Commentary thread for the Index of Skeptiko threads & related resources

Discussion in 'Guidelines & Introductions' started by Pollux, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Pollux

Pollux New

[Inserted by Laird: Please post here in this thread any comments, suggestions, critiques, etc for the thread, Index of Skeptiko threads & related resources, so as to keep that thread as an index rather than a conversation. I moved this post by Pollux, and my reply, from that thread to here]

Great work!! That's one helluva job to put together this...unless you used some database-tool to just "suck" all those threads up and paste 'em in here?!?
    Either way, it's great work, and it's an efficient way to get an overview of all the topics in the forum. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  2. Laird

Laird Member

Thanks, Pollux. I wrote a script to scrape the threads, but the categorisation was manual.

3. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

I think this index will really improve Skeptiko - because so many serious discussions have become buried over the years.

Thanks for all the work!

David

Laird likes this.
  4. Michael Larkin

Michael Larkin Member

Can't we make the index thread sticky or something? It'll soon disappear off the end of the Guidelines & Introductions section, and when it does, it'll just become one more lost thread!

Ian Gordon, Trancestate and malf like this.
  5. Laird

Laird Member

David has already done us that service - don't be confused by the old index thread (with an "and" rather than an "&" in its title)! That one now links to the new one, and is no longer sticky.

6. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

7. Max_B

Max_B Member

Home Page:
    Lord!!! that is a seriously impressive addition to the site!