Mod+ Calling Earth

This is a link to a documentary on EVP phenomenon.

CALLING EARTH (2015 Version) • A documentary about communication with the deceased through modern electronic technology.

Produced, Directed and Edited by Dan Drasin.
Associate Producer, Tim Coleman
Music Courtesy of Mitchell Covington, James Crocker, Harold Moses,and John Rowcroft

FOREWORD • Because the conscious survival of physical death makes no sense in terms of our materialistic (essentially 19th-century) scientific paradigm, Western science is only now beginning to play catch-up in this arena. So please don't take this documentary as the final word. In another decade or two we may well look back on this type of research as primitive, but for now it's a start. Just try it on for size and see what you think, keeping in mind that a documentary film can only scratch the surface of any subject. We hope you enjoy it.

Camera: Dan Drasin and Tim Coleman • Special thanks to Leslie Kean and Jolyn O'Hare • Editorial Services: Tim Coleman and Boris Zubov • Interim Narration by Dan Drasin • Dedicated to the memory of Jane Kimbrough • © 2015 by Daniel Drasin • Produced for free, educational viewing only. Unlicensed materials are included under applicable Fair Use provisions.

Oh! I was playing this when you posted the link, Radin shared it yesterday. Most of the EVP is way too fuzzy for me to understand, except two or three. It gets good when they begin playing the recorded phone calls, although I have been wondering why there was "rustling" when the call went from his comrade to the cardinal, its weird if they were incorporeal. I still have more than an hour left.

Oh! I was playing this when you posted the link, Radin shared it yesterday. Most of the EVP is way too fuzzy for me to understand, except two or three. It gets good when they begin playing the recorded phone calls, although I have been wondering why there was "rustling" when the call went from his comrade to the cardinal, its weird if they were incorporeal. I still have more than an hour left.
I liked the part with TV images. You have lots of fun stuff left to see in the last hour. :)

Yeah, I must admit that when they brought in the man that could apparently predict where crop circles could appear my cynicism went off, especially when some of his photos included the classic disc-shaped UFOs, but the quick experiment where he photographed a black background and seemingly manifested a foreign image was intriguing. I still find the phone recordings the most interesting part, these were crystal clear and interactive, so pareidolia is out of the question, you are left with only two options, either they are real or they were hoaxed. It is a very nice documentary, simple and concise in its presentation, worth the time if you are willing to leave your preconceptions outside for a moment and follow the narrative where it goes.

I posted this docu on Skeptiko some time ago and there was a long discussion about it and Robbert van den Broeke who is a very complex case.
I happen to believe his stuff is real because I've been following his case for many years, have had a few conversations with him and know people on his team.
The phenomena's real but whether his sources are what he believes them to be is an open question or whether we are dealing with a Ted Serios type phenomena generated from his mind alone, I don't know.
You might have seen his latest crazy claim about octopus type aliens leaving some tentacles behind for him to have analysed!
I posted that here somewhere - octopus might find it on the Search button which never works for me!

In Broeke's case, I would me more inclined that if the phenomena is real it is likely some form of "psychic imprinting" of sorts. He was the odd man out in this documentary, since everybody else had some sort of control to verify their data, but he only "took" pictures.

I was fascinated by the phone calls and enjoyed the rest, but if I was going to cry "trickery" in any of the topics it would certainly be Broeke. I am also curious what is the current status of the man that used an old tube radio, are there recent investigations about that?

For those interested who might not have seen it, here is a documentary on the Scole experiment mentioned in the earlier video:

I am curious why this has received so little attention. I have seen it appear then and now in different places, but the big guns of psi research seem to shy away from it. Are there any published papers analyzing them? I have not read any of the medium literature and know about the Ganzfeld tests by reference, but even I can tell you that there is a big difference between using your legs to "levitate" a table and "recording" images in a new roll of film that is placed inside a locked box and held by a third party. I mean, how could they switch them? It would take more that simple misdirection.