Channeling Again

Typoz

Another time I raise this subject. It usually drops like a lead balloon.
Thing is, I find it fascinating. But then I think I'm on the fringe of this forum. I don't bother much with trying to prove stuff. Also, I don't rush to consider the choice - either this is completely true - or it is complete and utter nonsense, (or any other view, including those going in some other direction completely). I make no call, I leave it hanging there.

But still, I found this and a few related interviews highly entertaining, at least.

Last edited:
Hi Typoz,

Not sure why you say you're on the "fringe" of this forum.....I find your posts always interesting, intelligent, agreeable, thought-provoking etc. In view of that, and feeling we overlap in many ways in how we see the world and this kind of phenomena, I watched this video earlier this morning. Though I have to be honest, the title of the video was a bit off putting for my sensibilities :) But, I'm sure you're aware of that!

I don't really know what to make of it, to be honest. Not really sure what we're seeing here? I have to be honest, there was nothing in this video which suggested it was necessarily anything other than the lady just exercising her imagination? I'm NOT saying that's all it is, but just that I didn't notice anything to suggest otherwise? Am I missing something?!

Have you read the Seth stuff? I used to be EXTREMELY sceptical of channeling (back when I thought I was clever, and knew what's what and what's not...I think with age my brain/IQ's deteriorating, I haven't a clue about anything these days! Feels fantastic though, must be a side-effect of losing the old grey matter :) )

But, a few years ago finally got round to reading it - I was quite surprised and impressed by it, actually (content wise). Knowing what I do now, reading it I wondered just how Jane / Seth knew so much information which wasn't common knowledge at all back then. Also reading into the dynamic of Jane herself and how she felt about the channeling etc, all very interesting, definitely something going on there we haven't got a handle on I think?

Thanks Manjit for your comments and kind words

I watched this video earlier this morning. Though I have to be honest, the title of the video was a bit off putting for my sensibilities :) But, I'm sure you're aware of that!
Of course. I could have posted a video channelling of the Archangel Gabriel - but that might be just as off-putting. Honestly, I don't think it matters what I post, it will turn away someone, so I tend to select at random - but I did at least watch this myself and found it interesting. Maybe I've got a warped sense of humour because I don't take all this stuff with solemnity and seriousness, I like the irreverent though not dismissive approach.

Well, the reason why I suggested I'm on the fringe here is that I don't take any interest in the most active areas of the forum - politics, climate change, conspiracy theories, intelligent design ... there are many many posts which illustrate a great interest and enthusiasm by people for those areas - which leave me cold. And as a counterpoint, the topics which do interest me gain the odd one or two replies - and I don't mind whether the comments are positive or negative, but don't arouse any great response, topics just fizzle out.

One could argue that they fizzle out because I don't respond much myself, but my view is, I'm not here to sell anything, I'm not trying to promote or issue propaganda for anything, which is what it feels like if I post too much.

I don't really know what to make of it, to be honest. Not really sure what we're seeing here? I have to be honest, there was nothing in this video which suggested it was necessarily anything other than the lady just exercising her imagination? I'm NOT saying that's all it is, but just that I didn't notice anything to suggest otherwise? Am I missing something?!
I don't know either. I don't suggest we simply take this stuff at face value. But having considered a range of such material from a variety of practitioners, what I get is that somewhere mingled in with this, there is something which resonates with me, and almost reminds me of what I already know. An example, occasionally it might be said that this life is a theatre and we are all actors playing our parts - this is a view I've had for the last forty years, and these types of dialogues are one of the few places where I hear echoes of my own views being expressed by someone else.

So perhaps I'm feeling a kind of kinship in a way - though I'm not particularly psychic in the sense of being anything like a medium, but I guess I can relate to this stuff somehow instinctively.

One other thing I should add, which I why I find this area interesting. Sometimes something is said which is completely unexpected, and gives me a new outlook, a different way of considering things. In that case, it really doesn't matter whether what is said is 'divinely inspired' as it were, or merely the result of an over-active imagination. It's like art or music. We don't ask whether we can believe it, only whether we can connect or respond to it.

One other thing I should add, which I why I find this area interesting. Sometimes something is said which is completely unexpected, and gives me a new outlook, a different way of considering things. In that case, it really doesn't matter whether what is said is 'divinely inspired' as it were, or merely the result of an over-active imagination. It's like art or music. We don't ask whether we can believe it, only whether we can connect or respond to it.
I should add that this is a kind of barometer for me. There is more than one practitioner who has given out a whole range of material, some purported channelling, and others apparently knowledge from a higher source on various topics. But after a while I realised that after one has unravelled the convoluted wording, the end result is pages and pages of words which add up to only, "figure it out for yourself".

Even if there is some validity anywhere here, it is by no means a given, there is a lot of empty, padded -out stuff which has no actual content.

Hence the test for me is not one of 'truth' but whether there are any insights to be gained.

There is more than one practitioner who has given out a whole range of material, some purported channelling, and others apparently knowledge from a higher source on various topics. But after a while I realised that after one has unravelled the convoluted wording, the end result is pages and pages of words which add up to only, "figure it out for yourself".
Typoz, Does this remark relate to the Seth material, or is he/she in the category of giving you tantalising glimpses of human life as a theatre?

It is worth (re)reading a bit about automatic writing in IM. It is an extraordinary process in the way it is performed. It would obviously be rather easier to fake the oral variety.

David

Typoz, Does this remark relate to the Seth material, or is he/she in the category of giving you tantalising glimpses of human life as a theatre?

It is worth (re)reading a bit about automatic writing in IM. It is an extraordinary process in the way it is performed. It would obviously be rather easier to fake the oral variety.

David
Not really, it was more of a general comment, referring mostly to more recent material.

As for Seth, it was something I looked at a while ago, but for some reason, lost interest. I don't remember why, but I let that fade, it didn't move me.

Automatic writing - yes maybe I should research that - of course I'm aware of it, but it's not something I've dug very deep into.

I should though add that in this context I'm far less interested than most in whether something is faked. As I mentioned previously, I look on it more like art or music, it either resonates with me or it doesn't. The concepts and way of looking at things are different.

Last edited:
I like this.

Tuning In is a truly unique spiritual documentary, the result of 10 years of inquiry into the phenomenon of spirit channeling by Los Angeles filmmaker, David Thomas. Channeling is a practice dating back to antiquity wherein an individual, usually in a trance state, makes a psychic connection with a spirit being. The channeler is then able to act as a dimensional go-between in bringing other humans in contact with the entity, as well as interpreting messages from the entity.

For the very first time, six of North America's most prominent channelers are featured in the same film. Viewers gain a rare glimpse and insight into the phenomenon, as well as the information being received by these channelers. The entities coming through each have a strong and distinct personality and were interviewed at length by the filmmaker. The result is truly remarkable. The messages cross through space and time, and it appears the entities are speaking as one, delivering a clear and profound message of empowerment for humankind.

Last edited:
I might as well add this. I posted this video in a private conversation thread that was started a while back about channeling. I was responding to a message from another forum member who said he was reassured by the constancy of the message in major channelers. I added: I must say a lot of the material presented here I find myself in agreement with. It "feels right" to me, and it also fits well with other "extended consciousness" info I relate to most (Robert Schwartz' work with mediums and channels on soul plans and contracts, the metaphysically complex and enlightening NDEs of people like Nanci Danison and Natalie Sudman, etc.).

Of course. I could have posted a video channelling of the Archangel Gabriel - but that might be just as off-putting. Honestly, I don't think it matters what I post, it will turn away someone, so I tend to select at random - but I did at least watch this myself and found it interesting. Maybe I've got a warped sense of humour because I don't take all this stuff with solemnity and seriousness, I like the irreverent though not dismissive approach.

Thanks for your comments Typoz. I totally resonate with much of your perspectives & approach to this all.

I think the closer you get to a "topic fizzling out", is the closer to the/a/some "truth" you're getting, perhaps :)

.... I get is that somewhere mingled in with this, there is something which resonates with me, and almost reminds me of what I already know. An example, occasionally it might be said that this life is a theatre and we are all actors playing our parts - this is a view I've had for the last forty years, and these types of dialogues are one of the few places where I hear echoes of my own views being expressed by someone else.

Beautiful! I feel the same...what's the Greek word for it, anamnesis or some such?

Sometimes something is said which is completely unexpected, and gives me a new outlook, a different way of considering things

I'd be interested in hearing a specific example of this? But I'm quite a nosey fellow (both literally and figuratively!)

Cheers.

EDIT - PS, re the automatic writing thing, and a whole host of other subjects on this forum, I'll recommend again Anthony Peake's "Inner Daemon" book. I found it extremely interesting, informative & entertaining. People seem to be quite sceptical & criticial of Peake (not sure why to be honest, he's just sharing his open-minded opinions & findings, and says so), but it's a cheap book, and there may even be a legal free pdf on it online (I saw one once, seemed legit....I bought the book though!). Well worth a read imo, agree or disagree with his speculations!

Thanks for your comments Typoz. I totally resonate with much of your perspectives & approach to this all.
Another nutcase :)

I think the closer you get to a "topic fizzling out", is the closer to the/a/some "truth" you're getting, perhaps :)
Maybe, though there could be lots of other reasons.

Beautiful! I feel the same...what's the Greek word for it, anamnesis or some such?
Dunno - you may be right though it's not a word I use much.

Sometimes something is said which is completely unexpected, and gives me a new outlook, a different way of considering things
I'd be interested in hearing a specific example of this? But I'm quite a nosey fellow (both literally and figuratively!)
Ok, I'll look out for an example - the new outlook, not the nose.

EDIT - PS, re the automatic writing thing, and a whole host of other subjects on this forum, I'll recommend again Anthony Peake's "Inner Daemon" book. I found it extremely interesting, informative & entertaining. People seem to be quite sceptical & criticial of Peake (not sure why to be honest, he's just sharing his open-minded opinions & findings, and says so), but it's a cheap book, and there may even be a legal free pdf on it online (I saw one once, seemed legit....I bought the book though!). Well worth a read imo, agree or disagree with his speculations!

Thanks for the recommendation. I've nothing against Anthony Peake, though I've watched a few videos where he interviews someone and spends half the time giving his own views, which is not the reason I watched the video, so I'm used to 'tuning out' when he speaks.

Another nutcase :)

Hehe :D I think there's a fair few of us on this forum. Can you imagine having these discussions at work though? Deary me, I think it's sad that most people would straight away consider you a nutcase for even entertaining thoughts about these subjects :(

Dunno - you may be right though it's not a word I use much.

Really? I try and use it at least three times in the office before lunch.

PS I've just worked out how to use the multiple quotes in one post function right now...I may be slow, but I get there in the end :)

Cheers Typoz!

Dr. Peebles: The Spirit Who Speaks Through Multiple People [Videos]

Skeptics always love to complain that channeling can’t be real because the channel doesn’t speak other languages while in trance. What many skeptics don’t know about channeling is that it is a partnership. Seth, the entity that spoke through Jane Roberts described it as a ‘psychological bridge’. The entity communicates using words, feelings and pictures but relies on the channel to provide the language and speech. Each channel will receive and translate differently. The process isn’t perfect, even with the best channel distortion could occur, but its clear that the process isn’t like a “possession”, but a combination of efforts from both channel and entity.

Therefore in the case of Dr. Peebles, the entity may speak through different people, but the result won’t be exact with every person as if you were talking to Dr. Peebles on the telephone. The message and mannerisms of Dr. Peebles will shine through, but speech may be colored by the patterns and culture of the channel.

While looking for videos of Dr. Peebles channeling, I was pleasantly surprised to find a full 10 hours of Dr. Peebles channeling through Natalie Giannelli. You may notice the the phrase “God bless you indeed” is said with almost annoying frequency, but Dr. Peebles suggests that this phrase centers the channel and also claims that this was a common phrase to end a thought in his day. I haven’t found any evidence of the last part, so I will have to take his word for it.

I will admit, Dr. Peebles is a little jarring at first. But keep an open mind. Consider how difficult it would be to fake this, at this speed, for hours and hours, answering difficult spiritual questions without hesitation. I certainly couldn’t do it! The various people who channel Dr. Peebles sound remarkably the same, which is fascinating to say the least. I listened to ALL TEN HOURS of this, and I’m pretty convinced that Natalie Giannelli is at least really channeling, plus the spiritual information seems sound.

A Description of ‘God’, by Two Non-Physical Entities

Unfortunately, my list of channeled entities that I trust as real and accurate is pretty short – in fact, there are only two so far that I regard as most likely real. There are some that I haven’t decided on yet, and some channelers that I absolutely feel are charlatans. In the near future, I will post on my opinions about different popular channels. For now, however, I will quote the two channels that I do give credence to. And while I will never claim to believe in anything 100% unless I’ve had a direct experience, these two channelers have my faith in their veracity...

...Even if you do feel that a channeler is honest and is producing material from a higher source, always keep a little bit of doubt in the back of your mind. Look for contradictions. If you find them, research further. Never be afraid to be wrong about something you once believed in. Don’t let pride blind you, and never stop searching for your spiritual truth.

Okay, but what does all of this mean? Well, the way I understand it, is that what we might consider “God” is the whole of consciousness and the creative energy of the universe. However, as we are part of God and God is a part of us, Elias reminds us that we “are” God. I believe it is all a matter of perspective. Although we comprise the same energy of God, our perspective is limited to a small portion of our consciousness – currently, this lifetime. After we die, we gain a larger perspective, that of our soul, which has had many lifetimes. If we were to merge with a ‘higher’ or more expanded consciousness, we would lose some of our individuality, but gain the wider perspective of the unity consciousness. I believe the highest perspective would be that of God, which has no individuality, per say, but contains the individuality of every person, animal, microbe, photon and probably the consciousness of the vast number of non-physical realms that we can’t even imagine. Although the division is an illusion, the illusion is maintained for the purpose of the continued expansion of consciousness.

I would encourage you to read the ‘Oversoul 7’ series written by Jane Roberts. Besides being an entertaining work of fiction, she uses Seth’s concepts of reincarnation and the ‘oversoul’ in way that makes it easier to understand how we can be a part of the same consciousness and yet maintain a practical separation. In this book, a ‘soul’ is watching over and interacting with several ‘spirits’ that are involved in different lifetimes in different periods on earth. The spirits in each of the lifetimes are a part of the oversoul and the oversoul is a part of each of these spirits. Each has their own perspective, though each of the spirits could rise to the perspective of the oversoul. The oversoul is also a part of an energy collective that continues upward, where the perspective becomes wider and less individualistic. I would assume, all the way up to the unity consciousness.

What about the personal God? The God that we pray to when things go really wrong in our lives, and the God that we thank when we or loved ones are miraculously saved from a terrible fate? Perhaps you are tempted to blame God when things go wrong, or feel like you are being punished. Well, I don’t have the answer, of course, but I’ve never come across a judgmental description of God in my research. Nor have I found that God is responsible for intervening in our lives, for either what we might call positive or negative purposes. I believe God is simply the widest perspective of consciousness, and while that consciousness is present in the smallest cell in our body and knows us intimately, we are also part of it and therefore responsible for ourselves. I do believe we have spirit guides, souls in a higher perspective that help guide us. I feel like I have a personal relationship with my own guides who send me signs when I’m fulfilling my own highest purpose. We also may have higher selves, more evolved aspects of our own soul that have a hand in guiding us. Defining God as the whole of consciousness and energy doesn’t mean we shouldn’t pray, meditate or try to connect with ‘God’, whatever definition you chose to use. If we are a part of God and God is a part of us, then all of the thoughts, feelings, troubles and worries we have are also shared by ‘God’. From a higher perspective, it is likely much easier to understand the purpose of our experiences and connecting to this wider perspective can help us cope with the difficulties of earthly life. Prayer can help us align our energy to our goals, and create a positive intention that can attract positive outcomes in return.

A couple more videos, two very different topics.

Both of these have only appeared after I started this thread - so at least in that respect, new.
Just a day ago:

I started this thread with a post involving a perhaps rather disconcerting historical figure. Today I'm posting something at the other end of the scale. Well, still controversial perhaps, but not for the same reasons. A rather different style of presentation too. Here the channeller is rather more formal and less frivolous in her approach.

By now I've seen many such channellings and am no longer surprised at the (purported) being involved. In fact I was more surprised at Pamela's statement that she has perfect pitch and can hear a tone and know that it is 936Hz. She also starts off by briefly mentioning how she started, at the age of five and briefly describes that.

The substance of this video starts at about 11 minutes or so, for those who'd like to skip the introduction.

Earlier in this thread, Manjit asked me about this,

So here's an example. It from an old channelling of Jesus / Yeshua, it starts out like this:
"My name has been used for many purposes. To punish. To kill. To love. To save. To restrict.

"None of these things I taught when I was incarnated.

Now let's slow down a little bit. It seems fair and not unexpected that he would disown ideas about punishment or restriction. But in the same list is included "to love". Now it would be unfair to put too much weight on a single word. Perhaps I misheard. Perhaps the channeller misheard/misspoke. But on the other hand, it raises the question, if that wasn't the teaching, then what was?

So I post this (which I have transcribed myself, and may contain errors which I have introduced) - it does say some interesting things (at least to me) about the nature of reality.

---- Start of transcription ----

"My name has been used for many purposes. To punish. To kill. To love. To save. To restrict.

None of these things I taught when I was incarnated. I came as a revolutionary, to transform the minds of those beings who existed in that time and place. Not to offer salvation that the churches told you about, but a salvation of freedom. A salvation of creativity and a liberation of the mind.

I'm not the Jesus of the church or of your lessons and society. I'm not the Jesus of the Bible. I am in fact a human being who was given the opportunity, based on my incarnational history to offer a teaching to your world that had not been offered at this time.

You have many beings offering these teachings on your planet and in your time, right now. I'm not the only one who offered these teachings. My purpose in my coming now is to undo these foundational beliefs in your society, and indeed in your minds. These are stories taught about me that are untrue. We are all equal in the eyes of God. But there is this underlying feeling of pointlessness that you feel to being here, and that is not what I taught.

These teachings came through me in the form of channelled information. I was aware, even as a child I was going to break the rules. I knew very early on in my consciouness that I would be transforming consciousness in your society. I had an ordinary birth, it was not an immaculate conception [Pamela - 'really? .. ok'] as your society has laid into my story. These unrealistic ideas were put into my story because otherwise, Man believed that no-one would join the Christian movement.

My life was actually quite ordinary. I was born to a man and a woman in an ordinary fashion. However, my mother did have a vision of my life and how this would evolve. She was told that this being, growing inside of her would be a special person. She was told she had to love me in a more gentle fashion, as children were treated much differently and loved differently in my time. She was told to teach me the Jewish scriptures and to love me unconditionally and gently. This allowed my independent nature to flourish.

The stories you need to know about my humanity and that I was an ordinary being who fumbled through life much in the ways you do, but what I did have was an immense connection to all channeled spiritual knowledge. I had an open communication pathway with non-physical beings. My teachers are with me now, but they were with me as I walked the land so long ago.

I did indeed choose not to marry young, this upset my mother greatly. I chose to start what was in fact a rather rebellious spiritual group that discerned truth, or any lack of truth, in the scriptures. I did this because many times a day I was channelling truth, and then I would be shown a scripture that was incorrect.

This is why I had to begin a travelling ministry, of sorts, in order to awaken to my experience and teach others.

I'm here to take my name back.

I'm here to bring forth the teachings - the true teachings, that are going to empower you, expand your consciousness and let go of ideas in your mind that are based on untrue teachings. You must remember, I did not come to start the Christian church. I came to dismantle an oppressive and violent regime in place at that time. The Jewish teachings were oppressive, but the Roman invasion of the lands and religion at that time was even more so oppressive and very difficult. I did not wish to reach through - I wanted to reach through my own experience but I also wanted to get more involved in that time and place. I came to dismantle this oppression.

I went on a long journey to the East - the rumours in your human mythology of this are indeed true as I went to learn and teach in the places you now consider India and Tibet. I went in a self-discovery during this time in my youth, searching through myself, through my experiences, new ideas and cultures. This is one of the reasons I did not marry young. I needed these experiences and marriage would not be appropriate given the cultural limitations of that time and place. I loved the peace and wisdom of that time, but this was not the place that required the teachings. My teachings were not shared appropriately or truthfully.

I returned home from my journey to Mary my beloved in my mid-twenties, Mary Magdalene. My life was not conventional and she was very patient in this regard. We married and had children. My enlightenment took place in my 30th year. Your Bible does describe this. My enlightenment was the result of study and was not a random act dispensed by God. This is not how enlightenment works. Enlightenment comes through both scientific study and understanding vibration. That is what I intended to teach you in my channellings of your time, today, and of other days of your choosing.

You must let go of these ideas of what I was, the ideas you have been taught in your society, that I am the only son of God. That is not true. God is not a being, but a benevolent source, that unconditionally loves and creates all. This world you see, this experience you are having, this is not the world created for you. This is your mind. Manifesting. To show itself to you. If you do not understand that this world is yours, this time and place is coming from within all of you, then you have cause and effect mixed up. At this point. you'd be under the mistaken idea that this world is created by God. When you look at this world, and you see the violence, and you say, 'If God is love, how can this be?', keep in mind please this is not a world created by God for you. This world arises from your minds, from the creative process you are experiencing. This is not a world that was just made one day, by God. This world is being created minute by minute, second by second, moment by moment, by the collective thoughts of all of you. The beings [beliefs?] and ideas you hold in your mind is creating your reality, this is why it is so important that you let go of the ideas associated with me and my story, created by your society, because then you are taking back your own human power.

This is why it is so important that you let go of the ideas associated with me and my story. I was not sacrificed. When I walked to my own crucifixion, I had already mastered the physical world. I had the choice whether or not to go to my death. I was teaching to my disciples that the body is not who we are. That is what we are being taught, but it has been turned around by your society. In an effort to encourage you to sacrifice yourself. In an effort to encourage you to fear God. For if God would sacrifice his only son, what would he do to you, you think. That is your fear. This was the method and reasons for these original teachings. To instil unnecessary fear. And this is not my plan.

The story I spoke about was the meaninglessness of the physical body. You are not your body. Your body is a reflection of your thoughts, emotions and ideas. When you get sick or suffer, it is not a god, causing you this pain, or being cruel to you. These are your inner workings, creating this entire experience. And this is why I'm telling you about my life, so that you can take back this power, to see me more as you. Yes, I am further along the road to light than you are, but you are all on the same path that I am on. Beings of higher consciousness are merely beings that are higher in application to these vibrational concepts. There are thoughts and emotions in your being that are vibrations. These vibrations are creating at any given point in time. Your minds are simply knowing this truth, that you can now stop suffering and create your own less painful higher-vibrational experience. You're not quite realising the depths to which you create your own reality, but as you approach and experience this I'd like you to begin to understand you have brought this experience to you, to learn and show you something about yourself. So when you are attacked from the outside, you are being shown that you attack, sometimes you attack yourself. When you see cruelty outside of yourself, you're being shown there is cruelty within you. Many of you do not go inside of yourselves but the world perpetuates the commonality of going to drugs, food and alcohol to medicate these inner feelings and fears. These are ways you manipulate your own consciousness so that you do not feel the suffering inside of you. These are not bad strategies, it is a gift of your creation, to find ways to handle what is going on, because you are quite brilliant beings. However, your creativity can be used for much more beautiful and greater things [somewhat inadible?]. Let us use your own personal loving guidance system instead to learn to face and heal your emotions.

---- End of transcription ----

Above came from beginning (at about 3 minutes) of this video.

Last edited:
Thanks for transcribing that Typoz. With all the things piling up, I may not have had a chance to watch the video itself, but that was indeed quite interesting.

Yes, the "to love" comment does make one go "hey?" (I have an urge to rage & fight tooth and nail, to the last drop of blood to ensure we think Jesus said we should "love" each other....humans ey ;) I think I'll let it go here haha) ......and the explanation given is intriguing. Because it is plausible, I suppose. I guess that's the thing about these "channeling scripts", they all have a very similar "flavour" to the world view they are cooking up, if you get, or more accurately "feel" what I'm saying?

It's almost like the same "force" or person is coming through everyone...? Or maybe that's just the vibe I'm getting right now after having read that....

Cheers Typoz!

I think I would need to see some very definitive history of channelling to really take this (or other examples) into account. So many channelled materials are nearly identical (as Manjit mentions.) I would like to see a really comprehensive survey, soup to nuts. Then maybe I could begin to make some sense of the material. I love Seth. But his message fits right in to the one above. I can't really put much faith in them, as is.

Back