Matrix

Thanks for the link Typoz.

As for Matrix Theory, it's basically some ideas that came to me before I ever read this. I think it could very well be a good approximation of what true reality may be. I think NDE's, hallucinogenic experiences and other paranormal phenomena point toward this being a real possibility.

In short Chalmers says that if we lived in Matrix, most of our beliefs about the external world would be true. I agree, because the Matrix hypothesis affects the overall conception of the world, but not specific beliefs about the world. An example: if two people fall in love in Matrix, outside of Matrix they may continue in love, proving that something happened there and that the difference between reality and simulation is pragmatically irrelevant. Other example: if reality is a hologram, a hypothesis treated by some scientists, is not that reality does not exist as some have claimed, but reality would not be what we think it was.

Thanks for the link Typoz.

As for Matrix Theory, it's basically some ideas that came to me before I ever read this. I think it could very well be a good approximation of what true reality may be. I think NDE's, hallucinogenic experiences and other paranormal phenomena point toward this being a real possibility.
Yes I think NDEs proove the matrix hypothesis: out of body experience becomes a 3D comptuting...

Last edited:
I've been trying to use the term Matrix type reality for awhile. It cut off a little of the immediate dismissal of afterlife evidence as a form of religious dogma since in the Keanu Reeves movie the matrix was designed by Robots created by humans who obviously didn't fit the term of God.
I really believe at some point whatever exists that ended up creating our "reality/matrix" just came about because that's the way reality is structured. So there may be a mind or spirit but I don't view it as a God but as a natural part of the fabric of realty.

A common skeptic strawmen argument/position is arguing as if NDE and all this stuff are a natural consequence of this universe's evolution. While a natural afterlife is possible (and there are a few proponents) I suppose I'll admit this seems to me to be farfetched in the extreme to me.

I was watching a "debate" with Eben Alexander, moody and Sam Harris. At one point Sam Harris said he'd expect an afterlife if it existed to be as obvious as the existence of "Canada". If you realized that Alexander and Moody were arguing that NDE's relate to our existence essentially being a designed construct to serve the purposes of entities in another realty or a Matrix then you would realize how silly this statement was unless you assume the entities capable of designing the Matrix were either stupid or incompetent.

Sam Harris clearly was arguing from a perspective that wasn't even processing the position he was arguing against because he had such a condescending attitude and intellectual smugness.

I would think an obvious design aim of a Matrix designer would be to not make it obvious one was living in a Matrix. Kastrupo had this interesting example of a South America tribe that thought they lived in a dreamworld and consequently had the highest suicide rate in the world.

Similarly his often stated argument that if you damage part of the brain a consistent behavior deficit would appear to be expected if you were living in a Matrix. If the Keanu Reeves character was living in a world where people could suffer massive brain damage and be cognitively unimpaired would you expect the inhabitants not to have figured it out.

Past life regression accounts have an interesting mechanism of human consciousness syncing up with fetuses after conception. While I agree this isn't proven it nevertheless shows a mechanism that would explain why the world looks so evolved, because it is. Starting a Matrix with a big bang would lead to very realistic matrix.

Strictly speaking there might be no evidence you are living in a Matrix. In our case there appears to be (thought not the circus act quality stuff skeptics want which again would diminish the value of a matrix) which to me indicates that we are somehow involved in the desin and function of the Matrix, though of course you can't rule out a Matrix simulation that included a matrix with the matrix. (There was this odd David Icke guy who seemed to be arguing for this. Aliens created the afterlife to control human souls or somesuch).