Cosmos documentary mini-series

For those that remember, Neil Degrasse Tyson [the host] alone with Sagan's widow
Ann Druyan et.al. will do a reboot of this mini-series in 2014. For those too young or live in another country please watch this wonderful mini-series if possible. For more: http://www.space.com/24243-cosmos-tv-series-neil-degrasse-tyson.html

I remember reading Carl Sagan. He identified some issues which demanded further investigation. One was the stories told by children of past lives. I wonder if the series will cover this and "the hard problem." I support science - I figure you've guessed that. I also know the programming that goes into nature is AWESOME (in part this feeds my love of maths) and most people have no idea just how much so that is - most people are too far removed from it to feel the wonder. I worry when science doesn't understand the inherent limitations of its paradigm, but in a world where people can't see the icecaps melting we need to be reminded ...What a wonderful world we live in.

I remember reading Carl Sagan. He identified some issues which demanded further investigation. One was the stories told by children of past lives. I wonder if the series will cover this and "the hard problem." I support science - I figure you've guessed that. I also know the programming that goes into nature is AWESOME (in part this feeds my love of maths) and most people have no idea just how much so that is - most people are too far removed from it to feel the wonder. I worry when science doesn't understand the inherent limitations of its paradigm, but in a world where people can't see the icecaps melting we need to be reminded ...What a wonderful world we live in.
Jules, here's the first episode link to the original Cosmos series.

Back