Dr. Dan Wilson, Covid-19 Mask Science |490|

More misinformation for the pile. Druthers is a new paper in Canada designed to sell hate and confusion.
https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-region/2022/02/03/when-hateful-words-arrive-at-the-door.html
I haven't read the paper, so I can't verify whether or not the claims are true. What I can say is that I don't buy into the belief that just because somebody feels a certain way because of something they read, that it it justifies judging the content to be genuinely discriminatory or hateful or anything else. It needs to be unambiguous.

In this case, saying the offending beliefs were "hidden behind the veil of anti-vaccination rhetoric" sounds a lot to me like a pretty loose interpretation that could just as easily be an attack against legitimate concerns about vaccinations. Just using the term "anti-vaccination" is a pejorative that betrays bias, and calling it "rhetoric" sounds to me like offhanded dismissal rather than fair minded commentary.

I haven't read the paper, so I can't verify whether or not the claims are true. What I can say is that I don't buy into the belief that just because somebody feels a certain way because of something they read, that it it justifies judging the content to be genuinely discriminatory or hateful or anything else. It needs to be unambiguous.

In this case, saying the offending beliefs were "hidden behind the veil of anti-vaccination rhetoric" sounds a lot to me like a pretty loose interpretation that could just as easily be an attack against legitimate concerns about vaccinations. Just using the term "anti-vaccination" is a pejorative that betrays bias, and calling it "rhetoric" sounds to me like offhanded dismissal rather than fair minded commentary.

You're right of course because someone feels a certain way doesn't mean its genuinely discriminatory or hateful.
But it certainly sells papers when it is.
J

Back