Grant Cameron – Classified documents suggest UFO/consciousness link |324|

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by Alex, Aug 11, 2016.

1. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

Unfortunately, that is also rather my impression of the Electric Universe crowd. However, Ron Hatch does seem to have some standing in the GPS community:

http://www.gps.gov/governance/advisory/members/hatch/

His talk would be well worth your time, I think.

Remember also that it was LoneShaman who first recommended this video.

David

2. Yeah I've wondered about the "Unseen Light" myself. I've mentioned it before but I like this account of a mystic vision recounted in Beyond Physicalism:

"I found that I was no longer looking at it, but was it; a distinct, indescribable, but in no way vague, still less emotional, shift of consciousness into the plant itself. Or rather I and the plant were one and indistinguishable; as if the plant were a part of my consciousness. I dared scarcely to breathe, held in a kind of fine attention in which I could sense the very flow of life in the cells. I was not perceiving the flower but living it. I was aware of the life of the plant as a slow flow or circulation of a vital current of liquid light of the utmost purity."

That idea, "vital current of liquid light", struck me as an interesting phrase.

3. Ethan, how would you define "non-local hidden variable"?

I see these terms a lot but it's not clear if they mean the same things to everyone - especially the "non-local".

4. Typoz

Typoz Member

You mean the guy who would throw tantrums and resort to ridicule rather than give a well-argued, evidence-based response? Hardly a recommendation.

malf likes this.
  5. David Bailey

He also brought a wealth of knowledge and ideas to this forum - I'd love to have him return. We all have our off days!

David

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Arouet likes this.
  6. Arouet

Arouet Member

I had a similar question. In this context would the standard definitions even apply? We're talking about properties that are not currently incorporated in the formulas at all.

What if experience has only the slightest effect on the dynamics of a particle. An analogy might be a shudder. And perhaps the intensity of it varies given the nature of the particular experience but mostly within a limited range. Could the proportions average out to something that approximates the uncertainty distribution we observe in QM? Would that be considered non-local? We're talking about intrinsic fundamental properties within a single particle. Does the concept of locality even apply here? Or could it be local but not contemplated by the bell experiments.

I'm not suggesting I believe this is the case, just exploring the idea.

Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.
  7. manjit

manjit New

Talking about UFOs, top secret government memos, high ranking military personnel, Roswell and my posts from the other day in this thread, two very timely blog posts, worth reading for those with an interest & directly relevant to what I wrote the other day:

http://historydeceived.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/human-deception-at-playduring-ufo-wave.html

http://ufotrail.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/mirage-men-conclusively-linked-to-ufo.html

Trancestate likes this.
  8. manjit

manjit New

Did eventually listen to this one the other day - over 2 hours long!

I did really enjoy this one, especially the second half which was really thought provoking.

Not sure if I agree or fully understand Alex's comment of "everything must be true", or personally able to reconcile Cameron's belief in recovered aliens, spaceships, the government knowing so much about it, women piloting nuts & bolts spaceships with their mind in their dreams etc, with the ideas he promotes in the 2nd half of the interview re. the consciousness aspect?

Having spend many years thinking over these things, I cannot help but feel Cameron is a little confused and muddled in his thinking regarding these ideas as they appear contradictory in many ways. For example, just how do people fly nuts & bolts UFOs with their minds during dreams, what is the precise mechanism there?

Still, I did enjoy this interview and the 2nd half was intriguing! Thanks!

9. K9!

K9! New

http://www.presidentialufo.com/

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Alex and Ian Gordon like this.
  10. Is there a write up of this information anywhere? I'm interested, but not 1:41:04 interested.

Thanks

malf likes this.
  11. TDuer23

TDuer23 Member

Hey everybody, I listened to the podcast and thought it had many interesting points. Regarding Alex's first question, I am not really sure if I believe in UFO's. I am very open to the possibility, and it seems very likely to be true, but still exploring it. I was also wondering what your stance is on these matters, Alex? I feel quite confused about all of this and because of that, I was thinking to bring it up again to hear more what others have to say.
    I must admit that I am a bit surprised that this topic hasn't been covered here that much on skeptiko, due to the massive implications it would have on everything we know about this world, and so many of the topics discussed here on skeptiko, if indeed was true.
    At the risk of sounding gullible, I was also wondering what you all think of Steven Greer? He speaks very confidently, about these matters, and he goes really far with this conspiracy of UFO's, that sometimes it just feels way too much out there. And yet, I still feel like if all of this is true, and especially if you experienced what he claims to have experienced - phoenix lights, NDE, Atacama Humanoid, briefing the CIA Director, briefing the Clintons, etc.. then there is a limit to how much you should refrain yourself from coming out with this, especially when such issues are so easily ridiculed and scoffed at. It seems to me like he portrays a fuller and more detailed picture than most of the other people in the field, and I am wondering why that is. Does it have to do with him not being skeptical enough, and too sure of himself, or perhaps he is doing what others are not doing all the way? It would seem to me like if there really is a massive conspiracy, as so many people point to such as Grant, then Steven Greer discusses topics that are really just a step or two away from that, and is giving the topic the push it needs.
    I saw that some people here dismissed him as a fraud? help me out here? other thoughts anybody?
    thx,

12. Alex

Alex New

to me, the evidence seems overwhelming.

I agree... massive implications. many skeptiko episodes:
    http://skeptiko.com/category/consciousness-research/alien-contact/

Steven Greer is a lightening rod kinda character... lotta different reactions. But some of what he says seems very solid. He's provided darn good documentation for his "dinner party CIA briefing" story. This alone gives him major cred.

Sounds to me like you're bumping up against the "how can this be" question I always talk about :) Yeah, it's a bizarre world that we live in when all this stuff is "proven" and everyone just marches off to the mall like zombies.

13. TDuer23

TDuer23 Member

Hey Alex, thanks for replying.

It's nice to know where you stand here.

I watched many of the shows on that link you posted but not all of them. I still feel like there are many gaps in these shows regarding this field, and I am not quite able to get a clear picture of what is really going on here. Perhaps I need to get more acquainted with the data. any recommendations could be nice. I am still honestly baffled by this, and how it is possible that this is such a widespread phenomenon and yet there are no crystal clear pictures/ videos of a sighting, as many would expect there to be. I understand there might be reasons for that as well, but it's still quite strange that it's so.

I don't think that I am bumping against this question of how this can be in the way you mentioned. I think that in a way death itself is crazier than anything mentioned on this show, and i would be fascinated by such a worldview shift if i would be convinced. of course it's scary as well, but still..
    I just want to know what is actually going on, and I think it's crucial to be careful here before jumping on the wagon. but it is indeed a bizarre world we live in.

Regarding Steven Greer, have you considered having him on the show? I sure would be interested, as you might have guessed ;).

14. David Bailey

It does get the odd mention, here and there :)

David

15. K9!

K9! New

Bucky and Ian Gordon like this.
  16. K9!

K9! New

17. K9!

K9! New

Ian Gordon likes this.
  18. K9!

K9! New

In this talk, Grant Cameron says Michael Talbot went to Budd Hopkins for help as a UFO abductee and that his book, The Holographic Universe, was given to him through a download experience.

Apparently Talbot talked about his poltergeist and UFO experiences on Thinking Allowed, but that part of the interview is not on youtube as far as I could tell.

http://www.thinkingallowed.com/2mtalbot.html

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Trancestate and Steve like this.
  19. K9!

K9! New

Jim_Smith likes this.

20. 19:59: "It's all consciousness ... people fly the ships with their mind".

It is a funny way to say it, but he is saying it isn't all consciousness because the implication is that there are ships and they are real hardware ships.

With regard to "magic" ie UFO and paranormal phenomena being tied together ... I've mentioned before: we used to get an alien coming through at a class I atteneded on spirit communication.
    https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/mystical_experiences#mystical_aliens

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    K9! likes this.