Mod+ Dr Alan Sanderson - Spirit Release Foundation

Last edited:
I was thinking of "demonic possession" recently. Of course we know there's no such thing. How? Well because there's no such thing as demons? How do we know? No sensible person believes in demons. :D

Yeah if one is thinking of demons as physical entities then I too don't think there's any such things. However if one is talking about entities that don't have physical form, that's a whole different ball game.

I was thinking of "demonic possession" recently. Of course we know there's no such thing. How? Well because there's no such thing as demons? How do we know? No sensible person believes in demons. :D

Yeah if one is thinking of demons as physical entities then I too don't think there's any such things. However if one is talking about entities that don't have physical form, that's a whole different ball game.
I haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast, but I agree Saiko. That line of thinking is done with most psi/paranormal phenomena. It doesn't exist because no one in their right mind would believe they exist. IMO, anything is possible. Even unicorns .:)

Though, I don't believe demons do exist. But that is likely because of my own bias. Intuition (very scientific) tells me that the whole concept of "evil" and "Satan and his minions" don't exist in the way it's been postulated that they do. I think in many ways they are products of the mind. And I don't mean fabrications or hallucinations. I think it is something real, perhaps in spirit form or something, and demon, Satan, etc. is how the brain is interpreting this data. Perhaps this is so because our brain works by identifying objects according to what it knows. If there is no reference, then it picks the closest thing or forms some sort of amalgam of concepts, so you end up with some really bazaar stuff.
I just don't think evil exists in the biblical sense. I think the concept of "evil" is greatly misunderstood by man. Much like it's opposite, love.

The subject doesn't necessarily involve either demons or evil. Perhaps one of the case studies may help. In this example (Polly and Jane), one could if one wished, interpret some of the events as 'evil', but in my opinion, one can follow the ideas without introducing such concepts.
http://alansanderson.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Spirit Release Foundation - Case Studies.html
Right, I was just responding to what Saiko posted.

Interesting subject. I just had a chance to read through some of it. I see it's more about spirit attachment as an alternate causation of what would otherwise appear to be multiple personality disorder, or whatever it is they're calling it these days.

The case studies are compelling for sure, but the signs and symptoms sound like they could fit almost everyone at some point on their life. Unless they're postulating that everyone has a spirit attachment at one point. To be fair, according to mainstream psychiatry and the DSM IV, everyone is mentally ill. Maybe they are onto something after all. I'll have to mull that over for a while.

I think the concept of "evil" is greatly misunderstood by man. Much like it's opposite, love.
I agree. But that doesn't mean that there aren't humans who engage in thinks that - by most human values - are atrocities. So it also doesn't mean there aren't other entities that engage in stuff that we - in human form - assess in a similar fashion. When I mentioned demons I wasn't thinking of them in biblical terms.

The subject doesn't necessarily involve either demons or evil.
That's correct. The point is that it doesn't necessarily not involve demons. I stated nothing about "evil." But you are also doing what I mentioned, attempting to find explanations based in "well we know spirits don't possess people."

I agree. But that doesn't mean that there aren't humans who engage in thinks that - by most human values - are atrocities. So it also doesn't mean there aren't other entities that engage in stuff that we - in human form - assess in a similar fashion. When I mentioned demons I wasn't thinking of them in biblical terms.
Right, I was just working within the paradigm which I am most familiar, namely Christianity. It is true humans engage in atrocities, and I agree there is no reason to exclude the idea of there being other entities or lifeforms that are also capable of atrocities. But, what constitutes an atrocity is also based on perspective. Whose to say entities of another dimension or say, planetary system, would see their acts as atrocities? This goes back to idea that morality is situationaly dependent, IMO.

R But, what constitutes an atrocity is also based on perspective. Whose to say entities of another dimension or say, planetary system, would see their acts as atrocities? This goes back to idea that morality is situationaly dependent, IMO.
Yes. That's the entire point of my post. :)