Mod+ Jacques Vallee IONS talk 2012

S

Sciborg_S_Patel

This made me think of Vallee:

"every nervous system makes its own model of the event: alien abduction, satanic abuse, shamanic trial, temporal lobe epilepsy...whatever. i don't know if they're aliens or time travelers or neural spasms. what i know is this:

unusual information and insights seem to download into the brain. a kind of ego annihilation is followed by euphoric reintegration and a sense of extended understanding.

there's a surge of creative energy, all time is understood to be happening simultaneously, weird synchronicities occur constantly.

a new relationship with time, the Self, and death."
-Grant Morrison, Invisibles

This made me think of Vallee:

"every nervous system makes its own model of the event: alien abduction, satanic abuse, shamanic trial, temporal lobe epilepsy...whatever. i don't know if they're aliens or time travelers or neural spasms. what i know is this:

unusual information and insights seem to download into the brain. a kind of ego annihilation is followed by euphoric reintegration and a sense of extended understanding.

there's a surge of creative energy, all time is understood to be happening simultaneously, weird synchronicities occur constantly.

a new relationship with time, the Self, and death."
-Grant Morrison, Invisibles
I think more and more, people are making the connections between all of these experiences. Perhaps that is why Vallee is now making public talks again. He had stopped giving interviews for a while, but now he's done a couple of TED talks and there are some new interviews in French that can be found on youtube. Maybe everyone is starting to catch up to him now.

S

Sciborg_S_Patel

Interview with UFO researcher and author Jacques Vallée

Wanted to point something out:

Q2: What is your opinion about current evolutions of quantum physics ? According to you, would we be close to discoveries which can help partly to explain some phenomena related to Ufos?

The question is legitimate, especially as reliable researches about psychic functioning are facing the same problem. From the non-locality principle, we must wonder whether thought is not transmitted immediately (rather than electromagnetic waves, as in Soviet researches from 1930 to 1940 or French and English scientists’ works in the beginning of the last century with the “mental radio” concept). If so, it might be theoretically possible to get into contact with other forms of consciousness, while beings capable of moving in space might influence us at a distance, or even make us perceive imaginary scenes.

However, to tell the truth, it seems to me that in their enthusiasm some researchers use quantum physics a little bit too much: since these mechanisms remain mysterious, they can be stretched to explain a lot of phenomena in an exaggerated way. I am more interested in new ideas on the physics of information, as I said earlier. If space and time are a side effect of our consciousness and a physical illusion, we should face the problem of phenomena related to Ufos in a more fundamental way.
While most people would reference the no-communication problem of entanglement, just want to point out some work that offers possibilities for utilization of non-locality by conscious entities:

Biological Utilisation of Quantum NonLocality

(Skeptiko thread here)
http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10/papers/bell.html
The perception of reality by biosystems is based on different, and in certain respects more effective principles than those utilised by the more formal procedures of science. As a result, what appears as random pattern to the scientific method can be meaningful pattern to a living organism. The existence of this complementary perception of reality makes possible in principle effective use by organisms of the direct interconnections between spatially separated objects shown to exist in the work of J.S. Bell.
Radical Nonlocality

(Skeptiko thread here)

This article points out a nonlocality of quantum mechanics that is significantly more radical than that implied by violations of Bell locality or Einstein locality. It consists in the fact that the spatiotemporal differentiation of the physical world is incomplete. The so-called parts of space only exist to the extent that they are physically realized, and arbitrarily small parts cannot be physically realized. Further it is shown that intrinsically all fundamental particles are identical in the radical sense of numerical identity. Hence it is impossible to model reality "from the bottom up," whether on the basis of an intrinsically and completely differentiated space or spacetime or out of a multitude of intrinsically distinct building blocks. Quantum theory's explanatory arrow points in the opposite direction — from unity to multiplicity. In addition to establishing these conclusions, the article examines their implications for the enterprise called physics, illuminates these conclusions and their implications in a quintessential Indian philosophical context, and points out that while the radical nonlocality of the quantum world renders intelligible the possibility of paranormal correlations, quantum mechanics offers no help in explaining how paranormal phenomena come about.

At the 58:08 mark

Budd Hopkins: "Now there are all kinds of wonderful stories to illustrate the control these [alien] beings exert over our perceptions. I was working with a woman once who was recalling an experience. She was on the table inside a ship and there is a physical examination taking place. It's extremely painful and demeaning and so forth. She is not only enraged and furious but scared to death and she is undergoing pain. And the head alien ... walks over and puts his hand over her forehead and she says pain disappeared and she felt waves of most profound love she has ever felt in her life. She says she would sacrifice her own children for the love she felt for this being. It was just beyond anything she had ever known. No pain, no anger and total love. He walked away from her. Took his hand away ... the pain came back and she became angry again, she was hurting again, she was furious, and he came back and put his hand on her head. And she would've again sacrificed her children for that love. Now that kind of manipulation is part and parcel with the alien means of operating."

What do you make of this? This is basically the NDE experience where the Being of Light, God, the source, Uhmm or the Orb projects the most profound and unconditional love you ever felt to you. And you're drenched with love. But this is coming from an alien who abducted you, not from the Being of Light. It seems to be the same unconditional love, if only temporary. Can we conclude that these may have same origins? It's the same Being of Light that's doing abductions?

If you listen to John Mack, we know what he's getting at. He obviously sees the pattern of aliens being able to deceive and create virtual reality to fool and mystify us. If these aliens (or the Being of Light) can induce such virtual reality at will, it's very likely they played a role in creating miracles that may have begotten our great Abrahamic religions. This is of course what Vallee implies throughout. And also John Keel, if you read his Mothman Prophecy. One could make a case not for a duality but the Being of Light that isn't so kind to some of us. What do you make of this?

Put me out of my misery someone.....but what are all the light streaks or orbs on that first video of Vallee in 2012.
They start around 1 min 30 and still are buzzing around into the start of his talk around 5 mins - I haven't watched any further.
Is the place full of mosquitoes or could this be some light affect on the camera lens?

Put me out of my misery someone.....but what are all the light streaks or orbs on that first video of Vallee in 2012.
They start around 1 min 30 and still are buzzing around into the start of his talk around 5 mins - I haven't watched any further.
Is the place full of mosquitoes or could this be some light affect on the camera lens?
Looks like some sort of flying insects to me.

The thing is, check out the lighting. His shirt sleeve on the right is very bright. Somewhere outside the picture to the right is a fairly bright light. It isn't the only light source as the rest of the scene is fairly well-lit. Nevertheless, any extraneous wildlife entering that airspace will be pretty well-lit from that side, rendering them clearly visible.

Thanks Typaz - I guess we have to assume they're insects but there's something about their trajectories which looks odd to me - I saw one travel from left to right in a very straight line right across the room.

And after Vallee gets up to speak around 5.17 there's one appears on the black area behind him which flies downwards leaving a kind of light streak.

I have to say they do look just like those vids on YouTube of claimed spook lights.

Buy maybe they're all insects too....

Anybody else with views on this?