Evps

TheRaven

I hope I’m not spamming this section of the forum since I do have multiple posts here. I apologize if I’m annoying anyone. I was wondering if anyone here has personally recorded any evps(electronic voice phenomena)? For me, these are one of the most convincing evidence of ghosts and an afterlife. I have recorded multiple sessions of evps with some pretty spectacular results. I plan on uploading them when I can firstly figure out how and when I have time. But for now I wanted to see if anyone else on Skeptiko has ever tried it, and were the results impressive?

I can't see why you would consider this subject spamming. I have listened to a few of these recordings in the past, but never been totally convinced by them.

I suggest you upload them to a data sharing site and then post a link with an explanation of the context.

David

I can't see why you would consider this subject spamming. I have listened to a few of these recordings in the past, but never been totally convinced by them.

I suggest you upload them to a data sharing site and then post a link with an explanation of the context.

David

I meant spamming the Extended Consciousness forum as I have a lot of posts here at the moment. I firstly have to get the recordings to my computer then I’ll try what you suggested. However, my computer is having some issues that are going to need to be resolved before I can continue. Evps do range in quality so perhaps you heard some lower end ones? I find the most convincing evps to be the ones where the “spirit” answers back to a question you asked. For example, ‘How did you die?’ The spirit will answer back with ‘strangled’ etc. These types of evps are harder to get and to come by so I completely understand your skepticism.

Do you actually make these recordings yourself? Are there any preferred electronic techniques to observe this phenomenon? I remember that as a kid I would experiment with electronic circuits (nothing to do with EVP), and sometimes radio (presumably) signals would break in - I guess it is important to avoid that.

Yes, answering specific requests sounds helpful. It would also be good to hear the signal for a reasonable period of time to convince everyone that the only voice like sounds are in an appropriate context.

David

Yes I do record myself. It does not take fancy equipment in order to get good quality. I alternate between using an Olympus recorder and my iPad recorder. Both have gotten good results. As for radio signals, it is pretty hard to avoid that. However, it is easy to differentiate between radio signals and spirit voices. Any recording that I am not sure of I automatically debunk as a radio signal, so the skeptics won’t have my head on a platter!
I believe there has been research done with evps, where scientists tried to recreate the voices, and they were not successful at all. Many came to the conclusion that they were actual spirit voices. There is an article on it, so I’ll look to see if I can find it. Also, I forgot to mention that another good piece of evidence is when spirits make ‘comments’ about the person or people in the room/house. For example, I once was in a session and asked the spirit I was communicating with, let’s call her Lily, to tell me me how many people were in the house. She answered back six, I was puzzled as there are only five people in my family, including myself. Once I was done with the session, I went out into the living room and saw that my brother had his boyfriend with him. That was one of my beginner sessions so needless to say I was quite freaked out!

Thank you, Malf! I did a search on evps on the website and for some reason, this thread didn’t come up.
Same. Not sure why some threads and older posters are hidden? Try searching for ‘The Ethical Skeptic’, for example.

hey sorry if this is weird promotion, but i seen a youtube channel called mortis the wizard who seems to have pretty good evp's on it , might be worth checking (along with maybe one or two others)

kind of a bit of a task to wade through fake ghost videos to find decent evidence (feels as if the fake ghost stuff is unintentionally/intentionally there to discredit)

Back