Kent Forbes, Does the Simulation Hypothesis Defeat Materialism |323|

This actually made me think of something that's been happening to me lately. I've always had what's called hypnogogic hallucinations, basically dreams outside of the REM phase. (I also get sleep paralysis, lucky me!) But lately as I wake up from these (so it's like I'm dozing, in a light stage of sleep, then I kind of wake up) I have the quickly receding memory of something I just dreamt, only its seems like it's important, but I can't quite remember what it was. It's more like I know I knew something, but cannot remember what it was. Just that it was important. I wish I could describe it better. But it's the strangest thing.:eek:

I have sleep paralysis too, since I was young although I am use to it, there are some episodes that scare the living crap out of me

Not getting that 50 minutes back. Does that kind of movie really change anyone's mind? Don't we really need to replace the current harmful "cult" with another less harmful "cult"? Hmm. Tough nut, me thinks.

Not getting that 50 minutes back. Does that kind of movie really change anyone's mind? Don't we really need to replace the current harmful "cult" with another less harmful "cult"? Hmm. Tough nut, me thinks.
I think we need to replace models that present a distorted and noisy view of reality with ones that integrate more predictive patterns into our worldview. In other words: models of reality that reflect the inner events shared by all living things.

Back