Barry Taff article about precognition

Dr. Barry Taff has written an interesting article about precognition that includes some of his own precognitive dream experiences:

http://barrytaff.net/2015/02/precognition-the-shape-of-things-to-come/

What if a terrible truth awaits us at the end of the paranormal research road? What if what we learn forever alters our current perspective on birth, life and death, as well as the belief in free will versus determinism? The most important questions pondered by the human condition are; Who are we? Where did we come from, and where are we going? Are we totally free to venture forth in any direction we choose, or are their subtle, yet powerful forces at work that unconsciously guide us through time and space to a fixed future reality? Are we all but performers in a massive, cosmic play that we live in, or do we write the script every day when we set forth on our life’s trek? A line from The Time Machine (MGM, 1960) uttered by the late Rod Taylor playing H.G. Wells, speaks quite eloquently on this matter; “Can man control his destiny, can he change the shape of things to come?”

What you’re about to read are some stories excerpted from my book, Aliens Above, Ghosts Below: Explorations of the Unknown, that discuss intriguing instances of precognition that are certainly interpretable by each person who reads them, but as a whole, they suggest that the reality we live in is far stranger and more complex than we ever imagined.

Doug

That's an interesting article, both for the things it describes as well as the questions it raises.

From my own point of view, I suspect that our lives have a rough outline or map, but it is up to us to fill in the details according to our free will. This plan is by no means fixed for our entire lifetime, it shifts and changes in response to both our and other people's actions.

There was at one stage of my life a time when I had multiple precognitive dreams regarding some future events in my life. However, this foreknowledge led me to act unnaturally, in ways which I thought would facilitate the materialisation of the expectation. It turned into a complete mess. After a while my dreams became more subtle, they hinted more vaguely - 'the details must remain hidden from sight, in order that you simply act naturally and let things unfold in their own way'.

It might seem that having some sort of plan gets in the way of free will. My view is that it is a little bit like the score for a piece of jazz music - there is a rough outline, but the musician may play the piece differently each time, one day playing slowly and with melancholy, another with vivacity and joyfulness. The nature of jazz music is that it is a kind of structure which enables these things to be expressed. Without an outline, it would be hard to play anything at all, particularly in an ensemble where multiple performers play together, feeding off each other's ideas and together generating something which was unknown and unpredictable at the outset.