Dr. Mark Pitstick After Death Communication Shatters Materialism |468|

The web sites. He has never gone deeper that I know of than he does in this show but pls pls do a quick search on that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I decided to tell my partner about the "spirit phone" and I said, "well, there is this guy who says he has a phone that will talk to the dead..." at this my partner looked at me sideways. So, I added, "all he needs is some money". That's when he said, "OH BROTHER!". I went on to tell him that the man was talking with Michael Jackson... now I got "the look". So I quickly added, "AND EINSTEIN!"

It was at this point I knew my argument was lost~~~~

I've thought a lot about too. I think the Bible was right about testing the spirits..if you're getting love, than that's the truth. Otherwise, how could we trust anything? If we're trapped by archons, we could not reach truth or trust anything.
Honestly, I think that isn't as easy as it sounds. If you loved the person, I think it would be easy to feel you were receiving love back, and then be unsure as to where it came from.

Ideally you need more than that.

David

Honestly, I think that isn't as easy as it sounds. If you loved the person, I think it would be easy to feel you were receiving love back, and then be unsure as to where it came from.

Ideally you need more than that.

David
I think it would require intuition as well. I just mean when it comes to knowing if it's a trick, you'd know by how the spirit behaves. It would show it's hand, intuitively. Why would a spirit play a trick anyway, unless it was hoping to gain something?

Reactions: Kim
I've thought a lot about too. I think the Bible was right about testing the spirits..if you're getting love, than that's the truth. Otherwise, how could we trust anything? If we're trapped by archons, we could not reach truth or trust anything.
It seems to me, regardless of the existence of archons, or if our limited consciousness is trapped in a cycle of reincarnation, the best reasoning of science and philosophy conclude that this physical reality is an illusion. We can choose to trust, but we can never know because of the illusory nature of physical reality. Knowing does not require trust, and I do know a few things for certain. I am conscious, I feel, I think, my thoughts affect my feelings, with some practice I can choose my thoughts. I have a will with which to make choices. I know I have a memory. When I choose to trust in something, I may be disappointed, and often am.

Interesting. You've just jogged my memory of a 'place' that I apparently sometimes go to before I fall asleep, that is magical and has a tangible 'food' like quality to it, as if being there excites my brain and loads up the happy chemicals. It's got a really very particular quality to it that is amazing, and one wishes to stay there longer, but I usually fall asleep!
That sounds like the edge between hynagogic & light sleep dreaming. I usually go through a short period of twitching & relaxing muscles, then a period of self-talk or chatter which can be quite interesting in an unrestrained fashion, like brainstorming, then I'm asleep. The 'place' I can only stick w/ briefly is usually in meditation; it's preceded by a sense of expansion, like my Cosmic Womb music recedes away, far away, then I'm sliding or traveling swiftly. When I'm 'there,' I often glimpse a hallway or most often a curving tunnel. Then I notice people in front of me smiling, some mouth words, gesture. Once, there was an ornate, high-backed armchair backed up to a wall & a man standing by it gestured toward it, like, 'Have a seat!' What is frustrating is that becoming aware of what is going on, like 'I am observing this now & not a part of it any more' ends the 'connection.'

A soul phone? Soul phone... well, this can be 1 of 5 things.
1). Crazy talk by someone looking for your money.
2). Real
3). Really horrible people taking advantage of people who are suffering.
4). People who wish it were so.
5). Something nasty & not honest out there talking smack.

LET'S LOOK!

Okay, so if they have communication with the "great beyond" surely they can ask them where the gold is buried & get money that way. I mean even with "yes or no" answers we could track down the location.

So...number 1 is looking like a possibility & #2 is looking less likely.

Items 3,4 & 5 should be avoided.

To prove his point I'm afraid he's going to have to tell us "where the gold is buried" for anyone to believe this one.

Michael Jackson? For Gods sake how stupid do people think we are? OR if I'm feeling generous, how self-deluded are some people?
If you're familiar w/ Edgar Cayce, he was a poor photographer & tried to make money by finding oil wells & calling horse races, but didn't have any luck. I remember one incident in which one unscrupulous person put him to 'sleep,' got some profitable information, & left Edgar w/ a severe headache. I think he earned a headache whenever he cooperated w/ someone to use his ability from gain, not service. It's been a very long time since I read any of that Cayce material, so forgive me if I'm inaccurate.
I agree that including Michael Jackson in their crew was unwise, but Dr. Pitstick appears unwaveringly honest about the experiments, so it would be the old 'sin of omission' to leave him out. Really, we aren't talking about 'Heaven' are we, if we give the post-material persons a residence, right? I therefore don't have a problem w/ a less than perfect person contributing. As the Dr. said, he'll let the A-team speak for themselves later on. Now, that should really be intriguing! Understandably, I am like most people & learning about this just now: this sounds so much like the Spiritual Medium craze of the late 18th century & early 19th century which Harry Houdini debunked & he & his wife were poisoned for doing so. Like Edgar Cayce, there was one man of that period whose name I cannot remember, like John Jamison something, who was a rare true example. He was so successful that he married into Russian nobility, but died of tuberculosis which I thought was odd. Why couldn't he heal himself? He was kicked out of his parent's house for tormenting his sister for chasing her around the apartment w/ a table that he powered w/ psychokinesis. He then had to make a living using his abilities. It was reported that he couldn't do demonstrations whenever he wished, but he had to 'recharge' after doing some. His most notable one involved floating himself out an open window in broad daylight & back inside again through a different window. The 'tricks' he did weren't very varied, but apparently someone convinced him to produce glowing, detached hands & other phenomena that were popular at the time. Except for extremely rare examples, until recently I had gave no credence to mediumship or psychics in general. I strongly believed most of them were frauds, talented tricksters, or great guessers.

Ancient wisdom books advise us not to dick around with disincarnate entities claiming to be dead loved ones.

This seems like good advice to me.

Following it has served me well.

I think it would require intuition as well. I just mean when it comes to knowing if it's a trick, you'd know by how the spirit behaves. It would show it's hand, intuitively. Why would a spirit play a trick anyway, unless it was hoping to gain something?
Well give me an example of how this would work in practice. You pick up your soul-phone (or get help from a medium) and the conversation proceeds:

Hi Mom, I'm so glad you are here, I have missed you so much!

Jane, I love you so much, though to be fair, you didn't come and see me very often while I was alive!

Oh Mom, that is true, but it is so nice that you are here!

etc.

Now how should Jane or a neutral participant evaluate that for its loving content? Wouldn't most people want something more concrete to make sure they were talking to their mother?

A trickster could obviously fake the above, and if he had sufficient psychic powers, he could answer any test question. This is basically the same problem as the super-psi argument against mediums. If you assume enough psychically gifted evil entities, you can dismiss any evidence.

That doesn't mean that it isn't reasonable to ask a few test questions. For example, Jane might ask, "Do you remember my 11th birthday?" knowing that it was special in some way - she was in hospital, or lost in a national park, or received a particularly exciting present. The reply would be very informative, I think - but would that count as testing the spirit in question?

David

It seems to me, regardless of the existence of archons, or if our limited consciousness is trapped in a cycle of reincarnation, the best reasoning of science and philosophy conclude that this physical reality is an illusion. We can choose to trust, but we can never know because of the illusory nature of physical reality. Knowing does not require trust, and I do know a few things for certain. I am conscious, I feel, I think, my thoughts affect my feelings, with some practice I can choose my thoughts. I have a will with which to make choices. I know I have a memory. When I choose to trust in something, I may be disappointed, and often am.
I think we can trust love and Oneness... Whenever I look upon myself or other's with love, a peace comes over me that I don't experience at any other time. That's the faith I want to cultivate.

Well give me an example of how this would work in practice. You pick up your soul-phone (or get help from a medium) and the conversation proceeds:

Jane, I love you so much, though to be fair, you didn't come and see me very often while I was alive!

etc.

Now how should Jane or a neutral participant evaluate that for its loving content? Wouldn't most people want something more concrete to make sure they were talking to their mother?

A trickster could obviously fake the above, and if he had sufficient psychic powers, he could answer any test question. This is basically the same problem as the super-psi argument against mediums. If you assume enough psychically gifted evil entities, you can dismiss any evidence.

That doesn't mean that it isn't reasonable to ask a few test questions. For example, Jane might ask, "Do you remember my 11th birthday?" knowing that it was special in some way - she was in hospital, or lost in a national park, or received a particularly exciting present. The reply would be very informative, I think - but would that count as testing the spirit in question?

David
I think that is a good point. I was really responding to the comment that archons could be completely manipulating us. That could be true but then, what would be the point of living at all. I choose to believe that Love is the only true reality...I guess when it comes to actual spirits, I think we can never truly know if that's the real spirit...but like I said, what's the point of faking it? If it makes us feel better, isn't that enough?

etc.
I don't think the content on this exchange is true to life. From my own experience, there tends to be joy and much laughter. I can't comment on whether the process being discussed would enable such a connection.

I don't think the content on this exchange is true to life. From my own experience, there tends to be joy and much laughter. I can't comment on whether the process being discussed would enable such a connection.
Well I tried to make the example hard to call - fake or real. I suppose most real conversations have some corroborating facts, but if they don't I think they could be no better than what a false medium might produce.

David

I think that is a good point. I was really responding to the comment that archons could be completely manipulating us. That could be true but then, what would be the point of living at all. I choose to believe that Love is the only true reality...I guess when it comes to actual spirits, I think we can never truly know if that's the real spirit...but like I said, what's the point of faking it? If it makes us feel better, isn't that enough?
Like I say, I think it is daft to demand total certaintity in this, but it is equally daft to assert that asking anything as a test is somehow "testing the spirit" and not to be done. Good mediums, such as Claire Broad, who was interviewed a while back, seem to welcome test questions.

David

Like I say, I think it is daft to demand total certaintity in this, but it is equally daft to assert that asking anything as a test is somehow "testing the spirit" and not to be done. Good mediums, such as Claire Broad, who was interviewed a while back, seem to welcome test questions.

David
Testing the spirit is a good thing.

R
Well, you said,

I take that to mean that you don't ask the spirits tricky questions, just feel the love (or lack thereof). Maybe I misunderstood you?

David
Right!! I had a family member who had a spirit attachment...at first he was enjoying the interaction but then he started to feel drained and realized the entity was stealing his energy. His intuition let him know something was wrong. I think the same thing with what we're talking about. If we meet a spirit, we'll know if it's them. I guess for the spirit box, it's more important to know but I guess I'm not convinced, that's very important.

R
Right!! I had a family member who had a spirit attachment...at first he was enjoying the interaction but then he started to feel drained and realized the entity was stealing his energy.
So was he able to rid himself of the attachment? Was it anybody he thought he knew?

David

So was he able to rid himself of the attachment? Was it anybody he thought he knew?

David
He was. I don't remember exactly how but I think he just told "her" to leave. It wasn't a family member but a lost soul, I think. I'm a little hazy on the details.

Back