Marisa Ryan, Certified Psychic Medium Tackles Big Picture Questions |398|

Alex

Administrator
Marisa Ryan, Certified Psychic Medium Tackles Big Picture Questions |398|
by Alex Tsakiris | Jan 8 | Parapsychology, Uncategorized

Marisa Ryan has undergone rigorous testing of her skills as a medium, so what does she know about the big stuff?
398-marisa-ryan-skeptiko-300x300.jpg
photo by: Skeptiko
… on this episode you’re going to hear from a medium who is really really good. and I say that because she’s been tested by somebody I rely on in terms of after death communication research and that’s Dr. Julie Beischel… so our guest (Marisa Ryan) has been tested and certified at the highest level and that’s really cool because it means you can ask her anything and she has all the answers, right?

Well, not exactly but you can still ask her anything. You can ask her all these deep big picture questions. here is some of the stuff I asked her.
…this is kind of insane, I mean I’m asking the biggest questions and I’m just turning them over to Marisa because she can talk to Spirit. For example, these people in these laboratory settings are able to have precognitive experiences. Well, what the hell does that mean?

…I’ve had other guests on the show that have said our understanding of reincarnation is mistaken because of our misunderstanding about time and that we’re really living multiple lives simultaneously?

…let’s talk about near-death experience and mapping out these extended Consciousness Realms. I mean, what is the near-death experience from a spirit standpoint? What is spirit telling us? Why do people have those how are they different from OBE, astral travel, lucid dreaming?

So it was really cool to talk to Marisa. So cool that when we’re done I couldn’t resist asking her to do a reading for me… and I paid for it… no quid pro quo… but I wanted to see if she could do it do for me and since one of the big things going on in my life as the father of four teenagers… as long as you stretch that age limit a little bit… so I asked her questions about parenting. So I don’t play that whole reading because it’s kind of personal, but I can tell you a little anecdote that I think is significant to make and that’s that we’re doing this reading and she connects with my father on the other side in Spirit form, if you I believe all this stuff, which if you’re listening to this, I guess you probably do, or at least open to it. So I’m like “Dad, come on, help me out here.”

Here’s the point. What would you expect put a female nurturing medium who is a mother herself to say in this situation? If you were skeptical, and thought she’s just going to say some standard stuff. What would you expect her to say? How about this? “Like I hear I’m saying.
What do you mean I’m supposed to jump in and help. You’re on your own.”

Well, I got to tell you when she said that I nearly fell off my chair because that’s my Dad. That’s my dad to a tee. I can’t tell you how many times he said that exact phrase. So this is the part of medium readings that is hard to convey to people who are not convinced, or super skeptical, who don’t want to try or be open to something more. It’s not about the data. The data is great. The research of Dr. Julie Beischel confirming statistically that this stuff happens is statistically significant… that’s great… but what really changes people is when they have this kind of connection.

— HELP SKEPTIKO — CONNECT WITH ME —

So that’s coming up. I think you’ll really enjoy this interview. But before we get to it, I want to ask for your help. Now, you know skeptiko is free. There’s no pay wall. There’s no ads, there’s no anything. I do it because I love it, and the reason I love to do it is because I grow so much by doing it, and the way I grow so much is by connecting with you you.

Many of you have become friends, real friends, friends in a deeper way than many of the people I know in my life, and that connection, that Community is what it’s all about for me.

Now, I haven’t always found the best way to create that community, but it’s a new year… it’s a new beginning and I want to try again. So what I’d ask you to do is just simply to connect.

I’m not selling anything. I’m not spamming or giving yr info away, or anything like that… it’s just a way to connect.

And if you don’t want to do that then please join the Skeptiko-forum. I’m pretty active over there and if you join the skeptiko-forum it’s a way for us to dive deeper.

… and along those same lines, when you do connect with me I hope we can have a dialogue about where you’d like to see the show go and I say that with the caveat that that doesn’t mean that’s where I’m gonna take the show, but I at least want to know where you’re coming from, what you like, what you don’t like, what guests you’d like to see/hear.

So I’m reaching out to you and hoping you come on and reach back and tell me that you’re out there. and then let’s figure out where we’re going to go with this really cool skeptiko thing we’ve created. Okay, so enough of that let’s get on to my interview with Marissa Ryan.

That was an excellent podcast, crammed with interesting information from someone who has passed Julie Beischel's multiply blinded test of a medium's ability to do what they claim - someone whose information must carry a lot of weight.

She also seems to talk straight - no affectations, and no vagueness.

I do hope that she joins this forum, because when interviewees do that, it makes for a much richer discussion - I can think of a number of questions I would like to ask her, right now!

I don't know how many mediums have managed to pass Julie Beischel's test, but it would be fascinating to see how consistent they are about the 'other side'.

David

Last edited:
I enjoyed the podcast and if Alex does interview other mediums it would be interesting to see if there is a consistency of views.

I can understand how Alex felt in his reading, about five years ago I was on holiday with a friend, who just lost her father, she noticed that there was a spiritualist church nearby and asked if I would go with her in case her father came through. However, it wasn’t my friend the medium pointed to but me.

We were on holiday, the medium came from miles away, no-one knew we were going to the service we didn’t talk to anyone before the service but the message was very specific and healing and I was also very shocked.

I liked it also. Alex touched upon something I was thinking throughout the whole show when he said something along the lines of contradictory information and/or differing perspectives from all the information we get from different spiritual sources.

The last several months I’ve been big into researching astral experiences and experiencers. From what I can tell (with regards to the “prolific and published” astral travelers is that that they tend to talk about and testify to this “multidimensionality of the self. William Buhlman says time and time again in his lectures, “WE. ARE. MULTIDIMENSIONAL. BEINGS.” Jurgen Ziewes Great book is called “Multi-Dimensional man.” In it, he describes meeting his reincarnated Father while he was OOB who had apparently reincarnated as a Russian boy. And he also stated that his late mother told him during another experience that (paraphrasing) “though Jurgens father had reincarnated, she could still visit him in this other realm regularly and meet with him, and not as the Russian boy, but as a seperate “person” in this realm.” The handful of other astral travelers which I’ve researched would agree. But I’m not saying that I think she’s all wrong. The question “are we singular or multi-dimensional” might be as silly as the question, “what sort of cheese is the moon made out of?” Both arguments could be wrong and right, in ways that we can’t understand.

That said, I think that credible astral-travelers are our best source on these things. I’d rather listen to somebody speak about China if they were actually going to China regularly than listen to somebody who talks to somebody from China on the phone occasionally. Marisa’s main contention against multi-dimensionality seemed to be, “I don’t think it’s possible, it doesn’t make sense to me, I wouldn’t like it.” I don’t find that compelling at all. She did say that she had some OBE experience herself. I’d be interested to hear her speak of her experiences. We also don’t know for sure that astral travelers visit the same realms as discarnate folk, but I’d say that that certainly seems to be roughly the case. None of this is to cast doubt on mediums or the wonderful things they do. I’m just speaking on one specific point that I find interesting. And mediums are just as valuable, any more valuable, with regards to other purposes.

So again, the question of multidimensionality (as we frame it) may be nonsensical and not in accord with reality, just as the moon which actually isn’t made out of cheese at all. But that said, I find all the data we have supporting multidimensionality far more compelling than that coming from the “singular crowd.” I also consider the fact that the “singular” folk may simply have not had a direct experience of multidimensionality, and therefore conclude (wrongfully) that there is no multi-dimensionality. But, it’s also possible that those who experience multi-dimensionality are confused themselves, and that it is they who are wrong.

Marisa’s main contention against multi-dimensionality seemed to be, “I don’t think it’s possible, it doesn’t make sense to me, I wouldn’t like it.” I don’t find that compelling at all.
I get yr point... and/but it was refreshing to hear a medium say "this is my opinion" versus "this is what spirit tells me."

Hello Everyone and Thank you Alex for the fun interview.
I definitely dont have all the answers and I am still learning and experiencing as a soul having a human experience. As a Soul in this Human body I remain Skeptic in all aspect of my Human life. One thing I know for sure because I trust my guides is that we have One Soul having one Singular Existing experience at a time. Each time we have a Singular Existing experience the location may be different each time. Not all Reincarnations are on Earth. The Souls Home is one place where we return after each Singular Existing experience. (note: I am not saying Human. ) The purpose of each experience is to learn, grow and evolve as well as just...Experience. A soul cannot have Multiple Singular Existing Experiences Simultaneously. (Our Soul cannot inhabit more than one body at the same time). I have had many lives on other planets as most of you have also. Hoping all of you are making the most out of this Amazing opportunity to have a Human Experience and I look forward to seeing you all back home!

OK, I'm out here! Alex said to say this on the show... :)

Alex was kind enough to drop by my little-known site, and give me a kind word, so I am here to get my account kicked back off. A couple years ago, I lost my password and could not get logged back in. But the new forum engine (??) recently let me recover my account. Great to be back here. I like the look and feel of the forum now. The font is very easy on the eyes, and the color scheme/skin is very professional. Well done Alex and team.

Marisa, excellent show and thank you for being forthright. If you are experiencing something real, you should be insistent on pointing out things which are poorly understood, or are just flat wrong - inside the set of human understandings and guesses. It worries me when we get too much all-inclusive new age speak. I have always contended that, if one truly is a master/aficionado (or even involuntary passenger in the roller coaster) of a domain - one should also be able to offer its most profound critique. This was a very good session.

This life is very hard. This much is very clear. If one chooses a life of positive impact, I have not found the storm to ever end. It is like standing the helm of a sailboat in a hurricane. I have never understood why anyone would want to be immortal in such a place. I perform my writing as a therapy in between the life stressors and 24/7 uncertainty as to my business initiatives and various projects. I hope that it helps at least someone.

Great to be back, and thanks Alex!
TES ;;/?

Marisa, welcome to the forum!

As I said above, I do have a fair few questions I'd like to ask! I'll ask a few now, and save more for later.

1) Is it your impression that your contacts screen some information from us all - perhaps analogously to the way many people feel a novel is spoiled if someone tells how it ends?

2) I am not sure if Alex asked this, but do you believe that evil (or at least perhaps very manipulative) forces exist?

3) Do you have any ideas why only about 1/5 of cardiac arrest patients report having an NDE?

4) I'd love to know your thoughts on hellish NDE's.

5) It is suggested by some that those who commit suicide, get a rough time of it afterwards, or at least are forced to live another similar life to completion before they can 'move on'. Do you have anything to say about that?

David

Alex's question at the end of the podcast:

To what extent should we rely on/trust what mediums tell us?

If the medium routinely brings through verifiable information which she would have no normal way of knowing, you have some reason to trust what she is relating from spirit communicators.

Given that most published scientific research is false, I would say such evidential mediums should be trusted more than scientists.

Last edited:
I understand. I understand completely what you’re asking and my take on it from spirit is that it’s not necessarily like there’s a hierarchy exactly or there’s not like a panel or a government on the other side that God controls or anything like that, it’s all about experience. There’s no religion on the other side, there is a belief and it’s love, there is a feeling and it’s love. Do we have personalities as a soul? Yes, we do. Can we criticize? Yes, we can criticize. It’s not like all fairytales and unicorns on the other side and the life review, that is not God judging you, that is not anybody judging you. The life review is your opportunity to learn. You came down here and just experienced a life that had ups and downs and could be difficult, could be wonderful, whatever it is, and now this is your chance to actually get out of the human state of mind and be able to experience it as a soul. It’s that learning moment. It is self-judgement but it’s usually yourself judging yourself in a loving way. That’s the only way I can describe it. There is no judgement, there’s no hell, there’s no creator going, “Man, you really blew it.”

Marisa, I am interested in your views about atonement in the afterlife and reincarnation. If you make mistakes in this life, will you have to atone for them in the afterlife? Might you have to reincarnate to balance the karma in some cases? Do we have to incarnate in the first place? Who organizes that? I can understand that God is not directing every detail but is it total anarchy? How can you have souls incarnating on multiple planets without any organization?

Last edited:
I love when mediums come to skeptiko.

I always wondered... do the spirits have something similar to a code of conduct when dealing with humans? How much can they interfere with our lives? And as much as I want spirits to be real, it's creepy to think that my grandmother can watch me having sex, for instance. Is there any concept of privacy in their world or they just don't care?

Also, this thread isn't showing up for me in the forum together with the other threads. Maybe it's a bug.

First of all, thanks to Alex for the recent direction of the show, its the reason Skeptiko became my original "go to". Huge thanks also to Marisa for coming on the forum. I've never interacted with a medium before in any venue.

Marisa, I'm also interested in your answers to David's questions, I just wish he wouldn't have put words in your mouth for the first one. ;) The lack of truly consistent & non-contradictory information across-the-board really bugs me. I recently came across 2 accounts. One was where a mother connected with her deceased daughter. The daughter assured her she was OK and communicated regularly but refused any details as to what her afterlife conditions were like. Another was a shared-death experience where a family was in a car accident. The husband was killed and the wife seriously injured. She met with him in an NDE and it was the same thing. He was OK but would give no further details. So there's that. Then there are accounts like yours in the show. The murdered girl wants you to know what happened and ostensibly wants justice but won't/can't provide details to get there. (missing body part) Why not? Then there are accounts like the Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts where the spirits spin the same yarn about reincarnating together, give some real evidence, some half-truths and some outright lies and just blow it off or dodge when they are called on it.

On the other end of the spectrum is what I will call the BS Factor. It seems that once one accepts the reality of this subject, the tendency is to tack very quickly into pretty muddy waters and accept everything the spirits tell you, no matter how wacky it sounds. After all, they "know'. Case in point: https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Spirits-Speak-to-Extraterrestrials. The interviewee makes an interesting statement at one point, saying we are being "indoctrinated" to accept ET. Sounded like a Fruedian slip to me. Are we being indoctrinated to accept/expect reincarnation? To form beliefs and expectations for the afterlife? To blindly believe what the spirits say? If so, to what ends? Maybe I am too suspicious, but I think its worth considering.

Ultimately, can we know with 100% certainty who or what we are talking to, irrespective of the claims made? As a medium, how do you Know that you really are communicating with Uncle Fred or whomever? It seems like the "other side" does have access to a lot of information that can be presented as evidence. Certainly you would never have known it, but maybe something else would. There used to be a astral traveling poster here who would talk occasionally about energy signatures and how one could mimic others signatures to fool people. Would you have any thoughts on that and if/how that would apply to spirit communication?

Again, I really do appreciate you being on the forum. I hope I don't sound cynical or confrontational as i don't mean it that way. These thoughts have been percolating in my mind for quite a while.

The lack of truly consistent & non-contradictory information across-the-board really bugs me. I recently came across 2 accounts.
If indeed there is a large population of discarnate humans out there, perhaps they form into communities and a brief snapshot of life might be as varied as a quick snapshot of human life on earth might be. Imagine an alien sampling a scene in McDonald's, a nomadic desert tribe, a monastery, a maths conference, etc..... It might be just hard to put the various reports together. I do wonder if the various religions each have a continuation out there.

I guess that makes even more questions for Marisa!

David

Hello Everyone and Thank you Alex for the fun interview.
I definitely dont have all the answers and I am still learning and experiencing as a soul having a human experience. As a Soul in this Human body I remain Skeptic in all aspect of my Human life. One thing I know for sure because I trust my guides is that we have One Soul having one Singular Existing experience at a time. Each time we have a Singular Existing experience the location may be different each time. Not all Reincarnations are on Earth. The Souls Home is one place where we return after each Singular Existing experience. (note: I am not saying Human. ) The purpose of each experience is to learn, grow and evolve as well as just...Experience. A soul cannot have Multiple Singular Existing Experiences Simultaneously. (Our Soul cannot inhabit more than one body at the same time). I have had many lives on other planets as most of you have also. Hoping all of you are making the most out of this Amazing opportunity to have a Human Experience and I look forward to seeing you all back home!
thx so much for the interview and for joining us here. still pondering "Singular Existing experience" very interesting.

Back