Differing explanations of NDE's

Haven't posted in months, but put me down as against permanent bans for anyone but a few definitive trolls who went out of their way to mock posters.

With regard to accusations of outright deception IMO it would be better to have a running total of critiques when someone is banned that can be referred back to.

On the general case against Linda specifically I don't really have much to say as I've not been here much, but I would be wary of permanent bans. There have been bans and thread deletions in the past that drove people away, and this wasn't limited to skeptics.

So why did you leave ?

More to the point, have you been saving all the links you would have posted, waiting for your return?

David, this question doesn't even make sense. (I notice that Sciborg has pity-liked it however)

Have you. been saving. all the links. you. would have posted?? waiting for your return? ??

Nope. Still makes no sense to me. Would you mind rephrasing?

Reactions: tim
David, this question doesn't even make sense. (I notice that Sciborg has pity-liked it however)

Have you. been saving. all the links. you. would have posted?? waiting for your return? ??

Nope. Still makes no sense to me. Would you mind rephrasing?
I save lots of links in HTML files that are local to my machine. They form a sort of tree structure, with links at the top level that point down to other HTML files on my machine, and each lower level HTML file belongs to a particular subject, and is stored with a one sentence description of what it contains.

I take it you don't work that way :)

David

I do worry that websites go down, and pages that reference a variety of papers get lost. I also save things as a reminder to look them up in more detail.

I started using Docear with a PDF reader... and downloading papers to my PC. It allows me to store PDF's, video's, text, links, pictures etc locally, all directly linked from a hugely powerful mind-map.

I can highlight important text in these files, and make notes on PDF's or other files, which automatically appear back in the mind-map.

It's a fantastically powerful bit of free software, that has proven absolutely invaluable in helping me organise my information, and record my thoughts, so that I'm freed to think creatively again.

The only other thing I do is lots of recordings on my iphone. When I have a new idea, or make a new connection, I try to record it as soon as possible, so that it is not lost, and also to get it out of my head so I'm freed up to think creatively again.

I do worry that websites go down, and pages that reference a variety of papers get lost. I also save things as a reminder to look them up in more detail.

Do you know about the WayBackMachine?
https://archive.org/web/

Its not a substitute for keeping hard copy on your own machine, but it can be useful for finding stuff that is either too extensive and/or not important enough to store locally.

Last edited:
Back