For those looking to tease their brains

Arouet

Just wanted to pass on this site that has captivated me for the last couple weeks. The site is Rankk.org and it is for those who enjoy logic based puzzles, riddles, cryptograms, math problems and the like. It has about 325 challenges with increasing difficulty spread out over 9 levels (though even on the easiest difficulty most require some thought).

People with programming experience will have an edge though you can do most of the early level challenges without it (or with some googling you can pick up enough to solve them in any event). In later levels apparently you really need to know how to code to solve some of the challenges (I haven't got that high yet). I had recently done the javascript tutorial at codeacademy which has given me at least some familiarity that I've found helpful. I know there are a couple real coders on Skeptiko and I suspect you will really have fun there!

I've never felt so smart (when I solve a challenge that had me stumped) or so dumb (when I look at a challenge don't even have a clue how to proceed!) Catch is you are not allowed to discuss the solutions with anyone or post them publicly. These are meant to be personal accomplishments.

Anyhow, if any of that sounds appealing you should check it out. I'm Arouet on there as well.

Last edited:
Thats great Bart! How are you finding it? Also, I know that's an easy one but we're really not supposed to post or discuss any hints or solutions so maybe you can delete that part of your post?

Thats great Bart! How are you finding it? Also, I know that's an easy one but we're really not supposed to post or discuss any hints or solutions so maybe you can delete that part of your post?
Great, but difficult, stuff, and a time thief, i have to watch out for that.
A bit to much coding puzzles for my taste though.

I'm certainly not a virus expert, but the pop up warnings I received were troubling. I find no good reason for a benign website to have coded in such popups. It may be perfectly safe, but I'm not going back to risk finding out. No offense intended Arouet, but you'll pardon me if I don't take your assertion of it being "perfectly safe". ;)

I'm certainly not a virus expert, but the pop up warnings I received were troubling. I find no good reason for a benign website to have coded in such popups. It may be perfectly safe, but I'm not going back to risk finding out. No offense intended Arouet, but you'll pardon me if I don't take your assertion of it being "perfectly safe". ;)
No offence taken. That challenge gave me a bit of a alarm at first as well. But we're not supposed to share tips so other than saying I'm pretty sure it's safe I'll just leave it.

No offence taken. That challenge gave me a bit of a alarm at first as well. But we're not supposed to share tips so other than saying I'm pretty sure it's safe I'll just leave it.
Arouet :) you love sticking to the rules! I'm guessing you're a first child?

Will check out the site. Also a reminder that if anyone fancies a game of chess look for 'malf' on chess.com.

Back