English Lady talks with Chinese Accent after Migraine.

I've just watched a fascinating documentary on TV (IPlayer) about this lady. I can't find more up to date story's about her and can't find the documentary on YouTube. After a migraine in 2010 she woke up speaking English in a Chinese accent. It was apparent to me that it was as if she had grown up speaking English with a Chinese accent, like it was implanted in her brain.

I felt this case really highlighted how modern science is going in the wrong direction, they hadn't a clue what to say about what had possibly happened to her.

The case for some kind of field that Sheldrake and others talk about, I really wished that I could point her in this direction watching the programme. Bernardo Kastrup would surely make some sense of what she has experienced ? I hope she has an open enough mind to take such views onboard, if she is still searching, it might help to bring some kind of an answer.

It also raised so many issues for her and her husband(?), as well as showing many of our weaknesses in society. I liked her a lot.

I've just watched a fascinating documentary on TV (IPlayer) about this lady. I can't find more up to date story's about her and can't find the documentary on YouTube. After a migraine in 2010 she woke up speaking English in a Chinese accent. It was apparent to me that it was as if she had grown up speaking English with a Chinese accent, like it was implanted in her brain.

I felt this case really highlighted how modern science is going in the wrong direction, they hadn't a clue what to say about what had possibly happened to her.

The case for some kind of field that Sheldrake and others talk about, I really wished that I could point her in this direction watching the programme. Bernardo Kastrup would surely make some sense of what she has experienced ? I hope she has an open enough mind to take such views onboard, if she is still searching, it might help to bring some kind of an answer.

It also raised so many issues for her and her husband(?), as well as showing many of our weaknesses in society. I liked her a lot.

Wow, that is very interesting!

About 4 years ago the leader of a church small group that I attended had one of these "no-pain migraines" that scrambled his mind and speech. I didn't witness it, but he explained what happened to the group and asked for prayer. He is married with three kids and is the manager of a local grocery store - very straight laced guy in his mid forties and in good shape physically and no history of mental illness. He said that while he was at work one day he started giving some instructions to some employees and they just looked at him like he was crazy. He started speaking gibberish even though he was trying to speak plain English. His wife took him to the hospital and they found no evidence of stroke or anything else wrong, but blamed it on some kind of no pain migraine. I think he also had some kind of paranoid delusion while in the hospital. When he was explaining this to the group, it seemed like he still wasn't quite all there. He would start thoughts and have trouble finishing them... like he was still a little foggy brained. A week later he was completely back to normal.

I had never heard of such a thing before, but within a few days of this without even looking for it I started hearing about this happening all around the world - mostly to live news reporters. Apparently Judge Judy was also a victim of this.

Here's a compliation...

And here's more...
j/k :)

If I hadn't known the local grocery store manager had this happen to him at the exact same time all these reporters were having this happen to them, I might have thought this was either a weird coincidence or someone pulling a prank with some kind of weird technology (or maybe Jim Carry playing God). But I don't know why they would pick a grocery store manager to test out their prank brain scrambling machine. Something else must be at play here.

Wow, that is very interesting!

About 4 years ago the leader of a church small group that I attended had one of these "no-pain migraines" that scrambled his mind and speech. I didn't witness it, but he explained what happened to the group and asked for prayer. He is married with three kids and is the manager of a local grocery store - very straight laced guy in his mid forties and in good shape physically and no history of mental illness. He said that while he was at work one day he started giving some instructions to some employees and they just looked at him like he was crazy. He started speaking gibberish even though he was trying to speak plain English. His wife took him to the hospital and they found no evidence of stroke or anything else wrong, but blamed it on some kind of no pain migraine. I think he also had some kind of paranoid delusion while in the hospital. When he was explaining this to the group, it seemed like he still wasn't quite all there. He would start thoughts and have trouble finishing them... like he was still a little foggy brained. A week later he was completely back to normal.

I had never heard of such a thing before, but within a few days of this without even looking for it I started hearing about this happening all around the world - mostly to live news reporters. Apparently Judge Judy was also a victim of this.

Here's a compliation...

And here's more...
j/k :)

If I hadn't known the local grocery store manager had this happen to him at the exact same time all these reporters were having this happen to them, I might have thought this was either a weird coincidence or someone pulling a prank with some kind of weird technology (or maybe Jim Carry playing God). But I don't know why they would pick a grocery store manager to test out their prank brain scrambling machine. Something else must be at play here.
Never experienced it myself, but I really feel for these reporters. Losing ones faculties in a situation you really cant get out of (like talking publicly, on air on TV, or similar) most be, if not totally embarrassing, also be frightening as hell because the harder one try the worse it seems to get.

I remember the neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylors TED-talk when she spoke about her experience of having a stroke. When she knew that morning that something were really wrong with her, and she tried to phone for help, she said, paraphrased; "When I got in contact with my colleague over the phone and heard him speak to me he sounded like a Golden Retriever, and wondered what the hell was wrong with him!?! But when I, in turn, tried to speak to him, I realized that I also sounded like a Golden Retriever."

Listen to her talk here. It is really interesting & fascinating because she is very good to put words to her experience - and its emotional.

Last edited:

It's a really interesting phenomenon. Here are a few other cases;

Czech speedway rider knocked out in crash wakes up speaking perfect English.

When Matej Kus's teammates heard him talking after he was knocked out in a speedway accident, they were relieved he was conscious.

But they were also a little surprised.

For although the 18-year- old Czech knew only the most basic English phrases, he was conversing fluently in the language with paramedics.
Peter Waite, the promoter for Kus's team, the Berwick Bandits, said: "I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"It was in a really clear English accent, no dialect or anything. Whatever happened in the crash must have rearranged things in his head.

"Before his crash Matej's use of the English language was broken, to put it mildly.

"He was only just making a start on improving it and struggled to be understood, but was keen to learn.

"Yet here we were at the ambulance door listening to Matej talking to the medical staff in perfect English.

"Matej didn't have a clue who or where he was when he came round. He didn't even know he was Czech.

"It was unbelievable to hear him talk in unbroken English."

Alas, Kus's new-found language skills didn't last.

The teenager, who injured a knee in Sunday's accident in Glasgow, is once more struggling to make himself understood in English.

After flying home to the Czech Republic to recover, he said - through an interpreter - that he remembered nothing of the accident or of the following two days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ked-crash-wakes-speaking-perfect-English.html

Another one;

Car crash victim wakes up from coma speaking fluent Chinese.
Being in a coma for week was reportedly a fast track method of learning Mandarin for this young man.

Ben McMahon, from Melbourne, Australia, would have been happy to just wake up following a serious car crash but he also apparently found he was able to speak the foreign language.

After writing down the words ‘I love my mum, I love my dad, I will recover,’ in the Chinese dialect, the 22-year-old went on to exclusively speak it for the next few days.

‘I wasn’t consciously thinking I was speaking Mandarin, it was what just came out and it was what was most natural to me,’ he said.

Australian woman sounds French after car crash

When Leanne Rowe began her arduous recovery after a car crash that left her jaw and back broken, little could the Tasmanian woman have predicted one of the most vexing problems to come from the accident.

In the eight years since the accident, she has been speaking with what sounds like a French accent.

"Slowly, as my jaw started to heal, they said that I was slurring my words because I was on very powerful tablets," she told ABC.

Family doctor Robert Newton believes Rowe has the very rare Foreign Accent Syndrome (FAS), a speech disorder for which there have only been around 100 cases ever reported.

FAS leaves the speaker with a perceived foreign accent. Most often caused by stroke or traumatic brain injury, it has also been reported in cases that involve multiple sclerosis and conversion disorder.

NPR reports that the most famous case was a Norwegian woman who was hit by shrapnel in World War II; she developed a German accent and was ostracized as a result. Other cases include a British woman who developed a Chinese accent following a migraine, and another British woman who had a stroke and now sounds French. Other reported cases include accent changes from Japanese to Korean, British English to French, American-English to British English, and Spanish to Hungarian.