Mediumship and Psychic Development

My questions are about those instances where there are no pieces of information at all. At least nothing factual or verifiable. I occasionally feel I have contact with one or other deceased relative, but there is no verifiable data involved. My only reason for paying any attention whatsoever to such instances is that they are infrequent, and have a qualitative nature which is different to my ordinary everyday thoughts. Have you experienced this. Does it or might it happen to anyone/everyone.
I do, when meditating sometimes. I cannot say for sure whether its me or something more coming through. The thoughts seem to be more streamlined, like, no gaps or reaching for words. I also get what I call "the buzzies". A vibration that starts in my feet and lower legs and sometimes moves over my whole body. Sometimes if it's really intense, it feels like a shot of adrenaline, and I get really shaky.

I dunno. It may very well be just my thoughts and endorphins. Especially since I know meditation can cause the release of endorphins.

My questions are about those instances where there are no pieces of information at all. At least nothing factual or verifiable. I occasionally feel I have contact with one or other deceased relative, but there is no verifiable data involved. My only reason for paying any attention whatsoever to such instances is that they are infrequent, and have a qualitative nature which is different to my ordinary everyday thoughts. Have you experienced this. Does it or might it happen to anyone/everyone.

For me, its almost a daily occurrence. Occasionally, something is verified later.

Yes, a lot of it makes sense, especially the part about looking for 3 bits of information before calling it a hit, which made me laugh because it sounds like spiritual triangulating.

Your reading example made me wonder, what is proper etiquette for a sitter? What is appropriate for a sitter's response to a medium's statements? What I mean is, using your example, when you said your discarnate did a lot of sewing, the sitter replied, yes, she was a seamstress; however, you never said anything about the discarnate sewing for a living. Maybe Philomena sewed as part of her church's sewing circle on Tuesday nights, or she was a nurse in a military unit where her brother lost his leg, and she did a lot of emergency sewing of stitches and whatnot. By offering up, "yes, she was a seamstress," wouldn't the sitter be dirtying the quality of the reading, regardless of whether they intended to do so or not, and regardless of whether your abilities were real or not? At what point should a sitter offer up any information other than Yes or No?

I'm asking this because I'm thinking about how I acted in my own reading this past weekend.

Proper Etiquette for the sitter - Depends on the Medium.. and many would disagree with me.. but if I am receiving a reading I would want to be TOLD information rather that asked it. Having said that feedback for a Medium is a must.... and it should be sort of kept to "yes", "No" or "Not sure" and if the sitter tries to "test" the medium by saying Yes or No to something they should have... then it's game over. A connection can be lost that way.
So a valid question from a Medium is "Has your brother passed?". An invalid question is "Do you have a brother?" That's fishing for information. Its a 50/50 chance that someone has a brother... but it's not 50/50 that they had a brother that passed. The first statement the Medium is certain you have a brother and didn't need you to tell him.
In the example I gave of the seamstress yes you are actually 100% right... I get annoyed personally when people give up information like "It was their job" because that's 1 piece of information I now cannot get which I may have gotten next. Sometimes I get the fact it was a job prior to telling them... it depends on how the Medium got the information as to how it comes out. If I had asked at the time to the discarnate" "Show me something that would let them know it's you" and I saw sewing... then that it something very significant to their personality... yet if I specifically asked "What did you do as a job" and the spirit said "Sewing" then I can be more accurate in the initial statement. The fact the sitter volunteered the fact it was their job.... yeh that annoys me because I specifically tell the sitter only to answer Yes, No or Maybe..... unless I specifically request more info.

Ty for the opportunity. How do you separate the input that you get from being a medium from your own thoughts? Can you clearly separate them?

Yes that's what Meditation is for basically. You need to learn to switch off and on. I can seperate them DURING a reading because I am not thinking of anything else... in fact more often than not immediately after finishing a reading I struggle to remember what came up during the reading.

And well, i read your answer to brooke. Im a layman when it comes to mediums. To a person like me it seems like you are basically just guessing things until you hit something that could be correct. Is the input that you get as a medium just popping up in your brain or does it take a while to mainfest itself? And in what form do you get your medium-input? Words, pictures, sounds?

Sounds, images in my head, thoughts, feelings in my body etc. Its like a game of pictionary. They almost happen extremely quickly... like a flash so you can easily miss it. You learn over time to interpret the information as you build in your head a database of what certain images mean.
If you thimk Mediums are guessing then basically you haven't seen a good medium... but that is understandable. 99% of Mediums out there are just not very good.

You also wrote that you didnt believe at all in stuff like that at some point. Was there any particular event that convinced you to think otherwise? I mean, getting quite a few hits right is interesting and weird, i understand that, but was there something that you couldnt explain away with anything else just like that that really did it prove for you?

Personal experience was the only thing. A reading I had with a man by the name of Anthony Grzelka was probably the "moment" where I walked away absolutely 100% convinced. He knew nothing but my first name when I came in... and then proceeded to rattle off every name and pronounciation of my 4 grandparents, how they died individually, gave me my uncles name and aunties name. Knew about my birthmark in the back of my neck that he could not possibly have seen... knew my occupation... that I'd just bought a new car. Knew personal information about me that even my own parents did not know... and about individual relationship struggles I had with a certain family member... and absolutey nailed it.That was the "nirvana" moment because he is what I consider the best of the best I've seen.... but in truth it was building up to that through my own experiences and others I had seen.
Personal experience is THE only way you can be 100% sure. You can read all the books and articles in the world, all the skeptics and believers arguments and it is not worth a pinch of shit.... compared to personal experience.

And well, another one: Did you ever connect to something spiritual that was related to yourself?

I assume you mean a relative that had die? Yes happens all the time.

And a last one... did you ever get descriptions of the place where the spiritual energy resides(heaven, afterlife, whatever you wanna call it)? If you did even get multiple of them, did they match to a certain degree?

LOL you know I have asked them this question so many times... and the answer I get all the time is along the lines of "you wouldn't understand even if we could explain it". My understanding is it's another dimension.

Following up on this question, while the mediumship side I get, I'm fuzzy on the psychic/intuitive side. At some point someone offering guidance (NOT predictions, guidance) to a sitter is bound to get a client who asks a really stupid question. Here's what I mean: say I go to a psychic/intuitive and ask them, "yeah, my ex-girlfriend stole my money, spread vicious rumors about me, and cheated on me with a bunch of guys who beat me up. But she's SO hot, what can I do to get her back?" Is psychic ability necessary to respond, "no, you're an idiot, stay away from her"? That's a rhetorical question, my real question is, are there times when a psychic intuitive can best respond with a common sense answer instead of one given by spirit, and if so, is it proper in those circumstances for the PI to say, " look, that wasn't me being psychic, that was me telling you what your kindergarten teacher would've said?"
LOL. I HATED giving Psychic readings... and in fact refused to do them anymore... pretty much for what you said.

To correct something you said... and some Psychics will disagree with me because they believe in "spirit guides" and "angels" giving information.... but when you get a Psychic reading you are not receiving it from "spirit". The Psychic is tuning into YOUR energy and picking up on things going on. Big difference to mediumship where you are communicating with spirit. Most psychics are just telling you what you already know anyway... becaus they are reading your energy. Where a Psychic comes into their own is if they can traverse time and see things coming up for people in the future... but that skill is difficult to learn.

Also he thing I found is nobody listens anyway. Its the old You an lead a horse to water but can't make it drink...If I tell someone "Your husband is an asshole... he is cheating on you.... you will never be happy until he leaves you"... I can guarantee you 99% of the time they are there 6 months later seeing me with the same probems they had. It's part of their karma.... and only they can learn the lesson.

The way I look at it everything is a lesson.... good or bad... and you have to learn from those. Living a life through a Psychic and making decisions based on them is not good at all (Some Psychics are just not every psychic and tell you what you want to hear not what you need to head.... because everyone gets better feedback when they are "happy" with what they've heard from a psychic.)

So if someone asks me for advice now I tell them "You don't need a Psychic you need a life coach"

Frank, does your skill wax and wane over the course of time?

Yeah absolutely. I haven't sat down and done a reading now for over 12 months... and it has definitely weakened to the point I would no longer feel comfortable doing one. Even when I was doing it every day you'd have good days and bad days which could extend to weeks or months. Alternatively you could be in a "zone" where you can get the most amazing information for weeks on end and then all of a sudden start struggling.
Amazingly there would be days where I turn up after work for a platform and almost have to be dragged up there kicking and screaming because I was tired and panicking that I could not connect.... and it would end up being the best night. Same after a hangover lol

Yup like Quantumfrog that happens almost daily... and it happens to everyone It happened to me for the first 30 odd years of my life and I just shrugged it off as inner dialogue.

The question I would ask is the same as the question I ask students. "Do you ask evidential questions?" With relatives it's harder because you quite often know the answer.... but to give you an example which I thnk I had told before.

One night in the middle of the night my fire alarm went off in my house for absolutely no reason... and it was screaming. I assumed the batteries were flat so got the chair to try and take them out so I could turn it off and go back to sleep... except that I found it was connected to my house power!! and I couldn't turn it off. I tried everything including blocking vents to get it to shut down.... as I was sure it was waking up the entire street. After about 15 mins of this alarm going off I sat there trying to figure out what to do now when my grandfather popped into my head. I had never been particularly close to him at all.... rarely entered my thoughts... but I knew enough to know that if he is popping into my head it's for a reason. So I said out loud "If this is you granddad can you stop the alarm!!!" and within a second it stopped. So I thanked him and asked how he was and felt great.

In the end I got evidence... but only because I was AWARE of it... and sought it. You wll find they will do that alot with electrcal equipment as well... trying to get people to notice lights flickering, tvs and aircons going off etc. most people just ignore it.

I think if you started attending a development circle and built on these "thoughts" with actual questions to get information you will be surprised what you get.

This all reminds me of a conversation I had with my husband about psychic mediums. He said he thought it was all hogwash, everyone is a fake. So I asked him to pretend for a moment that he had died and I was with a medium and he was there trying to communicate. What would he try to communicate to convince me it really was him and the medium isn't a fake? He came up with a few things but quickly realized how hard that really is. Everything he came up with at first was very generic. It took us well over an hour before we came up with maybe a few items that only he and I would know that would be significant to us. Things you couldn't find out by talking to friends or family or checking public records.

So even sitting there, in front of each other, with no doubt we were together, it was really hard! That's without dimensions or realms or whatever in the way! People always expect mediums to make these significant, precise predictions, when just with that simple experiment you could see how nearly impossible that would be.

And that isn't taking into account the fact that time as we know it may not exist, free will, etc.

I hope I didn't derail your thread, Frank. I just thought I'd throw this in here, since it seemed appropriate.

So true! I love people being skeptical if the are open to learning. At the end of the day personal experience is the only way you will know..... but when people are skeptical and I am talking arguing until they are blue in the face skeptical.... and is about something they do not know the first thing abot.... that's annoying.
It's like saying that a radio cannot possibly work because there is no way they could fit a band inside a small box like a radio..... withou actually even bothering to find out that radio requires a transmitter and a receiver and a speaker and electricity etc etc.

Proper Etiquette for the sitter - Depends on the Medium.. and many would disagree with me.. but if I am receiving a reading I would want to be TOLD information rather that asked it.
As a sitter, I want to know what the medium perceives (sees, hears, smells, feels, etc). I don't want them to interpret it unless it is a symbol they are familiar with, that their guides use. Then they should say, for example, "I see roses which usually symbolize love". An exception to this is if a medium gets knowledge directly by knowing and not through sensations, but then they should say they get it directly.
So a valid question from a Medium is "Has your brother passed?". An invalid question is "Do you have a brother?"

I never worked as a medium ... but in the classes I took, and the Spiritualist churches I attended, both questions would have been considered fishing.

Last edited:
I have to say I agree Jim. I can see that questions can creep in like this inadvertently though when the situation is relaxed. Either the medium knows the brother is communicating or doesn't know it. It isn't necesarily fishing but it can look like it.

Better to say 'you have a brother that passed' or some such. I have seen mediums spoil the evidential value of information by the simple act of converting something which turned out to be correct into a question.

I wonder sometimes if mediums feel pressured to 'keep talking' when they perhaps should be silent and 'keep listening'.

Just saying how it can look.

It probably took me a good 3 years until I was able to sufficiently convince myself that I was actually communicating with a spirit energy.... and not just cold reading, psychic reading energy etc. I am very very big on evidence... which I believe actually increased my ability because I pushed myself.

My experiences were somewhat different. I would look around the room. Someone would stand out like I was looking at them through a zoom lens. That was the person I would read for. I would close my eyes and see a person in my mind's eye. I would describe the person. I would ask questions mentally like, What did you do for a living? What did you do when you were with the sitter while you were alive? I would see images as a reply. I would ask what caused your passing? And I would feel a sensation in the part of my body where they were diseased. There was no question of cold reading in my mind. I have many synchronicities but I am not psychic "on-demand" so felt the only reasonable explanation is that the spirits were influencing my mind. This was in class from the first day. I didn't always have a good connection with the spirit in which case I didn't have much to say. Even with a good connection, as a beginner, I didn't get as much information as more advanced students, and I didn't usually get detailed messages. I wasn't ever close to being able to get as much information as a professional medium should get. I rarely got names or the relationship to the sitter. I took classes at a few different churches at different times, but all together it was probably about a year or so of weekly classes. I would have liked to continue taking classes but I was unable to.

Cold Reading is also so damn easy to spot when you are on the receiving end of a reading. I can usually tell within 30 seconds of watching a Medium whether they are connecting as well or just reading Psychic energy rather than Mediumship.

Yes it is very easy to spot which is why I suppose I never saw anyone try it. Students who are not skilled might have very little to say, or they might say things that are not recognized but they didn't cold read. At least that is what I saw in class. In the Spiritualist church services they invited genuine mediums to do the services so there was no cold reading there either. Sometimes in church a medium would have a bad day or a particular sitter wouldn't recognize the spirit, but the mediums took their knocks, they didn't try to wing it with cold reading... because it would have been obvious and extremely damaging to their reputation.

I think if someone wanted to "fake it" he wouldn't try cold reading, he would give "evidence" and if the sitter didn't recognize the spirit, he would state confidently: "Well this spirit is here for you and here's the message...." and you would never know if he was faking it or if the sitter just didn't recognize the spirit. It would be credible because often in such cases the sitter will remember who the spirit was a day or two later. Or often times a sitter will not recognize a spirit guide, but after a few readings he notices the same "stranger" coming time after time and he will recognize the spirit from past readings. But if you're at a public demonstration like a church service, and you saw every reading producing an unrecognized spirit, you would know something was wrong.

Last edited:
Proper Etiquette for the sitter - Depends on the Medium.. and many would disagree with me.. but if I am receiving a reading I would want to be TOLD information rather that asked it. Having said that feedback for a Medium is a must.... and it should be sort of kept to "yes", "No" or "Not sure" and if the sitter tries to "test" the medium by saying Yes or No to something they should have... then it's game over. A connection can be lost that way.
So a valid question from a Medium is "Has your brother passed?". An invalid question is "Do you have a brother?" That's fishing for information. Its a 50/50 chance that someone has a brother... but it's not 50/50 that they had a brother that passed. The first statement the Medium is certain you have a brother and didn't need you to tell him.
In the example I gave of the seamstress yes you are actually 100% right... I get annoyed personally when people give up information like "It was their job" because that's 1 piece of information I now cannot get which I may have gotten next. Sometimes I get the fact it was a job prior to telling them... it depends on how the Medium got the information as to how it comes out. If I had asked at the time to the discarnate" "Show me something that would let them know it's you" and I saw sewing... then that it something very significant to their personality... yet if I specifically asked "What did you do as a job" and the spirit said "Sewing" then I can be more accurate in the initial statement. The fact the sitter volunteered the fact it was their job.... yeh that annoys me because I specifically tell the sitter only to answer Yes, No or Maybe..... unless I specifically request more info.

I totally agree, I think for the sake of both parties the sitter needs to be as unemotional and short in their responses as possible. I think even "Maybe" is too reckless. I'm inclined to side with Jim and Obiwan that, while asking a question that didn't ask if the brother had passed, it was a technical hit, for me it wouldn't be a compelling hit, unless it was coupled with other info you got, as you mentioned earlier.

I can see how testing the medium like you say would sever the connection; I wouldn't even call that testing, just outright lying, because the medium is giving this information, not the sitter, and the sitter's denying it. For me, testing would be coming into the session under an alias and in different wardrobe and hairstyle, so as to reduce the chances for cold and hot reading, but that's it.

Yes that's what Meditanion is for basically. You need to learn to switch off and on. I can seperate them DURING a reading because I am not thinking of anything else... in fact more often than not immediately after finishing a reading I struggle to remember what came up during the reading.

Sounds, images in my head, thoughts, feelings in my body etc. Its like a game of pictionary. They almost happen extremely quickly... like a flash so you can easily miss it. You learn over time to interpret the information as you build in your head a database of what certain images mean.
If you thimk Mediums are guessing then basically you haven't seen a good medium... but that is understandable. 99% of Mediums out there are just not very good.

Personal experience was the only thing. A reading I had with a man by the name of Anthony Grzelka was probably the "moment" where I walked away absolutely 100% convinced. He knew nothing but my first name when I came in... and then proceeded to rattle off every name and pronounciation of my 4 grandparents, how they died individually, gave me my uncles name and aunties name. Knew about my birthmark in the back of my neck that he could not possibly have seen... knew my occupation... that I'd just bought a new car. Knew personal information about me that even my own parents did not know... and about individual relationship struggles I had with a certain family member... and absolutey nailed it.That was the "nirvana" moment because he is what I consider the best of the best I've seen.... but in truth it was building up to that through my own experiences and others I had seen.
Personal experience is THE only way you can be 100% sure. You can read all the books and articles in the world, all the skeptics and believers arguments and it is not worth a pinch of shit.... compared to personal experience.

I assume you mean a relative that had die? Yes happens all the time.

LOL you know I have asked them this question so many times... and the answer I get all the time is along the lines of "you wouldn't understand even if we could explain it". My understanding is it's another dimension.

"You wouldn't understand it even if we could explain it." There's an ominous response. Maybe all these ?DEs, alien abductions, synchronicities, and whatnot are the modern-day parables, stories used to explain deeper truths.

I totally agree personal experience is paramount, because what we talk about on here affects literally everyone on earth, we all have a stake in these deepest personal issues. Do you have any meditation techniques and tracks you find work well, or is that something that varies frofrom person to person?

Are there any videos or websites on this medium you're talking about?

LOL. I HATED giving Psychic readings... and in fact refused to do them anymore... pretty much for what you said.

To correct something you said... and some Psychics will disagree with me because they believe in "spirit guides" and "angels" giving information.... but when you get a Psychic reading you are not receiving it from "spirit". The Psychic is tuning into YOUR energy and picking up on things going on. Big difference to mediumship where you are communicating with spirit. Most psychics are just telling you what you already know anyway... becaus they are reading your energy. Where a Psychic comes into their own is if they can traverse time and see things coming up for people in the future... but that skill is difficult to learn.

Also he thing I found is nobody listens anyway. Its the old You an lead a horse to water but can't make it drink...If I tell someone "Your husband is an asshole... he is cheating on you.... you will never be happy until he leaves you"... I can guarantee you 99% of the time they are there 6 months later seeing me with the same probems they had. It's part of their karma.... and only they can learn the lesson.

The way I look at it everything is a lesson.... good or bad... and you have to learn from those. Living a life through a Psychic and making decisions based on them is not good at all (Some Psychics are just not every psychic and tell you what you want to hear not what you need to head.... because everyone gets better feedback when they are "happy" with what they've heard from a psychic.)

So if someone asks me for advice now I tell them "You don't need a Psychic you need a life coach"

Fascinating, I've heard this thing about psychics telling you what you already know. So what can we do to tap into our own energies and pick up what's going on, so that we don't use psychics as a lifelong crutch? Can we use these energies as a sort of guiding compass, to help us see our options and help make a decision? What are your thoughts on spirit guides and angels? Do they appear to exist, what do they do, can we communicate with them?

As a sitter, I want to know what the medium perceives (sees, hears, smells, feels, etc). I don't want them to interpret it unless it is a symbol they are familiar with, that their guides use. Then they should say, for example, "I see roses which usually symbolize love". An exception to this is if a medium gets knowledge directly by knowing and not through sensations, but then they should say they get it directly.

Agree with this... you are actually taught as a Medium to say both the symbol you get and thenhow you interpret it... because sometimes it means something to the sitter that is different. A real example I had was that when I see a "bell" that symbol is a warning sign for me... so I told them "They are showing me a bell... which is my sign I get for a warning". For the person receiving the reading the bell was very significant and was their way of knowing it was really them...as towards the last few years of their life they couldn't speak and used a bell to get the person's attention when they needed something.

I never worked as a medium ... but in the classes I took, and the Spiritualist churches I attended, both questions would have been considered fishing.

Ahhh yes but the reason the spiritual church teach you not to say it that way is because of perception rather than any accuracy. It's not fishing... it's perceived that it could be though.

Instead of saying "Is it your brother passed?" which is basically asking for nothing more than a confirmation to a statement you are asking... they want you to say "I have your brother here and he is telling me he is on the other side... so he has passed away correct?".

Ironically the information is the same... but it's about how you ask it. It comes across as you not being confident of the information if you frame it as a question rather than a statement.

I have to say I agree Jim. I can see that questions can creep in like this inadvertently though when the situation is relaxed. Either the medium knows the brother is communicating or doesn't know it. It isn't necesarily fishing but it can look like it.

Better to say 'you have a brother that passed' or some such. I have seen mediums spoil the evidential value of information by the simple act of converting something which turned out to be correct into a question.

I wonder sometimes if mediums feel pressured to 'keep talking' when they perhaps should be silent and 'keep listening'.

Just saying how it can look.

Sorry didn't read your answer before replying to Jim but agree 100%!

My experiences were somewhat different. I would look around the room. Someone would stand out like I was looking at them through a zoom lens. That was the person I would read for. I would close my eyes and see a person in my mind's eye. I would describe the person. I would ask questions mentally like, What did you do for a living? What did you do when you were with the sitter while you were alive? I would see images as a reply. I would ask what caused your passing? And I would feel a sensation in the part of my body where they were diseased. There was no question of cold reading in my mind. I have many synchronicities but I am not psychic "on-demand" so felt the only reasonable explanation is that the spirits were influencing my mind. This was in class from the first day. I didn't always have a good connection with the spirit in which case I didn't have much to say. Even with a good connection, as a beginner, I didn't get as much information as more advanced students, and I didn't usually get detailed messages. I wasn't ever close to being able to get as much information as a professional medium should get. I rarely got names or the relationship to the sitter. I took classes at a few different churches at different times, but all together it was probably about a year or so of weekly classes. I would have liked to continue taking classes but I was unable to.

Yup that's the thing with Mediumship... there is no right or wrong way only your way. I get the feelings as well in my body when it comes to how they died. I don't "see" as well though... so whilst others can see aura's and spirits... I can't so I have to rely on other things. I can hear well and get accuracy with names and numbers... where others couldn't. I have a friend who says she sees things as a tv screen in the corner of her eye.... where I don't get that at all. It used to annoy me that I couldn't see things because I thought it would be so much easier to 'trust' what you get... yet as she explained.. every tried watching a silent movie and trying to figure out whats going on.... she used to get annoyed she couldn't hear stuff. That was when I realised there are many different ways to get the same message... just takes practice to work on your 'language'.

Yes it is very easy to spot which is why I suppose I never saw anyone try it. Students who are not skilled might have very little to say, or they might say things that are not recognized but they didn't cold read. At least that is what I saw in class. In the Spiritualist church services they invited genuine mediums to do the services so there was no cold reading there either. Sometimes in church a medium would have a bad day or a particular sitter wouldn't recognize the spirit, but the mediums took their knocks, they didn't try to wing it with cold reading... because it would have been obvious and extremely damaging to their reputation.

Spiritual churches tend to be more strict... and better talent... but with that I found came ego in most of the places I went to in Australia. Generally they were full of ex-pat British people who believed they came up with and owned Mediumship. I believe the UK spiritual churches are not that way. You generally would not find many cold readers at a spiritual church because they would never get to a spiritual church unless they were half decent. I used to do quite a few platforms at Spiritual churches... and it took me a good 5 or so before I found one where the entire audience wasn't full of ego. Having said that I am fully 100% on board with the way the spiritual churches teach because it is stricter and more evidential.

I think if someone wanted to "fake it" he wouldn't try cold reading, he would give "evidence" and if the sitter didn't recognize the spirit, he would state confidently: "Well this spirit is here for you and here's the message...." and you would never know if he was faking it or if the sitter just didn't recognize the spirit. It would be credible because often in such cases the sitter will remember who the spirit was a day or two later. Or often times a sitter will not recognize a spirit guide, but after a few readings he notices the same "stranger" coming time after time and he will recognize the spirit from past readings. But if you're at a public demonstration like a church service, and you saw every reading producing an unrecognized spirit, you would know something was wrong.

I see what you are saying. This is where spiritual churches differ from the sort of development circles I've been to.... where you are in 'training'. At a spiritual church you are taught that if you haev a message for someone that nobody can take... then you say the message and move on. You don't get the chance to cold read because you effectively aren't doing a reading. Nobody has validated the information.... so you put it out there just in case the person remembers later on that it was for them.... and you move onto connecting to the next spirit. I actually found though that I could not move on if I had a spirit for someone in the audience and would just keep getting more info re: that person. Others could move on.

In development circles though it's blindly obvious because you split up into pairs and you have 10 mins with someone.... and in that 10 mins if you can't take the information they are giving you... you can almost see them reaching for anything that may start a connection. I am talking about grandmothers, grandfathers... giving you information that is generic... thats when you know they are cold reading. Doesn't happen so much in spiritual churches.

"You wouldn't understand it even if we could explain it." There's an ominous response. Maybe all these ?DEs, alien abductions, synchronicities, and whatnot are the modern-day parables, stories used to explain deeper truths.

No there was nothing ominous about it... far from it. Only that things like the concept of time as we know it doesn't exist over there. It is hard enough for them to communicate to us information that we can relate to here... during a reading. Trying to show us things we cannot relate to would be almost impossible. That's how I took it.

I totally agree personal experience is paramount, because what we talk about on here affects literally everyone on earth, we all have a stake in these deepest personal issues. Do you have any meditation techniques and tracks you find work well, or is that something that varies frofrom person to person?

Meditation is one of those things that is very personal... and changes over time. I used to like guided meditations with music... and now I need to be in complete silence during meditations. Definitely try guided meditations though.. good for 'beginners' because it gets your brain at least thinking about something other nice wonderful places... rather than bills you have to pay and arguments you may have had during the day. There are lots of these on youtube actually. I find as you progress with meditation you learn to switch off your brain and thoughts without the need for guided meditations... and silence is the best.

Are there any videos or websites on this medium you're talking about?

You mean Anthony Grzelka? This is his website... and there is a video of him on Australian TV... he does a reading about half way through this video where he does a very short phone reading live on air... which is actually the toughest way to do a reading. You can see the information he gets is very specific... even though he only has a minute or so to give info.

http://www.whispersfrombeyond.com.au/

No there was nothing ominous about it... far from it. Only that things like the concept of time as we know it doesn't exist over there. It is hard enough for them to communicate to us information that we can relate to here... during a reading. Trying to show us things we cannot relate to would be almost impossible. That's how I took it.

Meditation is one of those things that is very personal... and changes over time. I used to like guided meditations with music... and now I need to be in complete silence during meditations. Definitely try guided meditations though.. good for 'beginners' because it gets your brain at least thinking about something other nice wonderful places... rather than bills you have to pay and arguments you may have had during the day. There are lots of these on youtube actually. I find as you progress with meditation you learn to switch off your brain and thoughts without the need for guided meditations... and silence is the best.

You mean Anthony Grzelka? This is his website... and there is a video of him on Australian TV... he does a reading about half way through this video where he does a very short phone reading live on air... which is actually the toughest way to do a reading. You can see the information he gets is very specific... even though he only has a minute or so to give info.

http://www.whispersfrombeyond.com.au/

I'm sorry, ominous was the wrong word. I meant another word that described the response as awe-inspiring, cryptic, and otherworldly, like going into space and seeing the earth for the first time. I understand about meditation, I've been a bit iffy about YouTube because anyone can throw a reversed Brian Eno track and call it binaural, but I'll look into it again. Thank you for the video, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Back