CONSCIOUSNESS AND HYPERSPACE with SAUL-PAUL SIRAG

SIRAG: Right, right, that's right. Matter has for a long time been taking on more and more of the mindlike qualities anyway. On the other hand, people that have been studying the mind by way of the standard techniques of biology and neuroscience and neuropharmacology and so on, find more and more material kinds of explanations for what we would traditionally consider mental phenomena. So the two have sort of crossed over each other somehow at this point in history, and I think that the solution for the mind-body problem will be found in this hyperspace picture of things. In other words, the old spiritual idea that the mind is not in the body -- if the mind is in the body, then you definitely have a mind-body problem; but it's that the body is in the mind -- you see, the cosmic mind being this hyperspace. And so the body is just a shadow that is projected, so to speak, from hyperspace, and so there's then in a sense no problem, because our internal experience is not just connected to the hyperspace, it's an intimate piece of the hyperspace, in other words. Our own minds are projections from a much greater mind, and so on.
SIRAG: Yes, definitely. See, physicists have never taken the dream world -- or worlds, there are many probably -- seriously. I mean, it's a state that's very much like a physical state, because to a certain extent things make sense in a dream world and to a certain extent they don't make sense. But suppose in the dream realm one were to do physics experiments, one would come up with a different physics, so to speak. So that would be a different projection, so to speak. It would be a different space-time projection, very different, as we experience it, because in the dream realm, for instance, your identity can change very quickly. Like I could have a dream in which you appear and suddenly I'm you and you're me, or somebody else; and that can change very quickly. Now, we don't experience reality that way, but that doesn't mean that that realm isn't real.
http://www.intuition.org/txt/sirag.htm