Distinguished Scientists Gather To Emphasize: “Matter” Is NOT The Only Reality

Will Durant, in his 1926 work, The Story of Philosophy (the lives and opinions of the great philosophers), wrote the following:

Science itself, which so superciliously scorns metaphysics, assumes a metaphysic in its every thought. It happens that the metaphysic which it assumes is the metaphysic of Spinoza.

Has the science establishment drifted further away from Spinoza’s metaphysic? Bear in mind that Durant was rather keen on Spinoza.

Will Durant, in his 1926 work, The Story of Philosophy (the lives and opinions of the great philosophers), wrote the following:

Science itself, which so superciliously scorns metaphysics, assumes a metaphysic in its every thought. It happens that the metaphysic which it assumes is the metaphysic of Spinoza.

Has the science establishment drifted further away from Spinoza’s metaphysic? Bear in mind that Durant was rather keen on Spinoza.
I think it has. But to be honest - it is sometimes even hard for me to believe the evidence before our eyes right now. Heck, Einstein refused to believe the observer had anything to do with the quantum wave function.

So I kind of of understand the reluctance. It's built into the way we perceive and assume what we are perceiving is real. And yet, what if the moon really isn't there when we're not looking??

My Best,
Bertha