Need an explaination for a weird superstition type phenomena i experience

Discussion in 'Consciousness & Science' started by ellyroo, Feb 10, 2018.

1. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

Hello wonderful and rad peoples ^u^ , i hope you are all well

now i need an explaination possibly, something that goes on that's kind of weird but anyhow

I'll concept it out so i dont have to explain the exact things going on but lemme put it like this

Lets take, ..... Tasha , she's a 16 year old female , she's also autistic (basically like me), now

she finds a song she can really like, lets say it's lake of fire by nirvana, so she gets into the song and really likes it, now ..... during the time she listens to the song , she notices that bad things start to happen, her friends seem to feel down , something not so great happens between them ,

but otherwise her friends had been okay, so she stops listening goes to help her friends, all is okay again and they set off their seperate ways

now the next day, she doesn't listen to this song, .... and her friends and things get on fine

so another day or such passes,

she then on lets say the thursday (she began listening on monday) begins to listen to this song again, .... and enjoys it, but then her friends and things start to go awry, .... and then goes away to sort it out. , it gets sorted eventally and all is well

lets skip to friday, she goes to listen to the song , and again things go awry and bad and her friends aren't feeling too good , so again she goes away to sort things out, and then returns. things are sorted

so she begins listening to the song again, ..... and the bad occurances begin to happen again, she's starting to get a bit weirded out, she notices when she begins listening to this song , bad happenings begin to happen in her life, so putting 2 and 2 together , maybe she figures in some odd way , the song could be triggering these bad occurances to happen, so she stops listening to the song for a while

so lets cut away a month later, she hasnt listened to the song after noticing listening to it seems to always have bad things happening after, but she figures maybe it was an odd occurance and it probably was all in her head. so she returns to listening to this song

..... and low and behold , the bad thing that hasnt happened for a month happens straight after she begins listening to this song, so slightly creeped out tasha has to reluctantly stop listening to it.

this is kind of an example or best i can say of a thing that happens to me, and i noticed the corroboration (or whatever word to say),

here is examples of things that i noticed seem to cause bad events to happen:

Listening to any quake announcer lines (i play TF2 and thus get exposed to them, but i have had to modify the game to ensure i do not hear them , due to somehow after i hear or read one of the lines, a bad occurance happens after it, sometimes 5 mins later, sometimes an hour later, but not any longer than maybe a day)

Listening to certain songs

Wanting to dye my hair with a red fringe, i really badly wanted to, but after noticing things went to crap after i made the decision to maybe do it, i had to reverse the decision after ne of my friends had fallen ill and was sent to hospital

Wanting to buy any AMD Ryzen parts for a upcoming PC build i want to do, I had a choice between Doing a 5820K based build or a 1700X based build, and when i started to plan out the 5820K Build, nothing bad happened, ..... but whenever i plan out the 1700x based build, bad things happen, such as panic attacks, big senses of negative energy , .... and thus it repeated so much i had no choice but to abandon the 1700X build plan

Having a VERY certain image in my thoughts, i have had to train my mind not to image this thing, cause again i always noticed something crap happened after i thought this image

thats nearly as much as i can think of, but there is one or two i missed out .

Now i've talked this over with my friends, but they always said "it's in your head, nothing will happen" ..... so yet i do one of the things i said seems to cause the bad occurances and.... guess what

THE BAD OCCURANCE HAPPENED,

so now i'm in a state where i have to avoid doing certain activities.

over time this happened more instantenous, but i noticed if i do the things that cause bad occurances, it changes from a bad occurance happening straight afterwords, so if i do it multiple times a VERY bad occurance happens, like it's a bottle that inflates then does a large explosion

2. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

examples of things that have happened due to these, what i could say as "bad occurance trigger'ers" have been

Hamster getting attacked by the dog due to a hamster cage failure (after i heard a Quake Announcer line)

Friend falling ill and having to go to hospital, I had gotten minor bad things happening while i put my mind to getting the red fringe, but i figured if i powered through it, it'll go away, but when my friend became ill just before i was gonna put the red in my hair, i had to straight up cancel the project

Bits and bobs of computer parts breaking (i dont remember the exact trigger, but i do know a thing or two has gotten broken cause of it)

Other Friends Friendships coming close to failing, Even people i would consider BFF's , always seems to happen after the "bad occurance trigger"

People becoming very annoyed or angry at me for seemingly no reason, (Multiple Trigger'ers, most prolific being the quake ones)

So I dont know if im going fucking crazy, But i've had this happening to me for a long while, And it being all in my head is kind of i feel a piss weak explaination, cause if it was all in my head I could simply just ignore it and change my thinking, ..... and that i tried and guess what, FAILED

I suggested it to one person and they said it sounded like a curse, but i guess such thing gets looked upon with a lot of doubt, but it does seem to act like a curse, or SOMETHING is preventing me from doing specific things.....

it's weird to live with, and it does cause a lot of hardship at times...... but i guess it could explain something in some way ?

do bare in mind i am Autistic, so ethier it's due to autism im having this happen to me, Or due to autism, it's given me the ability to notice this where some people may not, upto you guys really to decide on that

3. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

I've once or twice intentionally done the things i know are "bad occurance trigger'ers" , to see if there is defo something going on, or if its just some odd thing

and always had the bad occurance happen. i feel like doing a experiment and updating you guys on it to see what happens, abeit a big part of me doesn't want to due to the shit this has caused

so i dunno if this will be under neurology/normal psychology or parapsychology , but *shrug*

4. Laird

Laird Member

Sounds very curious. It's hard to know what's going on there.

If you were to do an experiment, it would be challenging to design properly: difficult questions would include "Within how long after a trigger should a bad outcome be allowed to occur?", "How would bad outcomes be defined and who would assess whether or not one had occurred?", and "Could this assessment be meaningfully made objective and/or blind?"

ellyroo and Trancestate like this.
  5. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

man i gotta think on it.

I was thinking of just going, i'll do this, give it 24 hours (i'd give it 24 hours at most, cause most of these occurances always happen before 24 hours), then say what happened

might be arrogant tosay but, if i say what happened, and if it's a typical case of it. im sure you guys could decide whether or not? you know

6. Ellyroo,

This is a complicated problem and I don't think it is a good idea for amateurs to start playing around with, or experimenting with, your mind.

You need the assistance of someone who is trained to deal with these kinds of questions, like a therapist who specializes in spiritual problems. I'm not implying it isn't real.

You could try these organizations:

Spiritual Emergence Service - they have a free support "hotline" by phone or e-mail.
    http://spiritualemergence.net/

Assocation for Transpersonal Psychology
    http://www.atpweb.org/professional/profdir.aspx

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    ellyroo likes this.
  7. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

i have contacted them :D

I dunno man, im also trying to clear myself so i can try experiment with this and see what happens, just as a sort of confirmation experiment cause i've had 2 successful ones in the past, i'm going through quite a lot at the moment so, in orderr to get a clear slate so the results cant be muddied is gonna take a little :3, any tips?

8. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

you know what, lets do this, i'll see what happens

lemme go for the ryzen PC + Red fringe thing , time is 12:19PM , i'll edit this post to see what happens

UPDATE:

1:22 PM

things went to shit, Experiment closed
    lost a friend, told what a piece of shit i am .... so basically yeah

lay off the BOT's i guess

you know what

3:13 PM

lets go for this again, i'll update
    7:21, I think i'll do it tomorrow, i feel too fucked

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  9. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

okay i got a response back
    says im overthinking and to enjoy what life has to offer

maybe they are right?

my thinking has gotten considerably more warped over the year, i actually begin to question if i'll be in a mental hospital in a while at times

10. ellyroo

ellyroo Member

holy shit things have gotten extremely bad since this experiment o-o;;