Future Interviews

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by Sciborg_S_Patel, Jan 30, 2014.

1. lhl

lhl Member

I'm well aware that Michael Prescott was already invited to Skeptiko and that he declined. But now it's been a while and maybe he would change his mind if was asked again? I, for one, would be fascinated to hear him on Skeptiko!

2. radicalpolitik

radicalpolitik New

How about Julia Mossbridge. Her presentiment work is fantastic. Or Stephen Baumgauter. Both are neuroscientists.

3. K9!

K9! New

Now that we are back to UFOs as a topic, it would be great to get Jacques Vallee on the show. He's been doing talks and interviews on the subject in the past year, so maybe he would consider doing Skeptiko. His website gives a mailing address in California as contact information.

http://jacquesvallee.net/index.html

RHC, Ian Gordon and Super Sexy like this.
  4. Super Sexy

Super Sexy New

Where?

Does he require hand written letters and interviews to be done by telegraph as well? Please.

5. K9!

K9! New

You could send him a letter to ask.

Sciborg_S_Patel and Super Sexy like this.
  6. Alex

Alex New

I'm up for it... pls pursue.

Super Sexy likes this.
  7. I'm actually thinking of trying to visit him. Maybe I'll dress up as an alien. ;-)

K9! likes this.
  8. K9!

K9! New

If you have an email address, could you send me a PM?

edit: Never mind. I found it! (Thank goodness I can read French.)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.
  9. K9!

K9! New

I'll see what I can come up with.

10. Ian Gordon

Ian Gordon Ninshub Member

Alex, you said in a recent podcast you'd do a revisit of crop circles. If you haven't chosen your guest yet, I think circle maker Matthew Williams would be an interesting, ├╝ber-knowledgeable skeptical voice and critic of the crop circle researchers. And he's repeatedly said in his videos that despite his view that all crop circles are probably man-made, he's experienced psi phenomena around them, and in one video I also heard him say he believes there's an afterlife. So definitely not your typical, predictable "Skeptic".

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    K9! likes this.
  11. Super Sexy

Super Sexy New

Alex,

I strenuously recommend David Ray Griffin as a Skeptiko guest. His scholarship covers a lot of ground including theology, philosophy of mind, parapsychology, you name it.

He's also authored 10 books on 9/11... If you're interested, I'll of course do the initial leg work. Just let me know, boss.

12. tim

tim New

You cheeky sod !

K9!, Sciborg_S_Patel and Super Sexy like this.
  13. Types With Fingers

Types With Fingers New

I'd like to suggest a future interview with Lorna Byrne (www.lornabyrne.com). For those who don't know, she's an Irish Catholic who not only had two NDEs, but says that since she was little, she's been able to see and talk with angels, exactly as she would with you and me. I know this is way into the spirituality side of Skeptiko than the science side, but as angels are mentioned prominently across the three Abrahamic religions, have been witnessed in several NDEs (eg Howard Storm), yet seem to have rarely been covered on this show, it could open up new areas for Alex and us to explore, as well as hopefully possible scientific applications.

14. Types With Fingers

Types With Fingers New

Also, while I'm here, may I suggest a future interview with Bob Olson of Afterlife TV (http://www.afterlifetv.com )? For those who don't know, Bob hosts a show which is like a more spiritual version of Skeptiko,and also is webmaster for a database of ranked psychics and mediums, which Im sure someone like Alex or Dr. Julie Beischel would find inttriguing. ATV appears to be focused on actual applications of spiritual phenomena in our lives rather than building the hard data base on the paranormal that Skeptiko aims for, so it seems the two shows complement each other, and I think Alex and Bob would have a good and lively exchange of information.

Or, you know, whatever. I'm a sky-bison, not a matchmaker.

Typoz and Super Sexy like this.
  15. politicaljunkie

politicaljunkie New

Super Sexy likes this.
  16. Chris

Chris Guest

All right, all right, maybe my nomination of Super Sexy as the site's official "meeter and greeter" was a mistake.

17. politicaljunkie

politicaljunkie New

thank-you darling.

Super Sexy likes this.
  18. Alex

Alex New

looks interesting... but what would you want to ask him that he hasn't already said?

19. politicaljunkie

politicaljunkie New

Good question. I guess it would be just interesting for someone who is a panpsychist to appear on the show. I know we've had one at least, (Christof Koch). He's also pretty skeptical of survival research, which might add an interesting dimension, as he definitely sees consciousness as something fundamental. Another point is that it's nice to have a philosopher on the show every so often who isn't completely in line with the current consensus.

20. Types With Fingers

Types With Fingers New

Maybe we could ask him what's up with this recent flood of spam bots.