Deaf NDE's?

Do deaf NDE's even exist?

I have been attempting to find some sources online but I haven't come across any research done into NDE's of the hearing impaired.

It might be insightful or curious if deaf people for some reason didn't experience NDE's.

If we had a substantial amount of NDE's from deaf people we could compare and contrast them with those of normal hearing people. This would be a valuable tool to understanding more about the NDE.

Last edited:
uote="Anonymou5, post: 24983, member: 508"]Do deaf NDE's even exist?

I have been attempting to find some sources online but I haven't come across any research done into NDE's of the hearing impaired.

It might be insightful or curious if deaf people for some reason didn't experience NDE's.

If we had a substantial amount of NDE's from deaf people we could compare and contrast them with those of normal hearing people. This would be a valuable tool to understanding more about the NDE.[/quote]
Here ya go

I've come across those, but I'm talking about actual research into Deaf NDE's. Sort of how Kenneth Ring looked into Blind NDE's.

Maybe they are quite harder to find. I've heard Ring got "lucky" because he studied a generation that where born when putting babies incubators with excessive oxygen ( a common practice that was later discovered to make them blind! ) was a common practice, so there where enough samples already to get a reasonable amount of NDE's despite the odds.

Do deaf NDE's even exist?

If we had a substantial amount of NDE's from deaf people we could compare and contrast them with those of normal hearing people. This would be a valuable tool to understanding more about the NDE.

I agree, research into the experiences of the deaf and congenitally deaf would be interesting. In a quick search I've found only only one paper dealing with colour and communication style in dreams of the deaf, and that indicates a similar process takes place as in dreams experienced by the blind.

The Congenitally deaf seem to communicate in their dreams very much the way they do in waking life, i.e. they don't seem to hear, but might see lips moving, or see sign language. However it's also apparent that the same grey area probably exists in dreams of the deaf, as it does in the blind, as although the congenitally blind don't seem to dream visually (at least not quite in the way we do), they can still dream spatially, with objects and images contained in their dreams, but generally without sensory colour information. This makes sense, as they do still have to navigate a spatial world, and touch and recognize objects, and can hear descriptions of things like the sun.

Maybe they are quite harder to find. I've heard Ring got "lucky" because he studied a generation that where born when putting babies incubators with excessive oxygen ( a common practice that was later discovered to make them blind! ) was a common practice, so there where enough samples already to get a reasonable amount of NDE's despite the odds.

Yea I've considered that and I really feel like that is probably the case.

However I did take some time to go through nderf and read cases that contained the word "deaf". I came across a few and didn't really recognize many differences.

For example this:
As her face glow with the most beautiful smile, she had told me I was involved bad car accident and that I was serve hurt. She pointed down as I turned my head back to look down. I saw myself laying on the bed at the hospital in emergency room. Here comes to shocking seeing my face was full of blood as my flesh was asleep struggling to stay alive. I could see several doctors and nurses were working on me keeping me alive.

You wouldn't really be able to tell whether that was from someone with normal hearing or deaf. That's really what I was wondering about whether or not deaf people experienced the OBE part like blind people, and non-impaired people do since this happens to be the least subjective aspect of any NDE.

Back