Birthmarks and Reincarnation

It's an interesting article. I've not read a lot about re-incarnation, but I do believe it's possible.....

Re-incarnation never really interested me until my daughter was born. She has never reported previous life memories. But her life parallels the life of my late grandmother in remarkable ways ... so much so that I sometimes wonder..... Others in the family have noticed the same thing...... There's no proof of course, but I do sometimes think "what if....."

Wow! What a great article! I never heard of experimental birthmarks before, what a fascinating idea, with real-world evidence!

Better put this on my Top Ten List... oh. Wait... right B[

Reincarnation isn't reincarnation. :) Linear time is part of the physical not of source consciousness. So different incarnations are happening concurrently. And yeah that includes those incarnations that in a linear time view - haven't happened yet.

The point as it relates to this thread is that incarnations can actively influence each other - to various degrees.

Reincarnation isn't reincarnation. :) Linear time is part of the physical not of source consciousness. So different incarnations are happening concurrently. And yeah that includes those incarnations that in a linear time view - haven't happened yet.

The point as it relates to this thread is that incarnations can actively influence each other - to various degrees.

Interestingly enough you see this [in] Hindu mythology. Different incarnations of Vishnu do interact. Similarly there's apparently a story of the Egyptian god Khonsu meeting with versions of himself from different moments in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly enough you see this Hindu mythology. Different incarnations of Vishnu do interact. Similarly there's apparently a story of the Egyptian god Khonsu meeting with versions of himself from different moments in time.

Meeting different time versions of yourself? That would be awesome! Course, not so much for the most future version, who's wondering where the guy five years down the road is, before it slowly dawns on him.

Maybe it's best I don't meet my different time selves.

Re-incarnation never really interested me until my daughter was born. She has never reported previous life memories. But her life parallels the life of my late grandmother in remarkable ways ... so much so that I sometimes wonder..... Others in the family have noticed the same thing...... There's no proof of course, but I do sometimes think "what if....."

I think I've met my paternal grandparents. I taught a boy several years ago who said some very spooky things to me, such as "Do you remember?" and "You owe me." [I didn't go to his funeral-I was 9.] He was a train engineer, and this boy was crazy about trains-his favorite show was Thomas the Tank Engine. I recalled that I had my grandfather's old train set and brought in the big old diesel engine and showed it to him. Let me tell you-he was absolutely rapturous as he played with it.

I then met my middle niece when she was 7 months old-and there has always been a definite feeling of familiarity with her, and a definite bond, going both ways. She made a pinky promise with me, out of the blue, last summer.

The kicker? My grandmother's name was Margaret. My niece's is Daisy. Margaret comes from the French word Marguerite, which means Daisy. And last month during an idle moment I checked out the cast of Thomas the Tank Engine. It has a female train. Her name? Yep, Daisy.

I think I've met my paternal grandparents.....

Yeah, these kinds of things are interesting. There's no real proof... but some of the things the parallels I've seen between my Paternal grandmother and my daughter defy "chance". Others in the family have seen the parallels as well, especially my father. Of course Dad knew Grandma better than the rest of us, so sometimes he sees things the rest of us miss...

Not only does she look like Grandma... not only is her personality like Grandma's .... (I could write those things of to inheritance). It's when events continue to happen in her life that parallel Grandma's life. ... events that we had no way of controlling or manipulating ....

Like I said, it just makes me wonder... "what if .... " ..

I meant to add one more thing.

I have a picture of my grandparents from years ago-Halloween night in fact, when I was 5. I am sitting between them, and my grandmother has my hand in hers.

My (birth) mother (yes I'm adopted) sent me a pic of Daisy a couple of years ago.

The posture of both of them is identical-the angles of both of the arms, their body position, everything. The smiles are the same, too, as in kind of non-sincere looking. When my niece smiles for real, she lights up the room, but here it's more of a grimace. As is the smile of my grandmother.

Wild coincidences which may or may not mean anything, but there they are, anyway...

Hello. I've been listening to the show for years and finally come around to register on these forums to post "my story". I wrote a comment to the Jim Tucker interview a few months back and maybe one or less people might know me as "Polterwurst" from the Paracast forums.
Anyway, here goes. How I came to consider that Reincarnation research could be more than wishful thinking.

As a kid, more than 30 years ago, I watched a documentary about a case of alleged reincarnation here in Germany. A little boy with a strange birthmark on his neck was uttering cries in his dreams that sounded like a foreign language. A psychologist made a tape of this and sent it to a language expert who thought it was Thai. The boy then began to talk about what seemed to have been a former life, ended by a brutal murder (a knife to the neck). Eventually, his family went to Thailand, where they (allegedly) found the boy's former family members.

A sceptic even at that age (I must have been around 10), and not knowing anything about the work of Prof. Ian Stevenson, I thought that was all wishful thinking, because if something like that really occured, there should be a lot more babies with strange, woundlike birthmarks.

Fast forward approx. 10 years. Accidentally, I step into a room where a mother is changing the diapers of an infant and I notice a big red birthmark (not an injury or something) on his chest, under the left ribcage, looking very much like blood seeping from a wound. I'm kind of astonished but I'm told that the doctors had said these birthmarks would occur more often than one would think and that they tend to become less prominent over the years (during a garden pool party I found out that that's true, the boy in question is now over 20 years old and the mark now looks like a straight white line or a scar, although, as I said, it hadn't been caused by an injury).

Of course, that didn't make me reconsider my opinion. I'm not a religious person and until recently I tended not to think about subjects like what happens after death. For me, it was quite obvious, that all theories about that, again, were nothing but wishful thinking.

But as soon as this boy could speak, he would make some very strange remarks and show some unusual behavior (like calling his mother by her first name and at times stating that she was not even his real mother), eventually telling me (when he was about six years old) that he had been murdered in what he called his former life.

That got my attention. But unfortunately, I couldn't find out much. His family has decided to keep all this under wraps and not to stir things any further, I guess for fear of being ridiculed. Even showing an interest in strange phenomena can seriously endanger your social status where I live, so that was that.

So now I started looking into reincarnation and soon I found the work of the late Prof. Ian Stevenson, which I find just remarkable and not at all esoteric (although on the library bookshelves here you will find his books with the usual psychedelic covers in the esoterics department). I read of the 2000 + cases he investigated, mostly in Asia, but many also in America and Europe. Some cases involve the soon-to-be mother having a dream in which a dead relative seems to announce his rebirth in her child. Which at that point I found rather unconvincing.

A few years ago, a very dear sister-in-law died of cancer at the age of 47. I had known her before she had become family and I had always felt a little more for her than is usual among relatives. I won't go into details, but we always were kind of close. Shortly after her burial, my sister, who was a few weeks pregnant (and with whom I had stood before the grave that day), told me of a dream she had had of the deceased. She could not remember any details, but she had woken up with a feeling like "wouldn't it be cool if she reincarnated in my daughter?"

Now, I had never told my sister about my interest in the subject, she had never felt an interest in that either and she knew nothing of the earlier case I had stumbled upon (as I said, the boy's family kept it a secret and I sure didn't tell anybody back then) or about my feelings regarding my sister-in-law (that was obviously a well-guarded secret too).

I decided to still say nothing, but as you can imagine, I watched the kid from the first day on (it was indeed a girl). Which was kind of difficult because my sister lives an hour's drive away. EDIT: I did make it a point not to let her sense that I was somehow expecting her to do or say anything unusual, just in case you wondered. I talked to her and acted just as I would have with any other kid.

Okay, to make a long story short, the girl soon showed an unusual affection with me (whereas she was utterly shy with others). Often, since she started to talk, she will whisper like we have a secret. And then, one day when she wasn't more than three years old, she looks at me as if she wants to say "Now pay close attention, this is important". And she comes up to me and whispers "I am forever here".

At that point I'm thinking, well, that's probably her lining up words, learning to talk. So I ask "What do you mean, here? Here at our place?"

And she shakes her head, frowning like she wants to say "Man, don't you get it". Gets a little closer and puts her hand on my chest "Here," she says, "here with you."

There were other, even more baffling "statements" by both children, but most of them even more personal and embarrassing, so I can't really write them down here.

EDIT: I don't expect anyone to believe a word I'm saying. Heck, if anyone had told me that story a decade or so ago, I myself would have thought, "of course, he's misinterpreting or over-interpreting perfectly explainable remarks and behaviours of kids, who have no idea what they're talking about and just throwing words around." But the thing is, in both cases, the kids seemed to be unusually aware of things concerning life and death. They absolutely did seem to have an idea, what they were talking about.

I guess you really have to experience something like that yourself to begin to believe it. I know that in my case, it was against everything I have learned (in a western materialistic upbringing) about the brain generating consciousness and the world not being a paranormal place in general.

After years of thinking, I decided that I would feel more self-deluded or like a kook, as the debunkers would have it, if I went on denying the direction in which the evidence is pointing, than if I started to accept it. It's not always been easy to talk about it, some people who I had hoped would know better, have written me off as a kook, but I guess it comes with the territory.

And I'm still not religious, just a bit more spiritual, I guess.

Last edited:
Hello. II've been listening to the show for years and finally come around to register on these forums to post "my story". I wrote a comment to the Jim Tucker interview a few months back and maybe one or less people that know me as "Polterwurst" from the Paracast forums.
Anyway, here goes. How I came to consider that Reincarnation research could be more than wishful thinking.

As a kid, more than 30 years ago, I watched a documentary about a case of alleged reincarnation here in Germany. A little boy with a strange birthmark on his neck was uttering cries in his dreams that sounded like a foreign language. A psychologist made a tape of this and sent it to a language expert who thought it was Thai. The boy then began to talk about what seemed to have been a former life, ended by a brutal murder (a knife to the neck). Eventually, his family went to Thailand, where they (allegedly) found the boy's former family members.

A sceptic even at that age (I must have been around 10), and not knowing anything about the work of Prof. Ian Stevenson, I thought that was all wishful thinking, because if something like that really occured, there should be a lot more babies with strange, woundlike birthmarks.

Fast forward approx. 10 years. Accidentally, I step into a room where a mother is changing the diapers of an infant and I notice a big red birthmark (not an injury or something) on his chest, under the left ribcage, looking very much like blood seeping from a wound. I'm kind of astonished but I'm told that the doctors had said these birthmarks would occur more often than one would think and that they tend to become less prominent over the years (during a garden pool party I found out that that's true, the boy in question is now over 20 years old and the mark now looks like a straight white line or a scar, although, as I said, it hadn't been caused by an injury).

Of course, that didn't make me reconsider my opinion. I'm not a religious person and until recently I tended not to think about subjects like what happens after death. For me, it was quite obvious, that all theories about that, again, were nothing but wishful thinking.

But as soon as this boy could speak, he would make some very strange remarks and show some unusual behavior (like calling his mother by her first name and at times stating that she was not even his real mother), eventually telling me (when he was about six years old) that he had been murdered in what he called his former life.

That got my attention. But unfortunately, I couldn't find out much. His family has decided to keep all this under wraps and not to stir things any further, I guess for fear of being ridiculed. Even showing an interest in strange phenomena can seriously endanger your social status where I live, so that was that.

So now I started looking into reincarnation and soon I found the work of the late Prof. Ian Stevenson, which I find just remarkable and not at all esoteric (although on the library bookshelves here you will find his books with the usual psychedelic covers in the esoterics department). I read of the 2000 + cases he investigated, mostly in Asia, but many also in America and Europe. Some cases involve the soon-to-be mother having a dream in which a dead relative seems to announce his rebirth in her child. Which at that point I found rather unconvincing.

A few years ago, a very dear sister-in-law died of cancer at the age of 47. I had known her before she had become family and I had always felt a little more for her than is usual among relatives. I won't go into details, but we always were kind of close. Shortly after her burial, my sister, who was a few weeks pregnant (and with whom I had stood before the grave that day), told me of a dream she had had of the deceased. She could not remember any details, but she had woken up with a feeling like "wouldn't it be cool if she reincarnated in my daughter?"

Now, I had never told my sister about my interest in the subject, she had never felt an interest in that either and she knew nothing of the earlier case I had stumbled upon (as I said, the boy's family kept it a secret and I sure didn't tell anybody back then) or about my feelings regarding my sister-in-law (that was obviously a well-guarded secret too).

I decided to still say nothing, but as you can imagine, I watched the kid from the first day on (it was indeed a girl). Which was kind of difficult because my sister lives an hour's drive away. EDIT: I did make it a point not to let her sense that I was somehow expecting her to do or say anything unusual, just in case you wondered. I talked to her and acted just as I would have with any other kid.

Okay, to make a long story short, the girl soon showed an unusual affection with me (whereas she was utterly shy with others). Often, since she started to talk, she will whisper like we have a secret. And then, one day when she wasn't more than three years old, she looks at me as if she wants to say "Now pay close attention, this is important". And she comes up to me and whispers "I am forever here".

At that point I'm thinking, well, that's probably her lining up words, learning to talk. So I ask "What do you mean, here? Here at our place?"

And she shakes her head, frowning like she wants to say "Man, don't you get it". Gets a little closer and puts her hand on my chest "Here," she says, "here with you."

There were other, even more baffling "statements" by both children, but most of them even more personal and embarrassing, so I can't really write them down here.

EDIT: I don't expect anyone to believe a word I'm saying. Heck, if anyone had told me that story a decade or so ago, I myself would have thought, "of course, he's misinterpreting or over-interpreting perfectly explainable remarks and behaviours of kids, who have no idea what they're talking about and just throwing words around." But the thing is, in both cases, the kids seemed to be unusually aware of things concerning life and death. They absolutely did seem to have an idea, what they were talking about.

I guess you really have to experience something like that yourself to begin to believe it. I know that in my case, it was against everything I have learned (in a western materialistic upbringing) about the brain generating consciousness and the world not being a paranormal place in general.

After years of thinking, I decided that I would feel more self-deluded or like a kook, as the debunkers would have it, if I went on denying the direction in which the evidence is pointing, than if I started to accept it. It's not always been easy to talk about it, some people who I had hoped would know better, have written me off as a kook, but I guess it comes with the territory.

And I'm still not religious, just a bit more spiritual, I guess.

That's actually a powerful story, thank you for sharing it. I don't know how it is outside the States, but here we're very aggressive on the line between children and adults, and because of that I would've been floored had a 3-year-old said something so affectionate and profound, wondering what exactly we gave up from being children, that we should become adults.

But I tell you what, personal experience is a helluva thing.

Reactions: DTK
Thanks, it absolutely was.
I don't know how it is outside the States, but here we're very aggressive on the line between children and adults, (...)".

It's the same here. And you're right, that's the reason her behaviour is so baffling. I'm not very good with kids, and I made it a point not to treat her like something special, reincarnationwise or anything. I actually had to keep her at an arm's length many times, because of that line. At the same time, she didn't seem to look for contact with anyone else, except for the mother.

As I said, I live an hour's drive away, so I don't see my sister's family too often, I guess it's like once a month. A typical visit would go like this: in the beginning, when I've just arrived, she would be quite reserved, hardly looking up from what she's doing.

Then, while she should actually be totally distracted by what she's playing, she gets a deep and totally unchild-like frown, as if she is trying hard to remember something important. Suddenly, all the reservedness dissolves, the frown makes way for a great big smile and she comes running over to me, greeting me like a long lost friend and looking me right in the eye, like I've never seen a child behaving. Often when she does that, the look in her eyes and her gestures totally remind me of the deceased, and once she actually repeated the very same gestures the deceased had made when she had been sitting next to me during a family meeting only months before she died. I'm getting the chills just remembering that. Took me a while before I could speak again.

She's now six years old, though, and the strange behaviour has subsided. I guess it's what Stevenson described, that from a certain age on these past life memories become less important and eventually forgotten.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean. It's the same with my niece-she is very very grounded for such a young child, a quality she definitely shares with my grandmother.

I decided to upload the two pictures in question. Feel free to judge for yourself:

oss7k8.jpg

2nqtlk1.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. It's the same with my niece-she is very very grounded for such a young child, a quality she definitely shares with my grandmother.

I decided to upload the two pictures in question. Feel free to judge for yourself:

oss7k8.jpg

2nqtlk1.jpg

<:,)

Back