Future Interviews

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by Sciborg_S_Patel, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Dean Radin wrote:
    http://deanradin.blogspot.com/2014/...howComment=1397671552280#c7109696302339332504

2. K9!

K9! New

Steve likes this.
  3. Bart V

Bart V straw materialist Member

From another post in another thread, these two links to NDE studies:
    Characteristics of Near-Death Experiences Memories as Compared to Real and Imagined Events Memories
    and
    Near-death experiences in non-life-threatening events and coma of different etiologies.

Allex, if you are looking for a guest who is familiar with NDE research, and is skeptical NDE's being evidence for an afterlife, then consider Steven laureys.
    He would make an excellent guest to have on this show, his expertise is in the field of minimum states of consciousness.

4. I'd classify Coyne as a philistine in the manner of Neil Degrasse Tyson, given their inability to genuinely comprehend what goes on in the disciplines outside science.

Consider Coyne on Intentionality.

5. radicalpolitik

radicalpolitik New

Or rather outside their own disciplines. If you put yourself resolutely in one field, then it is unlikely you'd branch out elsewhere to any significant degree.

Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.
  6. Which is fine until they think they can answer questions they don't understand.

7. radicalpolitik

radicalpolitik New

And why they resort to screaming "woo meisters"

K9! and Sciborg_S_Patel like this.
  8. RHC

RHC New

I just want to second Patricia Pearson. I just finished her book and she would be an ideal guest.

K9! likes this.
  9. Reece

Reece Member

Home Page:
    @alex.tsakiris

I'd live to hear you interview Carol Zaleski, author of Otherworld Journeys, which is on older NDEs

10. EthanT

EthanT Member

Home Page:
    @alex.tsakiris

Sciborg mentioned a great potential interview earlier in the Bernardo Kastrup thread:

Josephson! ;-)

Jessica Utts would also make for an interesting interview, especially given how often statistics get brought up around here. Perhaps she could bring clarity to the claims made by skeptics that some of these studies are not as significant as they seem.

Given the release of the big meta analysis confirming his work, would even be nice to hear from Bem again.

Thanks!

Trancestate and Sciborg_S_Patel like this.
  11. Do I CC Alex on the request email?

Or should I just see if Josephson is interested and come back and let Alex know to make the arrangements?

12. EthanT

EthanT Member

Home Page:
    I'd probably CC. Also, if Alex pings Josephson too, maybe that would make him more likely to come on the show. Hard to say!

13. RHC

RHC New

SciFiFanatic101 and EthanT like this.
  14. Another guy that might be worth getting in a bit is Yale compsci prof David Gelernter, who wrote The Closing of the Scientific Mind.

His book Subjectivism: The Mind from Inside will be published by Norton some time this year - would be good to get the interview around then.

K9! likes this.
  15. I don't think the cognitive scientist Donald Hoffman has been interviewed?

He's an idealist like Bernardo, but comes at it from a different direction. I'd be curious to see what he thinks of phenomenon such as Psi & NDEs.

Here's his Sages & Scientists presentation.

16. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

I believe Alex did interview him, but for some reason he has never posted the result! I'd love to hear him interviewed!

David

17. RHC

RHC New

I think Captain Robert Snow would be a very interesting interview. Here is his background from Amazon.

he wrote a very interesting little book documenting tracking down what was veridical in some past lives regression sessions he went through. The contrast between his police background and his experience is particularly interesting. Fun read.

http://www.amazon.com/Looking-Carro...&sr=1-1&keywords=looking+for+carroll+beckwith

Typoz likes this.
  18. Alex

Alex New

looks like another good one. just kinda backed up with a lot of interviews right now... not sending out invites for awhile.

19. Alex

Alex New

interesting!

20. RHC

RHC New

I want to second Sci''s suggestion. I read the article he links to today and after visiting his faculty profile page had the same thought.

Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.