Flat Earth (Serious discussion. Please, no mocking)

I believe the following...

• Total voters
No explorer has ever traversed the South Pole. And in regards to your second question, I have no idea. Why don't you find one and ask? Idiot.

I see, you don't want mocking in this thread, but you wish to call people idiots for giving examples. Perhaps you should follow your own rules.

Reactions: tim
My answer is "The Earth is probably a shape not listed above" (approximately an oblate spheroid). I suppose that's what most people think.

Spherical was an option on the survey. Why didn't you select it? Spheroid and spherical mean the same thing. And I meant my question in post #4.

I will bite. Why would the heavenly bodies be round? The moon, and the near planets that are easily seen with a telescope? Couldn't we just assume that the earth was a body like all these others and likely roughly a sphere?

Felicity Aston's route went through the pole. And even if it had not, what would she be looking at when she gazed across the pole marker? Surely you don't require that the person walk "straight across" the pole without changing direction.

Okay, I'll look into it. I do require a team with cameras to walk in a straight line however, until they reach some kind of an edge.

Last edited:
Back