Birthmarks and Reincarnation

Well, they look very much alike, even the posture seems to be the same. But to be honest, I'm afraid physical similarity can too easily be explained away by the debunkers using genetics. But then, of course, each taken for themselves, most if not all of the "items of evidence" I think I've got from "my cases" could be easily explained away, too. It's more like the sheer amount of evidence that makes me quite certain there's more to it.

Did you show pictures of your grandmother to your niece? Any reactions?

I have a picture of my sister-in-law, but I actually didn't have the guts to show it to my niece. Mostly because I didn't want the parents to get upset, but, I have to admit, also because I'm afraid of her reaction, whatever it would be.

As for physical similarity, there wasn't much of it when the girl was very little. My sister-in-law was very slim and dark-haired and the child was kind of heavy-set and fair-haired. What was very similar, though, was a distinct melancholy look around her eyes. A high-pitched, but quiet and soft-spoken voice and fine manners also seemed very similar. And over the years, she lost a lot of the heavy-set look, so I guess the physical similarity has increased. But I'd still say that it can't be counted as proof for reincarnation, because physical things in general are likely ruled by the more materialistic side of nature (which is unfortunately still widely regarded as the only one).

There could be fields like Rupert Sheldrake hypothesizes them, of course, but I don't know if they would be "carried over" with consciousness. If they were, why is the physique not a 1:1 match? Of course, there are the birthmarks, sometimes even birth defects (missing fingers etc.), that unmistakenly point to the conclusion that physical things sometimes absolutely are "passed on" non-physically.

Last edited:
Well, they look very much alike, even the posture seems to be the same. But to be honest, I'm afraid physical similarity can too easily be explained away by the debunkers using genetics. But then, of course, each taken for themselves, most if not all of the "items of evidence" I think I've got from "my cases" could be easily explained away, too. It's more like the sheer amount of evidence that makes me quite certain there's more to it..

I'm with you ... with my daughter ... it's not that she resembles my Grandmother (physically and in personality) that makes me wonder. I've other children as well. They also share strong family resemblances with other family members. No... what makes me wonder about one particular daughter, as a reincarnation of my Grandmother, are life events that parallel my Grandmother's life. Sometimes to the point of being uncanny. When multiple life events parallel each other, than at a certain point you start ruling out chance.

Reactions: DTK
Thanks for the links.

You know, they should award him the nobel prize posthumously. One of the most important researchers of the 20th century, and most people (at least in my country) have never even heard of him...

Reactions: K9!
Unfortunately, even if his work was more mainstream, the nobel is not awarded posthumously to anybody unless (s)he was nominated before dying.

So they should change that statute for him. Wasn't his fault that they chose to ignore him.

LOL. I guess it's not awarded to later incarnations. Perhaps some time in the future they will have to write a new statute concerning exactly that.

...come to think of it, that could be an explanation for the general unwillingness to accept reincarnation as a fact. Think of the legal implications and all the paperwork. :D

There is no reincarnation! There are multiple simultaneous incarnations. Time is an artifact. A way of organization within physical frameworks.

There is no reincarnation! There are multiple simultaneous incarnations. Time is an artifact. A way of organization within physical frameworks.

Even if that is so (and I would not rule it out), we interpret from within linear time, and we evaluate the evidence from that context too. I don't see the point in asserting a conjecture - time is an artifact - as if it were a fact like Pythagoras' Theorem!

I don't see why reincarnations should not overlap, and it may be that these have not been noticed because the idea is too weird for most to conceive.

David

I am open to the idea of simultaneous incarnations. Since learning about retrocausality my concept about the so-called "arrow of time" has changed. I have wondered if the "past" is still there. If so, how could my present and past "selves" really be considered "dead"? They would be as concrete as my current self.

If so, how could my present and past "selves" really be considered "dead"? They would be as concrete as my current self.
Or your current self is as "non-concrete" as they are. :) So yes, they exist currently as fully and vitally as your current selves. As do future selves. However they are doing a version that differs from physically participating in 2015.

There is still the appearance of reincarnation.
??? Yes. That fact is implicit in what I stated. And, depending on what one intends to accomplish, it can be helpful to focus on it from that appearance viewpoint. What I offered is something to keep in mind. Just genuinely doing that does open things up within self.

It is perfectly valid to have the perspective that time is linear. One can also have the perspective of non-linear time. Both are valid choices of perspective, and both can be useful in different contexts. Similarly, one can have the perspective that all is One or the alternative perspective that reality is a multiplicity of abstractly bounded entities. Both are valid yet paradoxical perspectives and both are useful in different contexts. Just because I may at times entertain the contrarian and non-intuitive paradoxical perspective that all is One does not mean I'm going go around telling everyone that I'm God or shouting down everyone who claims an individual identity as having fallen for an illusion. I think you should likewise recognize the intuitive perspective of linear time as being a valid one. You are unjustifiably dogmatic about the non-linear perspective of time being the real truth while those who talk in linear terms are stuck in illusion. This dogmatism frequently comes across as condescension and turns some people off to your ideas because it appears that you feel superior for merely adopting a non-intuitive contrarian paradoxical concept that is difficult to contemplate while the rest of us idiots continue to talk about things in linear progressions. You know those visual illusions where most people see the figure spinning right while a few people see it spinning left? It's as if you're in the minority who see it spinning left and you tell everyone that left is the real truth and those who see it spinning right have not advanced to the same level as you.

Reactions: K9!
Back