NDE'rs observing from corner of the roo

A pretty straight forward and simple question that has always left me puzzled is this:

After reading dozens of books and hundreds of NDE accounts, I'm surprised by the amount of times I have heard "I floated or observed the scene below from the corner of the room." Why do so many report being in the corner of the room?

Just wondering what some thoughts and opinions are..

A pretty straight forward and simple question that has always left me puzzled is this:

After reading dozens of books and hundreds of NDE accounts, I'm surprised by the amount of times I have heard "I floated or observed the scene below from the corner of the room." Why do so many report being in the corner of the room?

Just wondering what some thoughts and opinions are..
Just my guess, but I think this is an artifact of translating Omni-directional point-of-view into the single directional POV we normally experience. Whenever I sit down to eat in a restaurant, if I have a choice about it, I naturally am drawn to the corner of the room so that I don't feel like there's anything going on behind me of which I'm unaware. Perhaps if one had the unique experience of seeing everything that's going on in the room from every directional angle, this could be symbolized by a corner or ceiling POV.

Last edited: