As A Self Identified ' Skeptic ' or ' Proponent ', How Do You Feel About Gun Control?

Do you believe in tighter gun control?

• As a proponent, I believe current gun laws are good enough

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • As a skeptic, I believe current gun laws are good enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As a proponent, I believe current gun laws are too strict

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • As a skeptic, I believe current gun laws are too strict

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • As a proponent, I believe current gun laws are too relaxed

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • As a skeptic, I believe current gun laws are too relaxed

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Well, I no more of an explanation than "gun owners are felons over-night" to understand what Iyace is saying. For example, under what circumstances?
Also, I run a tactical firearms shop, so I know the gun related laws extremely well. Do you know that I can have my license to sell guns stripped ( thus my job ), and I could be prosecuted criminally if a customer writes LA instead of Los Angeles? If they misread " county " on the 4473 form and write their " country " in, I could both lose my job and face heavy fines or jail time if I don't catch it. This is for any one of the thousands of forms filled out a year that has a mistake. And when the ATF does their audit, they look through every single one.

Thanks for clarifying. Are there any individual cases you can point me to?

Joe Mendez is one of them. Had his guns stripped from him at the end of a barrel of an M16. All legal and registered weapons.

EDIT: Start at 10:00 talking about pre-ban weapons

Last edited:
A follow-up to how this happened:

It was advertised as only affecting those who had felony records, mental health problems and domestic restraining orders that make allowing them to have guns unwise. Since then, the state has pumped an additional $24 million into the program, and the list has quickly expanded to include people who are delinquent in paying taxes, who owe toll duties or who have committed a variety of misdemeanors.

Bear in mind that the ATF form and DROS paperwork is segmented by race as well.

What further regulations do you believe we should have?
Hmm..I'm not quite sure. I'm not against being able to own a gun or use them at a range, which I have done once and had a good time. It's just the ubiquity of guns in America makes me nervous. I recall watching a video of a couple of guys walking down the street with assault rifles and shotguns just because it was in their right to do so (I forget which state this was in). Now I don't know about you, but If I see some random guys walking around with guns out in the open, it would seriously affect my calm.

Hmm..I'm not quite sure. I'm not against being able to own a gun or use them at a range, which I have done once and had a good time. It's just the ubiquity of guns in America makes me nervous. I recall watching a video of a couple of guys walking down the street with assault rifles and shotguns just because it was in their right to do so (I forget which state this was in). Now I don't know about you, but If I see some random guys walking around with guns out in the open, it would seriously affect my calm.
Assault rifles are illegal in America, which brings up a very good point. In many instances, anti-gun legislation is presented by people who have no clue about guns. Check it out:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ned-of-30-caliber-clip-in-embarrassing-video/
Don't you believe it should be up to guys like me, who know what weapons can do and have a reasonable cause for concern, to be informing officials what is and what is not dangerous?

However, don't let one dude's stupidity force you to support laws that would otherwise destroy my way of life. I feel that's the me-to-you part that I'm trying to present with the eye-for-and-eye thread that we've all participated in. That is, don't deride forum skeptics because some extremist skeptical society likes staging protests. In a similar fashion, don't deride proponents because some physicics are frauds. Likewise, don't deride gun owners because some of us are stupid as shit.

Last edited:
I don't know what they were then, I'm no expert, but they looked smaller and yet meaner than an average hunting rifle. Still randoms guys with guns.
They were semi-automatic AR15s. They look like military style rifles, because they're carbines, but they function the same as an ' old looking ' hunting rifle. The difference is almost purely cosmetic, but I agree with you that they shouldn't be doing that.

Yeah, who gives a shit what the agnostics think. They can't make up their minds anyway. :)

Cheers,
Bill

Heheheheh.

Not to kill the joke but in all seriousness I just finished a paper Max_B linked & apparently questions make reality, at least according to Wheeler. (Levy's "Physics of Dreaming" interpretation here.)

So be thankful to curious agnostics, we might literally help make the world via our incessant questioning. <<insert appropriate smiley>>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in favor of the right to own a t-shirt launcher.

This kind of stupidity is why people don't trust government.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...le-crocs-tshirt-launcher-20160205-gmmxbl.html
What a croc: Queensland Police seize Townsville Crocs t-shirt launcher
The National Basketball League team was this week forced to surrender its homemade t-shirt cannon to police, after it was deemed a category B weapon.

Last edited:
Back