Dark Matter found?

Any chance you can change your avatar? Seriously, I find it disturbing and if you don't, will feel compelled to put you on my ignore list just so I won't have to see it again.
Rather like commercial breaks on TV, I tend to find 99% of all avatars offensive or irritating in one way or another. I use custom CSS in my browser which blocks all of them. Perhaps the forum should be configured with an option to show/hide avatars.

Rather like commercial breaks on TV, I tend to find 99% of all avatars offensive or irritating in one way or another. I use custom CSS in my browser which blocks all of them. Perhaps the forum should be configured with an option to show/hide avatars.

"I tend to find 99% of all avatars offensive or irritating in one way or another"

What, even my innocuous one ?

It's some dude called Mandrake. No idea. I was going to make my avatar a really cool looking mandrake root and then I saw this guy and well, the rest is history.

Damn. I think Mandrake is from Flash Gordon. I just love this set of lines between Zatarra & his daughter:

'As a reward for Zor's capture, you can have access to anything in our
extensive records.'

'My Dad's four books. Where are the Libri Zatarae?'

'Well, why don't you ask him yourself Zatanna?'

'THE BOOK OF WATER IS A KIND HEART.
THE BOOK OF EARTH IS A GRACEFUL BODY.
THE BOOK OF AIR, A KEEN MIND.
THE BOOK OF FIRE IS STRENGTH OF SPIRIT.

Do you understand? I wrote my books in *you*, Zatanna.'

'Oh Dad. I miss you so much.'

'I live on in you, my love. Dry your eyes.'
-Grant Morrison, Seven Soldiers