Mod+ Dinosaurs and consciousness/the afterlife

I imagine that this seems like a rather far fetched question, but i was recently wondering about dinosaurs in the context of consciousness and the afterlife.
Were they conscious to some degree? How do they fit in current theories about consciousness and / or the afterlife/the continued existence of consciousness? If we were to stick to reincarnation or something like that, are we the reincarnations of dinosaurs?
How does this fit into the spiritual?
Does anyone know about some sort of theories about that out there or have you guys thought about that before?

Note that this is based on the premise that dinosaurs - and the time before we humans started to exist as we are right now - were a real thing. I deem that highly propable.

I imagine that this seems like a rather far fetched question, but i was recently wondering about dinosaurs in the context of consciousness and the afterlife.
Were they conscious to some degree? How do they fit in current theories about consciousness and / or the afterlife/the continued existence of consciousness? If we were to stick to reincarnation or something like that, are we the reincarnations of dinosaurs?
How does this fit into the spiritual?
Does anyone know about some sort of theories about that out there or have you guys thought about that before?

Note that this is based on the premise that dinosaurs - and the time before we humans started to exist as we are right now - were a real thing. I deem that highly propable.
Well there's a school of thought that non-domesticated animals join a kind of pooled consciousness when they die. In effect they add to that pooled or group consciousness which eventually progresses as more experience is added to it and the group 'evolves'. I'm not saying I subscribe to it.

I did hear of that before aswell. But isnt there any mention of dinosaurs or similar beings before the existence of humans when it comes to other theories related to consciousness or the afterlife? I mean, was the afterlife empty before we humans started to exist or were there always the same kind of conscious entities around that were only inhabiting different bodies? Most theories are rather human-centric for obvious reasons. Shouldnt they also account for things that existed pre-humans? Maybe they do and i just dont know it yet?
Same for buddhistic reincarnation. It just doesnt make sense to me to not take something like that into consideration.

I did hear of that before aswell. But isnt there any mention of dinosaurs or similar beings before the existence of humans when it comes to other theories related to consciousness or the afterlife? I mean, was the afterlife empty before we humans started to exist or were there always the same kind of conscious entities around that were only inhabiting different bodies? Most theories are rather human-centric for obvious reasons. Shouldnt they also account for things that existed pre-humans? Maybe they do and i just dont know it yet?
Same for buddhistic reincarnation. It just doesnt make sense to me to not take something like that into consideration.
That's a very interesting question. I don't recall reading any specific comments on it. Perhaps there were other races, but then all we're doing is pushing the same question back. Was there a point when there was just the original cause?

I guess then we start to consider the meaning of 'time'. At this point I generally check out as it is something I struggle with conceptually. I hate it in Sci Fi too :)

There is a fair bit of talk about souls incarnating from other planets and dimensions, particularly in hypnotic regression. Michael Newton was a proponent of that.

There's the same issue with the other homo races like the neanthalers all now extinct. Which afterlife did they go to when they died? Clearly there were other consciousness homonids than humans

There's the same issue with the other homo races like the neanthalers all now extinct. Which afterlife did they go to when they died? Clearly there were other consciousness homonids than humans
That is true. Same goes for them. Does that what we apply for us humans apply for them? Is every being that is conscious involved in the same reincarnation/afterlife/survival process?
Does consciousness inhabit all bodies out there and is just getting restricted by the physical hulls?
Theres propably no way to answer any of those questions, i know, but it sure is interesting. The fundamental question here for me propably is - are we humans any different in how we could get treated in that regard compared to neanderthals, dinosaurs, or even today's well known rats or worms?

That is true. Same goes for them. Does that what we apply for us humans apply for them? Is every being that is conscious involved in the same reincarnation/afterlife/survival process?
Does consciousness inhabit all bodies out there and is just getting restricted by the physical hulls?
Theres propably no way to answer any of those questions, i know, but it sure is interesting. The fundamental question here for me propably is - are we humans any different in how we could get treated in that regard compared to neanderthals, dinosaurs, or even today's well known rats or worms?
How would we find out?

As Obiwan said, it's a good question. Like everyone will have, I've got some thoughts on the matter but it would be rather silly of me to think they have much value on questions like these. I think we will all find out, though and I'm kind of looking forward to that. One thing (amongst many) that intrigues me from NDE reports is the "time doesn't exist" on that side, statement.

Pam Reynolds (sorry Chuck) stated that everything that has ever happened and that will happen, is happening right now and I've heard that many times. I don't understand it but if you think about it, it provides a theoretical basis for some of the problems your question raises.

Western science believes dinosaurs evolved into birds.
https://encrypted.google.com/search...&ie=UTF-8&q=evolution+of+dinosaurs+into+birds

DasMurmeltier said:
I mean, was the afterlife empty before we humans started to exist or were there always the same kind of conscious entities around that were only inhabiting different bodies? Most theories are rather human-centric for obvious reasons. Shouldnt they also account for things that existed pre-humans? Maybe they do and i just dont know it yet?
Sadly fundamentalist Christianity turns many people off religion and so they are ignorant of the complexity of other religions.

• Consider Buddhism's 31 planes of existence.
  • Consider the length of a kalpa.
  • Hinduism recognizes more than one universe.

Did a dinosaur have the Buddha nature? Why not!

Western science believes dinosaurs evolved into birds.
https://encrypted.google.com/search...&ie=UTF-8&q=evolution+of+dinosaurs+into+birds

Sadly fundamentalist Christianity turns many people off religion and so they are ignorant of the complexity of other religions.

• Consider Buddhism's 31 planes of existence.
  • Consider the length of a kalpa.
  • Hinduism recognizes more than one universe.

Did a dinosaur have the Buddha nature? Why not!
Do you mean some dinosaurs may have reincarnated as birds or something along those lines?