Coronavirus Pandemic

No, the Russian government is as much pro-Covid-1984 as any else; it is just the relationship between government and the populace that is different in Russia.

If a government makes a law in the West, people are either following it or publicly rebelling against it. In Russia, they are just ignoring it, persisting in going their own way, no matter what the government demands. And government largely allowed them to do it.

The reason is, the modern Russian society is based on a kind of silent ceasefire agreement between people and their rulers: the rulers are not actively messing in the people's private lives - as long as people are not rising against them publicly. So, if one opposes the government in a public sphere, like a small number of Alexei Navalny's followers, one will quickly feel a full might of a state's repressive mashine. But as long as one violate government's decrees in a non-demonstrative, private manner, one will be left alone.

The same goes for all kinds of, to say it so, deviance - from sexual, like homosexuality or BDSM, to religious, like following a new or non-traditional religious movement. The general principle still applies: you will be allowed to engage in a deviance of your own choice, as long as it is not publicly brazen and demonstrative. So, for example, you may live and love in a gay way as long as your keep your sexuality in a private sphere; but, if you try to become an open gay activist or organise a Gay Pride Parade, you will face quite unpleasant consequences. Or another example: while sex work is formally illegal in Russia, it actually has a flourishing sex work industry, which does not even try to hide itself, just does not announce itself loudly and proudly. But sex workers' activism is not something one would want to be engaged in... Or: there are a lot of people in Russia whose religious views are non-traditional in nature, and they are allowed to keep them as long they are not too publicly annoying. Jehowah's Witnesses and Church of Scientology were, so they are officially illegal in Russia, while many other new religions keep a low profile and thus tacitly allowed.

So, this is what makes modern Russia a classic authoritarian - but not totalitarian! - country: it strictly controls the public sphere, but allows a notable degree of freedom in the private one. To the contrary, modern Western countries are becoming totalitarian - in the sense that they increasingly erase the difference between public and private spheres, and wish the latter to be no less, in fact, even more controlled than the former; SJW and political correctness, absent and quite unthinkable in Russia, is exactly about that - making personal political, and intrusively regulated both by the state and tacitly state-approved vigilantes.

Russia is more free than America and Europe are rapidly becoming. The new American rulers - a combination of deep state and global corporations, especially big tech (= true racism) - since they architected the demise of Trump, want to own and control everyone. They will mess with our private lives and even try to penetrate our very thoughts with serious sanctions for anything unauthorized. Right now those sanctions are up to and including loss of emplyment and social ostracizing. I fear they will become more serious in time. Maybe brown shirt thugs showing up at one's home to physically assault or kill. It's very close to that already.

Silence, Charlie - thanks to you both for the info; as I already suspected, "green" energy was not the main culprit, like one is persuaded to believe if one restricts oneself to Russian-language sources. This bias is to be expected: environmentalism and "green" industries are massively despised in Russia, treated with ridicule and derision and seen as motivated by sheer misanthropy and threatening to humanity, due to a complex combination of economic (Russia's wealth is largely based on fossil fuels and nuclear industries), political (environmentalism is associated with Western imperial exapnsionism) and cultural (enduring traces of Promethean project of infinite development and progress in still alive in Russians' collective inspirations).

What impressed me most, is that you BOTH agreed that blaming "green" sources as the main cause of energy failure is false - and these are Far Left (you, Silence) and Far Right (you, Charlie) persons who usually see diamertically opposite, mutually exclusive things while looking in the same direction. Yet this time you disagreement was resticted to who the main culprits really are - corporations or government. Such (relatively) irenic moment, as opposed to a common polemic one, is impressive.
I think the former Green activist, Michael Shellenberge characterised the problem with Green energy very succinctly. Green energy simply isn't dense enough - you would need to devote vast amounnts of the Earth's surface to making Green energy to replace what we have now. This is why we have spent over 2 decades building green energy operations, and haven't really dented to level of CO2 emissions.

David

No, the Russian government is as much pro-Covid-1984 as any else; it is just the relationship between government and the populace that is different in Russia.

If a government makes a law in the West, people are either following it or publicly rebelling against it. In Russia, they are just ignoring it, persisting in going their own way, no matter what the government demands. And government largely allowed them to do it.

The reason is, the modern Russian society is based on a kind of silent ceasefire agreement between people and their rulers: the rulers are not actively messing in the people's private lives - as long as people are not rising against them publicly. So, if one opposes the government in a public sphere, like a small number of Alexei Navalny's followers, one will quickly feel a full might of a state's repressive mashine. But as long as one violate government's decrees in a non-demonstrative, private manner, one will be left alone.

The same goes for all kinds of, to say it so, deviance - from sexual, like homosexuality or BDSM, to religious, like following a new or non-traditional religious movement. The general principle still applies: you will be allowed to engage in a deviance of your own choice, as long as it is not publicly brazen and demonstrative. So, for example, you may live and love in a gay way as long as your keep your sexuality in a private sphere; but, if you try to become an open gay activist or organise a Gay Pride Parade, you will face quite unpleasant consequences. Or another example: while sex work is formally illegal in Russia, it actually has a flourishing sex work industry, which does not even try to hide itself, just does not announce itself loudly and proudly. But sex workers' activism is not something one would want to be engaged in... Or: there are a lot of people in Russia whose religious views are non-traditional in nature, and they are allowed to keep them as long they are not too publicly annoying. Jehowah's Witnesses and Church of Scientology were, so they are officially illegal in Russia, while many other new religions keep a low profile and thus tacitly allowed.

So, this is what makes modern Russia a classic authoritarian - but not totalitarian! - country: it strictly controls the public sphere, but allows a notable degree of freedom in the private one. To the contrary, modern Western countries are becoming totalitarian - in the sense that they increasingly erase the difference between public and private spheres, and wish the latter to be no less, in fact, even more controlled than the former; SJW and political correctness, absent and quite unthinkable in Russia, is exactly about that - making personal political, and intrusively regulated both by the state and tacitly state-approved vigilantes.

Great summary of the differences there Vortex between the West at the moment, and Russia.

I wish we'd go down the authoritarian route rather than the totalitarian one if we were gonna choose between them!

...Far Left (you, Silence) and Far Right (you, Charlie) persons who usually see diamertically opposite, mutually exclusive things while looking in the same direction.

The fundamental difference between people on the Left, and people on the Far Right like me is that we on the Right value Truth above all else.

We do this because Truth is the very basis of goodness, human progress, human freedom, and Civilization itself.

The opposite of Truth, Falsehood, results in Evil, human degeneration, human slavery, and societal collapse.

This is why you see Leftists on this forum constantly lie, misquote, and make false acqusations. They emulate their Father.

So, this is what makes modern Russia a classic authoritarian - but not totalitarian! - country: it strictly controls the public sphere, but allows a notable degree of freedom in the private one.

Russia and Texas are very much alike in this regard.

We Texans like Law & Order in the public sphere. However, if one wants to be a deviant in private, and doing so doesn't hurt children or the community, that person will be left alone for the most part.

I believe this is the best way. It's sad that most Americans cannot understand the utility of this system, or even understand the difference between Authoritarian and Totalitarian.

Also, we both have large rural populations that dislike central mandates. We are both blessed with natural energy resources. We both have populations that are far more ethnically diverse than other countries.

Last edited:
This is why we have spent over 2 decades building green energy operations, and haven't really dented to level of CO2 emissions.

I support the concept of Renewable Energy. I used my solar panels to provide electricity during the recent Texas ice storm black-outs.

The problem with our current "Green Energy" paradigm is that it's based upon a lie. The lie is that Carbon Taxing the crap out of poor people and transferring that wealth to rich people can somehow affect the earth's climate.

Once again, all things based upon lies result in harm, degeneration, and evil.

Far Left (you, Silence)
Interesting. I've not nor have I ever been viewed as Far Left. You likely have that impression as I'm one of only a few who push back on far right propaganda such as the nonsense Jim spewed at us for years in the Trump thread. I'm actually centrist and distrustful of any political view that asserts itself as superior on principle.

Russia and Texas are very much alike in this regard.

We Texans like Law & Order in the public sphere. However, if one wants to be a deviant in private, and doing so doesn't hurt children or the community, that person will be left alone for the most part.

I believe this is the best way. It's sad that most Americans cannot understand the utility of this system, or even understand the difference between Authoritarian and Totalitarian.

Also, we both have large rural populations that dislike central mandates. We are both blessed with natural energy resources. We both have populations that are far more ethnically diverse than other countries.

Yet I am exactly the one who despise and oppose Russia-like authoritarianism - as well as currently rising Western totalitarianism; as I said precisely, I only said the former is comparatively better than the latter, since it allows the person at least some degree of hidden freedom, while totalitarianism is intrusive to the extreme, leaving no room to hide in its desire to reform the whole society according to its project - and destroy everyone who refuse to conform completely.

But living in fear and oppression, keeping your true Self hidden and suppressed, and being unable to enact your Will, your Truth, in public, is a tormemted, damned existence - a horrid existence that I have to endure each and every day, keeping my real positions and inspirations carefully concealed from eveyone except a few trusted friends. Not being able to express your Truth and fulfill your Will, to be forced to live the live under the dominance of what your perceive, define, and reject, with your Will, as falsehood, ugliness and evil, is like living in perpetual agony.

Yes, this agony is not as ultimately lethal as the one of being broken and destroyed under the force of intrusive totalitarianism that wouldn't allow anyone even these last covert reservations of selfhood and freedom, bent of eliminating anything that does not conform to its absolutist demands. But it is an anguish nevertheless.

I reject both authotarianism and totalitarinism, in favour of libertarianism and anarchism, to give each one a possibility to openly live according to one's Will, toghether with the ones whose Wills are similar, and separate from the ones whose Wills are different. What I stand for is a true diversity, a multi-faceted, complex network of differing yet connected societies where each one may find a society to one's own liking.

Last edited:
The U.K. Government managed to completely cure The Flu in a country of 68 Million people.

Not a single case all year! How cool is that? :)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/flu-cases-covid-england-phe-latest-b1805124.html

ejXD6FC.png

A good episode of The HigherSide Chats Podcast showed up this morning.

Interview with Cliff Richardson. Worth a listen.

https://www.thehighersidechats.com/...on-research-word-magic-the-artificial-matrix/

Key points:

* Covid 19 was made in a laboratory.

* Fauchi and the CDC are purposely circumventing the international laws against manufacturing bio-weapons.

* The next version of H1N1 which "accidentally escapes from a lab" will be 10x more lethal and virulent than Covid-19.

Download Richardson's new documentary. WARNING: This is a BIG 4.24 gigabyte .mp4 video file. [ Link to download page ]

"Under the new rules, developers will be required to provide “robust evidence” that modified COVID-19 vaccines produce a strong immune response to the variant, as well as data showing they are safe and meet quality standards."

Riiiight. So robust evidence is more important to proving a strong immune response, than robust evidence to prove that they are safe and meet quality standards.

Bitcoin Hodlers rejoice as U.S. Senate passes $1.9 Trillion Dollar COVID relief bill.

To the moon baby!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/06/cov...nate-passes-1point9-trillion-relief-bill.html

JyJUwpJ.jpg
This is very bad and not the right way to do it. They are just bribing the people to vote for them and to become dependent - and they will crash the economy long term because the economy can't grow with key sectors going overseas and millions of displaced workers doing nothing + mass waves of third world immigrants that suck off tax dollars. The final straw will be the war of choice that they will start. We are done for.

Last edited:
Back