Cherylee Black, Laboratory Verified PK |470|

Alex

Administrator
Cherylee Black, Laboratory Verified PK |470|
by Alex Tsakiris | Nov 3 | Consciousness Science
Tweet
0SHARES

Cherylee Black, had her psychokinetic abilities tested in controlled laboratory experiments.
skeptiko-470-cherylee-black-1-300x300.jpg

photo by: Skeptiko
That’s from the Netflix series, Stranger Things… and that’s El of course, a young girl who was raised from birth in an MKUltra lab in order to develop her Psychokinetic powers where she can move things across the room; crush Coke cans while they have electrodes attached to her brain to measure what’s going on, and, you know, of course a lot of that stuff is true. And we have today with us a woman who has been laboratory tested to do PK stuff. Cherylee is such an interesting person, such a great person. I’ve known her for a long time through the show. Made a lot of great contributions to the, to the Skeptiko form over the years. And it was really cool to talk to her about all our experiences, including multiple near death experiences, but in particular, this laboratory work. Doing PK. Here’s a couple of clips.
Cherylee Black: [00:01:15] in terms of how skillfully I could do the PK was completely dependent on practice. So the more I did it, the faster I could get the pin wheel to work and the more control I had over the pinwheel, but whether or not that pin will move, had almost everything to do with my, with my, uh, state of mind that day.
And it actually to get the experiment to work, I had to be in a good mood. It wasn’t a negative mood. Whereas if I was in a negative mood, I would try and get that pinwheel to move and something across the room would move instead.
You know, I think these are all very personal journeys and maybe, maybe the scientist doesn’t. Need to see, see the PK and maybe some do. And I think you see it, if you need to see it. Um, I think it’s just, there’s a lot more to us than we realize.

I got the same kind of unreal feeling that I have been getting lately when I read these true crimes stories. A lot of them are intentionally written to be short, so the authors leave out some stuff that you can find out about if you ask. Some respond, others don't. Anyway, the first thing that this show did was explain why I always get this eerie kind of sad feeling from Tricia Barker's work. There it is! She gets sexual assaulted after having this incredibly uplifting NDE, & that kind of energy hovers in the background. I love Tricia Barker; she's so sweet & good-looking & she's so kind to NDE people she interviews, but when I saw that Alex had an interview w/ her, I hung back from playing it b/c of that sad feeling. Now I know why.
PK for me is one of the supernormal abilities that Li Hongzhi says we all can develop as we cultivate ourselves; I really think there are some people out there who could sail a skyscraper from one end of Long Island to the other, but that kind of use of your abilities is strictly forbidden. Or if you're kind of tricky, you could use them like David Copperfield does to make a living; Li claims that's how he does some of his tricks.
I am also convinced that PK has to do w/ harnessing chi or ki or prana, whatever name you want to give it. Scientific measuring machines would then tend to pick up some part of the electromagnetic spectrum when chi is used. That's consistent w/ the emotional connection; there are reported cases of replayed battlefield scenes that spontaneously spring to life. then after playing out for a while, they fade away. Can you imagine the extremely high level of emotional discharge that would be produced while hundreds or thousands of people were fighting to the death? The fear, rage, hate, etc.? Surely that would explain how a particular part of the landscape would hold a "recording." Finally, I've heard of numerous cases of PK & other paranormal happenings that point to a use of energy. My favorite example is a famous "psychic" performer whose name I still can't find. John James Whatever. His demonstrations were done in broad day light like levitating out an open window & coming back in another one. He said he couldn't do his "tricks" on demand day after day. He had to recharge for a period before he could do more.

I got the same kind of unreal feeling that I have been getting lately when I read these true crimes stories. A lot of them are intentionally written to be short, so the authors leave out some stuff that you can find out about if you ask. Some respond, others don't. Anyway, the first thing that this show did was explain why I always get this eerie kind of sad feeling from Tricia Barker's work. There it is! She gets sexual assaulted after having this incredibly uplifting NDE, & that kind of energy hovers in the background. I love Tricia Barker; she's so sweet & good-looking & she's so kind to NDE people she interviews, but when I saw that Alex had an interview w/ her, I hung back from playing it b/c of that sad feeling. Now I know why.
PK for me is one of the supernormal abilities that Li Hongzhi says we all can develop as we cultivate ourselves; I really think there are some people out there who could sail a skyscraper from one end of Long Island to the other, but that kind of use of your abilities is strictly forbidden. Or if you're kind of tricky, you could use them like David Copperfield does to make a living; Li claims that's how he does some of his tricks.
I am also convinced that PK has to do w/ harnessing chi or ki or prana, whatever name you want to give it. Scientific measuring machines would then tend to pick up some part of the electromagnetic spectrum when chi is used. That's consistent w/ the emotional connection; there are reported cases of replayed battlefield scenes that spontaneously spring to life. then after playing out for a while, they fade away. Can you imagine the extremely high level of emotional discharge that would be produced while hundreds or thousands of people were fighting to the death? The fear, rage, hate, etc.? Surely that would explain how a particular part of the landscape would hold a "recording." Finally, I've heard of numerous cases of PK & other paranormal happenings that point to a use of energy. My favorite example is a famous "psychic" performer whose name I still can't find. John James Whatever. His demonstrations were done in broad day light like levitating out an open window & coming back in another one. He said he couldn't do his "tricks" on demand day after day. He had to recharge for a period before he could do more.

I think when you look into a lot of NDErs lives, there are some really sad events that they have had to cope with. Maybe the NDE gave her what she needed to cope with what happened afterwards. I don't think anyone truly appreciates the light until it's been framed by darkness.

I think the "psychic" you are looking for may be Daniel Dunglas Home.

Thanks for telling me Daniel's correct name! I will read the entries on the web about him. It's odd how things change w/ Wikipedia, for instance. One entry about Edgar Cayce was sympathetic & open-minded & a later one treated him as a extremely well-read fraud, which doesn't explain that some of his cures didn't exist before he divulged them. I like the quote from Angie Fenimore's Beyond the Darkness. "Out of the most tragic of circumstances springs human growth." I hate to think it's necessary for people to suffer horribly to learn, but it happens so often that it seems unavoidable, like it's the good side of discharging bad karma.

Reactions: K9!
Thanks for telling me Daniel's correct name! I will read the entries on the web about him. It's odd how things change w/ Wikipedia, for instance. One entry about Edgar Cayce was sympathetic & open-minded & a later one treated him as a extremely well-read fraud, which doesn't explain that some of his cures didn't exist before he divulged them. I like the quote from Angie Fenimore's Beyond the Darkness. "Out of the most tragic of circumstances springs human growth." I hate to think it's necessary for people to suffer horribly to learn, but it happens so often that it seems unavoidable, like it's the good side of discharging bad karma.
Wikipedia isn't a very trustworthy source on Paranormal topics (or on anything else for that matter.)

https://www.sheldrake.org/reactions/wikipedia

Damn! I didn't realize it was that bad. I will write them a protest email & tell them I'm through w/ their Fascistpedia. Thanks again for good, needed info.

Look in the psi encyclopedia

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/daniel-dunglas-home

Alex, this is a wonderful discussion, but you still haven't linked it in correctly!

Thus the "forum discussion" link on the main page links to Tricia Barker's podcast discussion! Also this thread doesn't appear here:

I checked. I don't see this. can you please show me

I checked. I don't see this. can you please show me
Well you just apologised to Hurmanetar for part of the same issue :)

However, over at Skeptiko.com you have a link which says, "Click here for the forum discussion", but for me that link takes me to
https://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/tricia-barker-life-after-near-death-experience-ain’t-always-easy-469.4590/

Unless there is some sort of caching problem, and I am seeing an out of date page.

Anyway, it is good to see you back!

David

Well you just apologised to Hurmanetar for part of the same issue :)

However, over at Skeptiko.com you have a link which says, "Click here for the forum discussion", but for me that link takes me to
https://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/tricia-barker-life-after-near-death-experience-ain’t-always-easy-469.4590/

Unless there is some sort of caching problem, and I am seeing an out of date page.

Anyway, it is good to see you back!

David
apologies again... I see it now and have fixed.

Damn! I didn't realize it was that bad. I will write them a protest email & tell them I'm through w/ their Fascistpedia. Thanks again for good, needed info.

Even in uncontroversial topics, Wiki is kind of a "buyer beware" situation. I've known university teaching assistants who have inserted incorrect information onto Wiki pages to make it easier to catch students who cheat by copying Wiki pages for their papers.

I wish we tried to drill down into the idea that chi is (or is partly) electromagnetic in origin. I know a guy who practices acupuncture for a living, and started out with a physics degree. In a discussion he said that he was sure chi was fundamentally electromagnetic, but on the other hand he is more than willing to describe some pretty impressive chi feats. He described a Chinese man who was giving a talk to an audience that he felt was not fully engaged with the subject. He made some movement with his hands, and the audience fell down (or out of their seats). Needless to say they listened to him afterwards.

I pointed out that if chi were really just electromagnetic, how come someone hasn't created some gadgets out of that - it would for example be ideal for crowd control!

To me, the notion that these extreme psi effects - including Cherylee's experiences - can be reduced to electromagnetic effects, is a claim that I won't believe without good evidence. I asked my friend if he knew of any demonstration that these chi effects were reproducible in a machine, and he did not.

David

I wish we tried to drill down into the idea that chi is (or is partly) electromagnetic in origin. I know a guy who practices acupuncture for a living, and started out with a physics degree. In a discussion he said that he was sure chi was fundamentally electromagnetic, but on the other hand he is more than willing to describe some pretty impressive chi feats. He described a Chinese man who was giving a talk to an audience that he felt was not fully engaged with the subject. He made some movement with his hands, and the audience fell down (or out of their seats). Needless to say they listened to him afterwards.

I pointed out that if chi were really just electromagnetic, how come someone hasn't created some gadgets out of that - it would for example be ideal for crowd control!

To me, the notion that these extreme psi effects - including Cherylee's experiences - can be reduced to electromagnetic effects, is a claim that I won't believe without good evidence. I asked my friend if he knew of any demonstration that these chi effects were reproducible in a machine, and he did not.

David

There was some work by a scientist at University of Maryland who designed a machine to measure a "bioenergy field".

https://drum.lib.umd.edu/handle/1903/15607

Last edited:
Back