Does anyone remember this particular NDE?

Kai

New
Hey guys.

Those of you who are awfully familiar with the NDERF NDEs may know this one. I was trying to track down again a particular NDE I'm sure I read there, but now can't remember the name, and the circs only in basic terms.

The basis was *something like* this.

A motorcycle accident (I think) and the experience involved some kind of apparent "temporal anomaly" across two or three weeks. I want to say that the person in the NDE discovered that they "could not return to their body" and therefore rejoined with their body two weeks earlier. Again, it is **something like that** though maybe not exactly.

I just want to read the account again. If you know or can figure out which one it is, I'd be grateful for a link. Using the NDERF search page and plugging in the obvious keywords has so far been unproductive.

I can't follow the narrative of his return... What does it mean that he returned in his physical body 2 weeks prior the accident? Doesn't make any sense.

Wasn't the guy hospitalized after the accident? How did he recover after such a bad collision?

I was wearing a helmet that I didn't have when I returned. But was given to me before I died. And was given to me again a short time after my return and before the time when I had died before.
.............................................................................................................
Trust Arouet to have this gobbledegook stashed in his favourites file. Jeez ...

Last edited:
I can't follow the narrative of his return... What does it mean that he returned in his physical body 2 weeks prior the accident? Doesn't make any sense.

Wasn't the guy hospitalized after the accident? How did he recover after such a bad collision?

My understanding, making the assumptions here, is that "consciousness" could not rejoin with the body at the time of accident...tried and failed...therefore it looped back to a point two weeks earlier and joined it there. From the perspective of "William 1" (Let's call the individual of two weeks earlier this) the event was a kind of "dream" in which he appeared to be wearing a helmet he did not yet possess. The helmet is then given to him before the "William 2" event comes to pass physically.

I agree it's a bit odd that he doesn't mention subsequent hospitalization in the narrative. Indeed, an entire "post-William-2" portion of the tale seems to be missing in action. On the other hand, Dr. Long's questionnaire doesn't bother asking those kinds of questions either.

Last edited:
My understanding, making the assumptions here, is that "consciousness" could not rejoin with the body at the time of accident...tried and failed...therefore it looped back to a point two weeks earlier and joined it there. From the perspective of "William 1" (Let's call the individual of two weeks earlier this) the event was a kind of "dream" in which he appeared to be wearing a helmet he did not yet possess. The helmet is then given to him before the "William 2" event comes to pass physically.

I agree it's a bit odd that he doesn't mention subsequent hospitalization in the narrative. Indeed, an entire "post-William-2" portion of the tale seems to be missing in action. On the other hand, Dr. Long's questionnaire doesn't bother asking those kinds of questions either.

Hi, Kai, I originally was completely unable to understand this nder's narration, now I think I have got a bit understanding, thanks for your shedding light on this!

This time I understand what you mean, this nder was unable to realign with his dead body when he had gotten hit in that traffic accident, so he warped the temporal-spatial to back track to two weeks ago, and successfully realigned his body at that time which was sleeping, like entering a papallel universe, I may not be exactly hitting the point but sorta like that.

My mother-tongue has no tense inflections for verbs so please understanding my difficulty of comprehending all these, but Kai, I'm very grateful that your writing even made me start to understand all these. But if I make no mistake, this nder didn't mention after he had taken the role of "William 2", he had undertaken that traffic accident for the second time. If he relived these two weeks with finally having avoided that traffic accident, which had only been left into the original parallel universe, then, his previous memories are now no different than a dream.

Honestly I don't believe time travel, parallel universe, anything paranormal or science fictional, I don't believe them. So the most possible explanation for this nde, in my opinion, is another example of someone which has an imaginary fancy hobby. But I do not insist on this explanation, neither, since there is no proof to sustain it.

As I always say, it is depended on that, how many details he could remember and retell about that seemed imaginary accident, reality is about "contents full of details", imaginary always lacks details, or camouflages hollowness as "potential details", like some scenarios left unwritten by a novelist, or non existent ai script in a video game. They are void sheltered and overlooked by a narrator when he intends to disguise an illusion as a reality, not all for malicious purpose, though, someones are even self-deceived.

But, as a true skeptic, I do not claim my opinion to have any correctness, just all for candidate opinions.

Well, if this chap broke his neck as he says, it's *inconceivable*, even if the spinal cord wasn't severed, that he wouldn't be hospitalized after the event, which would surely have been a dramatic recovery process for the victim. It's not highly confidence inducing, as noted by our friend above, that this is missing from the report.

My understanding, making the assumptions here, is that "consciousness" could not rejoin with the body at the time of accident...tried and failed...therefore it looped back to a point two weeks earlier and joined it there.
But wasn't consciousness already "joined" two weeks earlier?
I have never heard that out-of-the-body consciousness could re-enter the body at a different time (when consciousness was already in-the-body). As far as I know "astral travelers" as well as NDErs have all sorts of time-altered experiences when projected outside but, when they return, they simply reconnect with the earthly timeline.

Yes there's a lot of missing details. And honestly, whichever way you look at it, it sounds very "thwilight zone".
Did he return home with a broken neck, two weeks in the past?
What did his parents and friends say? How could he justify what happened if at that point in time no accident had happened?

Or did he return in his healthy body as if nothing had happened? If so... did he relive the two prior weeks, with the same events... and then he had the motorcycle accident a second time?

The funny thing about the multiverse / many-worlds concept is that logic and the principle of cause and effect are essentially optional :D

Last edited:
Reactions: tim
Or did he return in his healthy body as if nothing had happened?
If this is the case (as seems to be implied, but not clearly explained), then it would then seem to be a case of vivid precognition. Was there a sense of continuing déjà vu throughout the subsequent days, where every action of both the experiencer and everyone around him was already known? This by itself would be a remarkable phenomenon, though it isn't mentioned. How did the period prior to the occurence of the accident the second time unfold - were there discrepancies, or did it occur again and again and ... ?

I don't know what to make of the account, it seems incomplete.

Yes, in essence, that's the problem.
I wish they had contacted the author and interviewed him more accurately.

That's the key issue in my mind. The Longs made a lot of it at the time, and still highlight it in their list, but there are no details about any follow up.

Back