Dinosaurs in the afterlife

I consider myself sympathetic to the idea of the survival of consciousness after death. However, one of the things that's always bothered me about reports of mediums and after-death experiences and the like is that I can't recall any mention of the dinosaurs. They were around for 200 million years! If the common takeaway from ADE reports is that life has a meaning, what role could the dinosaurs have played? Surely it wasn't just to become oil, could it?

I don't know if it involves them not being there as much as it is people not mentioning them. Most of the time, mediums cover the whole animal issue by saying all animals have souls too, so of course they head on to the afterlife when they die. I'm sure one were to ask a medium or a channeled entity, they'd say that they're over there somewhere, maybe doing their own thing in their own reality.

It's entirely possible that some of the beings of light encountered, particularly when multiple are encountered, some could have been dinosaurs at one point or another, simply taking a humanoid form to keep the dying person from freaking out too much too quickly.

Or, they're off in Dino heaven. I haven't the foggiest idea.

I see what you're both saying. I've always wondered that if there is a Divine Plan for the universe, did the dinosaurs, as the dominant form of life on the planet for a great deal longer than us, have a purpose that was to help lead into our purpose, or did they have a separate purpose unto themselves? This is all my speculation, naturally, but I feel knowing that would alter the perspective of our place on the planet and in the cosmos. After all, Earthbound life was around nearly a billion years before us; what was going on then?

The mediums usually deal with deceased human beings, so I do not see why they will deal with dinosaurs or other species whose communication seems difficult or near impossible.

I consider myself sympathetic to the idea of the survival of consciousness after death. However, one of the things that's always bothered me about reports of mediums and after-death experiences and the like is that I can't recall any mention of the dinosaurs. They were around for 200 million years! If the common takeaway from ADE reports is that life has a meaning, what role could the dinosaurs have played? Surely it wasn't just to become oil, could it?

Are you not mixing up form and soul ?

As Souls unfold ( express more of our inner latent qualities ) we require, and force, finer garments( forms)to be forged for our utilisation , during each incarnation. People generally call it evolution.

i.e. If you want to see a dinosaur , look in the mirror ! ;)

I remembered something about Billy Meier and dinosaur pics?
can't recall much about it:

follow this link for more information
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=spirit+dinosaur+billy+mier

dino1.jpg

Last edited:

Haven't you sort of ironically answered your own question?

That must have been a lot of dinosaurs to make all that oil. Must have been a pile of them ten miles high in Saudi Arabia!

That must have been a lot of dinosaurs to make all that oil. Must have been a pile of them ten miles high in Saudi Arabia!

The putative greatest source of biomass for oil production by far are oceanic microorganisms, not the dinosaurs or other land-living organisms. Of course, not everyone thinks that (all) oil is biogenic. There are claims that some oil wells thought to have been exhausted have in fact become mysteriously replenished.

The putative greatest source of biomass for oil production by far are oceanic microorganisms, not the dinosaurs or other land-living organisms. Of course, not everyone thinks that (all) oil is biogenic. There are claims that some oil wells thought to have been exhausted have in fact become mysteriously replenished.

Please. I wouldn't listen to anything this pro-fracking sicko says about underground energy reserves, chuck. He is politically motivated and in support of the destruction of all life on earth.

I'm pretty confident you could find and pay a medium to tell you she is communicating with dinosaurs.

But I wouldn't put much thought in to this idea, Ghost in the Half Shell, as have you ever heard of an NDE featuring, for example, microorganisms? Most of the time I recall NDEs being about something other than a visit to a zoo to see all of the Earth's creatures, but that would be a very fascinating NDE, imo. I'm just saying, when was the last time you had an NDE featuring a platypus or one-tusked walrus, or any specific animal, let alone entire extinct species?

How do we know NDEs, if had by mind-not-brains, are actual places in the afterlife?

NDEs may gain acceptance as proof that minds exist divorced from brains. That tells us nothing about whether they represent any real location.

How do we know NDEs, if had by mind-not-brains, are actual places in the afterlife?

NDEs may gain acceptance as proof that minds exist divorced from brains. That tells us nothing about whether they represent any real location.

Absolutely. To me, if NDE are evidence of "mind-not-brain" then this world, or an NDE world, are just one back drop among many and not a location, in the general geophysical sense, at all. Just an ever changing scene that may play a role in the interpretation of the scenario.

"Locations" in the afterlife are all created by thought. There is nothing like "a real location" in the afterlife.

In Talbot's "The Holographic Universe", he shares a story from some researcher (may have been Stanislav Grof, but don't quote me) that in an interview with someone, the interviewee had a memory of being some kind of reptile from millions of years ago. My recall is very sketchy but if you were interested enough you'd be able to find the case study.

I recall stumbling across a short report a few years ago, from somebody claiming they had seen the apparition of a dinosaur in one of the big London parks IIRC... I haven't got a clue if the report was genuine, or just an urban myth etc. and can't find it now. Not that I think apparitions have anything to do with the classic idea of an afterlife anyway, but I did think it was interesting that the apparition was apparently seen in a natural environment.

Are you not mixing up form and soul ?

As Souls unfold ( express more of our inner latent qualities ) we require, and force, finer garments( forms)to be forged for our utilisation , during each incarnation. People generally call it evolution.

i.e. If you want to see a dinosaur , look in the mirror ! ;)

Interesting thought, but isn't that making some assumptions? For instance, for that to be true, aren't we saying that humans are long-descended reincarnations of dinosaurs (I'm ssure David Icke would have a field day with that)? Does that imply that dinosaurs had free will? Am I taking us down a dangerous road with this train of thought?

Haven't you sort of ironically answered your own question?

Perhaps, but don't tell anyone. Besides, I was being facetious and it would be a shame on several levels if I turned out to be right on the get-go.

Well sure, that's where they all landed after the asteroid struck and blew everything into the sky :P

I'm pretty confident you could find and pay a medium to tell you she is communicating with dinosaurs.

But I wouldn't put much thought in to this idea, Ghost in the Half Shell, as have you ever heard of an NDE featuring, for example, microorganisms? Most of the time I recall NDEs being about something other than a visit to a zoo to see all of the Earth's creatures, but that would be a very fascinating NDE, imo. I'm just saying, when was the last time you had an NDE featuring a platypus or one-tusked walrus, or any specific animal, let alone entire extinct spthought,

I agree with you; see, many NDErs report attaining all knowledge of the universe during their journey, so I'm curious about what there might be said about our past.

Back