people. Why should I? The people who are meaningful to me at present are already within easy reach. As well as that, I meet new people, make new friends, Why hanker after the past? Even the best of times were what they were within their own era, their own time. It doesn't mean I devalue the people or the events of the past, simply there is today to be lived.

Also, I don't recognise your description of children recalling their past in a "weird emotionless way". It often appears in ways which are too emotional, a child may have vivid dreams, nightmares relating to the past. These are not emotionless, but full of emotion.

Actually, I fell into a trap there, that of going along with someone else's narrative, even when that narrative is contradicted by the facts. Let's remind ourselves that there are a number of cases where a child has actively sought out and indeed been reunited with, their past-life family. These cases tend to be found in India, in one, I think a child divided their time between staying with their current parents, and also living with the past-life family, who accepted the child - after some suitable period of questioning.

I don't know whether it is the same or another case, I remember a child in India describing manufacturing and/or selling a particular kind of incense, something which took place in the past life in another village. This place and past-life was found and visited.

And then there's the case of Jenny Cockell, if I recall correctly, an English lady who remembered her past life in Ireland. She was re-united with her past-life family, where she is now younger than her own children! Again, if I remember correctly, not everyone in the family was convinced at first, but some of the previous family did embrace her as the true return of the decreased parent. (Jenny is still alive and active on social media).

I don't understand the reasoning here.

I recall many, many acquaintance in this present life. (I'm not talking past life, but this life right here). People I went to school with, people I have worked with, and many friends and some relatives too.

But I don't put great efforts into seeking out these people. Why should I? The people who are meaningful to me at present are already within easy reach. As well as that, I meet new people, make new friends, Why hanker after the past? Even the best of times were what they were within their own era, their own time. It doesn't mean I devalue the people or the events of the past, simply there is today to be lived.

Also, I don't recognise your description of children recalling their past in a "weird emotionless way". It often appears in ways which are too emotional, a child may have vivid dreams, nightmares relating to the past. These are not emotionless, but full of emotion.

Dear Typoz, I will give you, a full reason, why under the situation that we are discussing, the people will tolerate no more than a second's waiting, to find the acquaintance in their past life.

Hey, listen, where our deceased beloved ones go, whether they disappeared or not, if not, where are they, these questions are extremely important to us, right? Don't tell me that you think they are not very important - as my habit to say - in a weird emotionless way.

OK, so these questions are extremely important. Then, next, do we know for certainty? Don't tell me that you've been sure with 100% certainty that they are all in the heaven already, and being very happy. No, no, no, no, let us say, you don't know, I don't know, and no one in this world has ever made either of us know, right?

So?
If those children could find their acquaintances in their past life, then many things about the greatest mysteries regarding life and death, where we go when we die, will emerge in front of us and we can be closer to fetch! Nothing in this world is more important than this!

More than that, if we could find our acquaintances in our past life, then we would be able to understand many anguish and tragedies within this current life of us, like why the one I love so much doesn't love me? Whey I was betrayed by someone? If we had different roles in some past lives, then we will find our relationship doesn't end in one life, and perhaps we did something wrong which results in our relationship in current life.

Can the acquaintances in your current life give you hint and answer to so many mysterious affairs? No, right?

That's the reason I said, why a sane person will take on his fastest shoes without waiting one second, to find any of his/her acquaintances in his/her past life immediately. Many most wanted mysteries will be closer within reach, just if he/she does this immediately!

I will feel totally strange why anyone doesn't think this in my way.

Actually, I fell into a trap there, that of going along with someone else's narrative, even when that narrative is contradicted by the facts. Let's remind ourselves that there are a number of cases where a child has actively sought out and indeed been reunited with, their past-life family. These cases tend to be found in India, in one, I think a child divided their time between staying with their current parents, and also living with the past-life family, who accepted the child - after some suitable period of questioning.

I don't know whether it is the same or another case, I remember a child in India describing manufacturing and/or selling a particular kind of incense, something which took place in the past life in another village. This place and past-life was found and visited.

If you talk about the case in India. I will say that please notice India is a very special country, in that it is still extremely superstitious in modern times.

What I say may not be polite, even if I don't mean to offend anyone, you will understand me that, when I need to "PUT THE TRUTH SEEKING IN FRONT OF ANYTHING ELSE", I will not pay too much attention to politeness, if politeness hinders my stating the undeniable truth.

I repeat with full brazenness - for stating the undeniable truth - India is a strange and special country, in that it is still extremely superstitious today, even if its science and technology have been decently developed.

Sure, many countries have superstitious people, irregardless of how this country has been developed in science, technology, national defense military, etcetera. In history not very far from today, USA has many cases of cult heresy which committed crimes and persecuted innocent people. People in some North European countries are enjoying lives with highest felicity indicators, but superstition and heresy can still be found there, and many cause hurt to people or even tragedies.

But I want to say, none of the countries I mentioned above, is like India, with the superstition radically embedded into every national in this country. If you ask me where on the earth is mostly influenced by superstition, I will say besides some islands in the uncharted ocean regions, that will definitely be India.

Many cases from India are probably lies painted by its nationals' radically embedded superstitious mindset, worthless, if any researcher wants to trust. Any such research for India cases, should be categorized into a theme of "scientific explanation for why superstition is still prevailing in India", rather than a serious theme of reincarnation.

And then there's the case of Jenny Cockell, if I recall correctly, an English lady who remembered her past life in Ireland. She was re-united with her past-life family, where she is now younger than her own children! Again, if I remember correctly, not everyone in the family was convinced at first, but some of the previous family did embrace her as the true return of the decreased parent. (Jenny is still alive and active on social media).

After they were united, and have lived together for a time, was there anyone who reviewed them? Like asking questions:
Whether Jenny Cockell ever shew strange behavior which made any of the other family members doubt, that this Jenny Cockell could possibly be not their relatives, just another person in many way resembling?
Of course, under the principle that the reviewer shouldn't hurt emotions of anyone of them, the reviewer needs to find a finesse to glean all the details during their getting along with each other after they were united, then the reviewer will probably find many startling facts, and feel chill on his/her back. Having gleaned sufficient amount of detailed information, we will see who lied, for what reason, and we will know the truth are not as simple as many people wish it to be.

One thing puzzled me for a long long time:

I don't understand why so many people DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TRUTH.

If they really cared about the truth, they would have done:
1, Make no quick conclusion until they have gleaned sufficient amount of information. Before they have found sufficient amount of information, they should doubt everything to be fraud and conspiracy. I emphasize: AMOUNT OF INFORMATION, like I have expressed this meaning in many many places for many many times. Only large amount of information can bring us evidence and truth.
2, Seek for information, ask questions, find the people who may know something, and interact with them, asking questions.

Hey, friends, you please have a look, you please think carefully, and then you will find, weirdly:
1, Many near death experiencers don't like to interact with the consciousness they encountered in their experiences. They made quick, irresponsible, perfunctory indifferent conclusions. For example, they met a figure and immediately recognized it as Jesus. Are they insane? How they know that is Jesus? Have they seen Jesus before? Where? In the classic artist paintings of historical legacy? Have they received sufficient amount of information to verify that was really Jesus? How to define a Jesus? What a Jesus should look like? If they say, they do not recognized Jesus by his appearances, rather by his "some inner spiritual traits", then where is the information about that "some inner spiritual traits"? You say something, I know it's hard to say those experiences by using human languages, but you shouldn't say nothing then claim everything! And it is extremely weird that you didn't even try to ask the so-called Jesus any questions when you encountered him in your near death experience!
2, The children who is said to remember past life memories, seem have no interest to dig more information about their previous life. Why? If they really cared about that, why wouldn't they try to find their acquaintances in their previous life? Why they don't care about the real truth behind their past life memories and the truth about reincarnation? If they tried to find their acquaintances inf their previous life, and tried to do as much interactions with them as possible, ask questions, listen to their replies, share information, then they would know more things they cared about, they cherished, and all of us human should care about, should cherish. Like whether the deceased people stay in the realm between reincarnations? What that place is like? By erasing our memories before entering the new reincarnation, whether we will still be "ourselves"? Who is controlling and governing this reincarnation mechanism which involve all us human beings? For what purpose? Malicious or benevolence or neutral or not relevant to our wellness or behalf? There are infinite questions a sane person should care about and should ask, why they seem so emotionless, indifferent about seeking for truth, meeting the crucial people, asking questions?

Why? T_T

I tend to believe, these things have an explanation, and all the questions in my humble and lousy life, have answers.

It is actually totally possible that there is no explanation and no answer, but I feel the likelihood of there is an explanation and answers is high.

I have full brazenness and carry all my impoliteness to say, all the cases which have anything to do with India culture and India nationals, are hoaxes. So I ignore any case regarding India, it would be totally waste of time.

What puzzles me is: put aside India cases, many of the other cases seem not like simple purely hoaxes.

A hoax doesn't need an explanation, people can just create hoax completely because of drab, boring and hollow stupidity. But a NOT HOAX does need an explanation and a reason.

There are probably explanations and reasons behind the phenomenon in which children are said to have past life memories, and the explanations and reasons could be more complex than that those children had been influenced by some electric magnetic field or shock wave so that their mind had been insane and their memories had been messed up.

Then, we need to find the truth, the true honest explanations and reasons, and for me also the answers to the questions in my humble and lousy life. This is very important to us, everyone of us.

But I've found many people don't care. If they really cared about the truth, why they never asked sufficient questions when they were able to? Like I said, as they claimed they met someone in their near death experiences, why they never asked them questions? And without even shallow interaction, those near death experiencers, past life rememberers, make conclusions with confident certainty and make "big claims" very quickly, proudly, insanely, in a weird manner of emotionless, careless, indifferent, perfunctory, and irresponsible.

Why? There is likely to be an explanation, but I smell the explanation will neither be simple, nor sweet. T_T
The truth is likely to be dark and bitter. T_T

Back