Mod+ Global Consciousness Project and the death of Nelson Mandela: The implications.

The global consciousness project utilizes REGs or Random Event Generators to measure the focus of human attention by using instruments that are placed all over the world. Significant events are predicted to have a significant impact on the readings obtained from the REGs. The death of Nelson Mandela is reflected in this data providing further evidence that this project is actually a mechanism for measuring the focus of humanity.

Not surprisingly, many people suggested Mandela's passing should be on our list of global events. The GCP event was set for 24 hours, beginning almost an hour before his death, with a time period modeled on Ted Kennedy, Michael Jackson, and similar to Pope John. The result is Chisquare 87332.851 on 86400 df, for p = 0.013 and Z = 2.238.

It is interesting to look at the 24 hour graph of the GCP DOT excursions for late Dec 5 to Dec 6. It shows a large proportion of orange and red, indicating high coherence or correlation on an ongoing average basis. This is consonant with the persistent positive deviation in the formal analysis.

http://teilhard.global-mind.org/mandela.dies.html

I have no idea what you said up there but the reality of thought driving, er, reality is a concept of paramount importance. It underpins Oneness, drives a wedge between racial, religious, sexual and other assorted dividers of humanity.

If we as a human population are intrinsically one and the same, are chips off the same Creator block, as the GCP so strongly evidences, maybe, just maybe, we can turn the corner to true spirituality.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you said up there but the reality of thought driving, er, reality is a concept of paramount importance. It underpins Oneness, drives a wedge between racial, religious, sexual and other assorted dividers of humanity.

If we as a human population are intrinsically one and the same, are chips of the same Creator block, as the GCP so strongly evidences, maybe, just maybe, we can turn the corner to true spirituality.
Yes, it is further evidence that we are all connected in the form of a field effect and that we can have an impact (albeit in this case a small one) on the world we perceive to be external to us.

(Sorry for the gobbledygook - I put it there to satisfy the sceptical types.)
Jules

Dont get me wrong i accept mind putting structure into random events.
The GCP seems to show a kind of real time thing going on as people become aware of the event.
I'm just wondering if there's a way of filtering out retro experimenter effects.
psi works in funny ways and feedback/observing the data in the future can have back action (See H. Schmidt - this parapsychologists work in the 70's/80's)
in some ways it'd be great if it was Oneness -

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong i accept mind putting structure into random events.
The GCP seems to show a kind of real time thing going on as people become aware of the event.
I'm just wondering if there's a way of filtering out retro experimenter effects.
psi works in funny ways and feedback/observing the data in the future can have back action.
it'd be great if it definately was Oneness.
Interestingly with 09/11 conciousness anticipated the event by some hours.

Last edited:
Before you all pat each other on the back claiming 'see I told you so' you have got to keep this in mind.
It is important to keep in mind that we have only a tiny statistical effect, so that it is always hard to distinguish signal from noise. This means that every "success" might be largely driven by chance, and every "null" might include a real signal overwhelmed by noise. In the long run, a real effect can be identified only by patiently accumulating replications of similar analyses.
Most of you here champion your independence by claiming freewill. Why then, does being connected have so much appeal?

Before you all pat each other on the back claiming 'see I told you so' you have got to keep this in mind.
You are quite right, and the relationship is one of correlation. But with the years of study now and the observed data correlating with deaths of world leaders, 9/11 and other such phenomena it becomes increasingly difficult to ignore as a statistical phenomenon. Take a look at the variance shown over New Years 1999-2008

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/intro_bottom.html
Most of you here champion your independence by claiming freewill. Why then, does being connected have so much appeal?
I make no claim to free-will in its full extrapolation. I think most people want to understand how things work and to have an externalisation of what they sense to be true in their lives in general. For me I need no such evidence. As an empath the knowledge that we are all connected is imposed upon me and is inescapable. It makes life difficult at times but there is payback for that....

Last edited:
I make no claim to free-will in its full extrapolation. I think most people want to understand how things work and to have an externalisation of what they sense to be true in their lives in general. For me I need no such evidence. As an empath the knowledge that we are all connected is imposed upon me and is inescapable. It makes life difficult at times but there is payback for that....
What do you have to say about this part?
It is important to keep in mind that we have only a tiny statistical effect, so that it is always hard to distinguish signal from noise. This means that every "success" might be largely driven by chance, and every "null" might include a real signal overwhelmed by noise. In the long run, a real effect can be identified only by patiently accumulating replications of similar analyses.
How does it work? You are then asking how the global consciousness field works, not that it exists?

What do you have to say about this part?
Are you asking how I think things work?

How does it work? You are then asking how the global consciousness field works, not that it exists?
No I'm not asking how it works or whether or not it exists. I know it exists and that is all I personally require. I accept though that other people have different needs and if I can I will help them with that.

The guys who KNOW what the noise signal needs to do i.e. the way it should correlate to give an effect - especially if they get feedback. They're the 1st port of call!;)
Would have thought to support a Global Mind the consistancey (no matter how small the effect) would be very high compared to single person psi - just an idea anyway:eek:.
Jules - the anticipation thing is interesting though..

Last edited:
The guys who KNOW what the noise signal needs to do i.e. the way it should correlate to give an effect - especially if they get feedback. They're the 1st port of call!;)
Would have thought to support a Global Mind the consistancey (no matter how small the effect) would be very high compared to single person psi - just an idea anyway:eek:.
Jules - the anticipation thing is interesting though..
Hmmm I wouldn't make that assumption. These are just random number generators. We are not directing our attention towards them, we're not attached to them, they're not in danger, their wellbeing doesn't impinge upon our lives, there's no distress or pain or "experience" we need to be a part of. They are picking up the background ripples in a universal pool (Bernado would like that metaphor) - there is nothing directed towards the RNGs specifically. When I make a connection to someone then my intent is directed towards them and that is a different type of experience.

Last edited:
Does any body have any concepts on what global consciousness is?
Is it like Jungian collective, Morphic resonance - what??
It seems to work in a way which is compatible with Jung's Collective Unconscious model or Sheldrake's Morphic Fields. I guess the more evidence which emerges, the more it is a case of let the games begin to explain it,

Steve001... pls stay in the CD forum.

The global consciousness project utilizes REGs or Random Event Generators to measure the focus of human attention by using instruments that are placed all over the world. Significant events are predicted to have a significant impact on the readings obtained from the REGs. The death of Nelson Mandela is reflected in this data providing further evidence that this project is actually a mechanism for measuring the focus of humanity.
l
thx. Peter Bancel recently published some great stuff on the GCP... I will find and re-post.