Interpretations of QM

Reece

Something I've been curious about is the intentional distancing of psi and QM by, especially, proponents. I'm not savvy enough to understand why, exactly. Haven't significant, historical figures/scientists at least hinted that there might be a connection? Why does it seem to me that everyone plays down the strangeness of QM and is extremely shy if making interpretations? It's a subject that seems very rarely talked about . . . Surely it has more relevance than it's given credit for here, right?

Can someone help me out?

I think QM helps elucidate the interaction between consciousness and the physical realm.

I tend to disagree with theories that try to use QM to explain consciousness and survival of consciousness after death because such theories seem to me to be only poorly defined speculations intended to preserve physicalism, while ignoring the hard problem of consciousness, much of the evidence for the afterlife, and evidence for what it is like in the afterlife that we have from reports of NDEs and mediumistic communications.

These speculations are often proposed as a means of convincing materialists to take ESP and survival of consciousness seriously - so they might have some value if they succeed at that - although I think ultimately they are leading people in the wrong direction. I don't believe consciousness can be explained by physics.

Last edited:
Something I've been curious about is the intentional distancing of psi and QM by, especially, proponents. I'm not savvy enough to understand why, exactly. Haven't significant, historical figures/scientists at least hinted that there might be a connection? Why does it seem to me that everyone plays down the strangeness of QM and is extremely shy if making interpretations? It's a subject that seems very rarely talked about . . . Surely it has more relevance than it's given credit for here, right?

Can someone help me out?
??? Other than by some orthodox researchers I haven't seen intentional distancing or playing down of QM effects. Even among the staus-quo noted scientists Bohm, Planck and currently Goswami among others get into the stuff.

Back